Can we post the actual unit name ? thanks.
type amazon sword
dictionary amazon_sword ; Amazon Swordswomen
type merc amazon sword
dictionary merc_amazon_sword ; Amazon Swordswomen
is it my impression or amazon archers are a bit too imba in this mod?
It would seem that way, but for certain unit, that is the actual weapon leathality if you visit the weapon's description page.
There are three classifications of Amazon archers:
1. the unit uses regular arrow and normal size composite bow.
2. the unit uses lead block and over-drawn bow.
3. the unit uses iron casing filled with lead, with fluted tail to spin the projectile, shooting with either a manu-ballista or double bow (ie bow with dual limbs and dual bow strings).
So not all Amazon archers are the same.
yes but i started a macedon campaign and basically everything ended up in arrow wars where hoplites and non archer cavalry get slaughtered immediately
Last edited by LoGaL; January 11, 2012 at 07:03 AM.
Which Amazon unit your Macedonians ran into ?
BTW, the Greeks and the Romans are meant to be "cannon-fodder".
ANd since Amazons are not as good in Hand to Hand combat, it is supposed to be an arrow war. Because they fight better with stand-off weapon.
Try Carhtaginian or Sarmatian, you would have much better luck.
Which Amazon unit your Macedonians ran into ?
BTW, the Greeks and the Romans are meant to be "cannon-fodder" factions.
And since Amazons are not as good in Hand to Hand combat, it is supposed to be an arrow war. Because they fight better with stand-off weapon.
Try Carthaginian or Sarmatian, you would have much better luck.
no i started with my amazon archers ( with the macedonians) and they rape everything! i see entire hoplite units slaughtered in 4-5 volleys
Lets have a look at the next beta and the upcoming fixes first and talk about balance later I suggest .
Personally I don't think the Amazon units are imbalanced.
This mod is really only playable with Sarmatian, Carthaginian, Armenian, and the Amazons. The other faction does not really stand a chance against a well-established faction with the Advanced Unit.
In the opening stage, if the Geothe Amazon cease to exist, then the game can be played by any faction, but if LoGal thinks the Macedonian Amazon Mercenary is bad, wait until the Macedonians run into the Advanced unit equipped with Thermite Fire-Jar.
Perhaps I should make the game playable only by the Sarmatian, Carthaginian, Armenian, and the Amazons.
It's quite easy to balance things out in a gameplay way if you've got a very strong unit which seems to be to strong simply half their unit size that will give them a nerf.
But as usual everyone has its own opinion and that's okay.
Just checked the offensive point of the Macedonian Amazon.
SubRosa had given her elite Amazon archer with 13 offense point, in the 3.0c release
Whereas, in the 6.0c mod, the Macedonian Amazon Mercenary only has 10 offense point. Same as the Thracian Peltast. 10 points is slightly high in the Re-ignited mod because, supposedly, they are using the arrowhead with the high quality iron tip. The Cretan Archer has 13 point in offense, and 50% longer range too.
Just to let everyone know that the long awaited 6.0D is finally available.
The download link is at the OP (first message in this thread).
- Renamed titles and units to be more consistent with the storyline and their functionality.
for example, the head of Geothe Amazon is now Priestess Marshal, as the Geothe is a Artemis/Camilla Sect Theocracy.
The Gladiatus Cohort is now renamed, Xiphos Plumbatarii to indicated that they use the Xiphos style sword with shield, and they throw leadened darts using pole sling.
- New Armenian Units
~ Armenic Guard Immortal
~ Armenic Halberdier
~ Armenic Amazon Elite Horse Archer
~ Armenic Amazon Xiphos Legion
~ new armored conscripted spearmen
- Until the first quest is completed, Armenian faction units mostly have the following characteristcs:
a. Their units are the best equipped, and almost exclusively all iron armored
b. They are awfully expensive, both in recruitment and upkeep.
c. They have the best equetrian mounts of any factions.
- Fine tuned Armenian Quests again to be more playable and interesting.
- Corrected the Amazon sword women animation issues.
- Re-factored offense points for Amazon and Armenic units using mini-leadened-bolts (plumbata)
- Re-animated Amazon Heavy Manu-Ballistae Cavalry units for all Amazon factions, switched from sword to spear/lance
- Amazon General Units adjustment on offense point and unit strength.
- New Armenian General Units and strat animations.
- New Armenian faction color, flag, and standard bearer, based on Armenian Artaxiad Dynasty flag
- Celt is now playable but not recommended if you intended to play a faction to achieve world domination.
- Roman remains Purple as Spartan198 suggested
- re-skinned Amazon Libyan units to be more Eurasian than African.
- New Amazon Cavalry of the Line Animation and skins.
- New light unit skins for most amazon archers, militia axes, militia cavalry.
- New Geothe Lanciarii skin and animation.
- use the newly tested result from Darth Vader Foot Missile Bug parameters to enhance the AI's battlefield tactics.
- corrected mercenary units missing skins errors.
- new adjusted skins to make the Amazon unit more photo-like.
- new Amazon unit .cas files
- new sprite files as well as more sprite changes for existing files. This is by no means a completed task, but I am glad we have test methodology in place.
- Changes to give peasant and light units more ragged look, in keeping with the Balanced Unit Modeling principle (aka Parthian Shot's 5 Laws).
- Because changes in light units will make unit identification more difficult (Amazon TW has the banner turned off to make the battle more realistic), each peasant unit as well as light unit is given a standard bearer for easier unit identification in the battle.
- Add happiness points for Amazon cult temple even if some non-Amazon factions own the territory.
Thanks, will give it a go soon.
By the way I think it would be a good addition if the forced diplomacy script would be implemented into the mod.
I quote one of my fave mods the ExRM which uses that script:
What do you think?DimeBagHo's ForceDiplomacy script. It lets you make the AI an offer it can’t refuse. This is useful when you’re pummeling the AI and/or want to help it, but it’s so consumed with aggression toward you that it doesn’t recognize a good deal when it sees it.
Last edited by Mark Centurion; January 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
Sounds good to me, but your call.
Last edited by Mark Centurion; January 17, 2012 at 02:43 AM. Reason: fixed some typos
I believe that if we properly configure the like and dislike factor in descr_strat, the result might be similar but more smooth than forced diplomacy.
That is just a personal preference, we can have a vote on this.
The problem in the like and dislike factor in descr_strat is that this stats are only taken into account at game start a couple of rounds later the AI changes its behaviour towards the player even if set to friendly/ally at game start between a certain nation.
And here the forced diplomacy script helps you out if needs must.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)