Thread: Traits and retinues

Laetus

Default Traits and retinues

Although being new to this forum, I am not new to the game, but after recently having installed Amazon: Total war 7.0 i am curious about the trait which makes your Geothe general High priestess of the north. How do you acquire it? She is my current faction successor and is in the same army as my faction ruler. The retinue is called "Ladyship conferred" and gives +2 influence, +2 troop morale, +3 command and + 2 personal security.

Default Re: Traits and retinues

That was part of the reward system recommended by uthrill, and implemented by our scriptors. Basically when a general conquers a strategical location, she is conferred with a ladyship title. If she moves out of the region before the title is conferred upon her, or if she is conferred but subsequently died and player did not manually transferred the title to another general, the next general from the same faction moves into the strategical location will inherit the title.

Some more detail in logic, if the strategic city where the title is conferred is lost to the enemy, the general would still retain the title, but when she dies, the title will not be conferred by the AI, unless the player manually transfers the title to another faction general.

In release 8.0A this logic has been further refined by Celeste and me, so perhaps you can check out the latest release and see if the logic is more clear.
    Last edited by parthian shot; July 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Laetus

Thanks Parthian Shot, this answer helps me a lot, I'm looking forward to gaining more titles

Quote Originally Posted by Shorkan1000 View Post
    Thanks Parthian Shot, this answer helps me a lot, I'm looking forward to gaining more titles
    You Are Welcome! BTW, our development discussion has been moved to
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ar-8-0-Release

If you have any input and suggestions, please feel free to post them there. This forum is used for bug report and announcement only.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Also our rating on ModDB is under attack by trolls, and the popularity is taking a major hit, althought it is still the top 5 mod on ModDB, if you can register on ModDB to provide a fair rating assessment, it would be very helpful to bring the popularity back up.

In 8.0C, additional titles are set up, so when a general takes over an important city, say Rome, he or she would be able to gain a title as a regional governor.

So the current scheme is as follows...

Each theater of operation will have a Lord or a Lady in charge, and the trait will improve should the general gain the title. There will be only 5 such generals for each faction.

Each critical region, Rome, for example, will gain the occupying general title as governor, and will improve his or her trait. There will be about 12-16 such titles.