Edited August 30t downh, Amazon Total War 8.0R is also available for Download, this is the currently QA'ed release [here]
Edited February 7th, Amazon Total War 7.0A is also available for download [here]
Latest 6.0K also has file saving bugs corrected and now with 7.0A Amazon UI pictures.
Edited November 7, 2012: Amazon Total War 6.0K is now available for download.
WARNING : MATURE PLAYERS ONLY
Once again, this mod contains some female nudity in the depiction of conflicts in antiquity, so if there is any reason the law of your locality prohibits you from viewing such content (for example, if you are under the age of 18 in most areas), please do not access the download.
By either downloading or installing this mod's compressed file, the user who performed the download/installation acknowledges that he (or she) is legal to view such content and he or she is solely responsible for the use as well as the consequences of the use of this mod.
Keeping the aforementioned prerequisite in mind, Please do not pass along or forward link to the download file without this warning be shown.
And while playing multi-player online, please be mindful of the opponent's age or sensitivity, as each player is solely responsible for the unit he or she selected to play.
You can download 6.0K release [here], Alternative Download [here], Second Alternative Download [here].
You need 7zip utility to uncompress the file. Due to increase in complexity, it is recommended the system has a minimum of 4GB RAM to have more trouble free gaming experience.
The original Whitepaper is published [here]
For the weapon description, you can read them [here].
For the factional background of the game, you can read more detail [here].
For the Balanced Unit Modeling Concept, or B.U.M., you can read more [here].
For 6.0 demo video made by naxzul [here].
We are finally getting out of our beta cycle. But it doesnot mean we are bug free. So please feel free to report any issue.
Also please remember to restore the sound volume and set the proper enable/disable music option, otherwise the game would have no sound which is our standard test environment.
Changes and specification in 6.0K
1. new Libyan Amazon Chariot unit
2. new Libyan Pathfinder units.
3. new and re-balanced rebel units.
4. new Britons Amazon Chariot units
5. corrected Roman Amazon Auxilia CTD.
6. corrected crashes reported in 6.0J
7. re-sync'ed Latin quotes.
8. render text description (other than Greco-Roman sources) to be gender neutral. Thanks to Siberian Wolf's report.
9. adjusted recruiting cost for many units.
10. applied the BUM balance to Celtic and Gaul.
11. newly rehashed Geothe Amazon Skins.
12. rehashed militia archer skins.
13. added Reminder Advisory Message to activate Amazon mod script at the beginning of load/re-load campaign. Per Siberian Wolf's recommendation.
14. new camera control for Quest announcement.
15. new victory video.
16. corrected Greek attired Amazon units to Phrygian.
Changes and specification in 6.0j
Mainly correcting problems caused by our testers checking in files in sequence.
These were not discovered until Hyperfyre reported the CTD described in Patch 1.
Corrected Amazon Grenadier Cavalry, Heavy Cavalry, and Demi-Lancer using the same skin for Thyssa and Amazonia.
Corrected numerous unit description and unit info issues.
Corrected titles for Amazon Named Characters.
Corrected Libyan Amazon Peasant skin
Corrected Militia cavalry faces.
Corrected numerous Amazon Unit Cards.
Corrected Battle Event Subtitles, references to men are now gender neutral.
added new Latin and military quotes, as well as new translations.
added quest announcement using advice message.
added new Libyan Assassin animation and skin.
Emergency fix for a CTD caused by any faction fighting against Libyan Amazon Horde during loading the battle.
New Steppe Axe Cavalry added for the Sarmatians and the Scythians.
New Steppe Axemen units added for the Sarmatians and the Scythians.
1. Added Amazon Agent's ability to recruit/raise own faction's army in certain enemy territories where there are Amazon communities.
2. new caro-ballistae crew animation and skin
3. new Sarmatian Virgin Cavalry animation and skin
4. corrected Sarmatian "cataphract" armor for caro-ballistae, scale armors are actually made of tile sliced from horse/ox hoofs which was attached to the fowler netting, not linked metal plates.
5. re-adjusted Amazon unit size. This is trying to deploy the decimal system for most unit size configurations. The recommended unit size is the highest setting.
6. removed load screen files to free up more memory, because there about 60 new event monitors running in the script, reducing the load screen files compensates for the memory loss.
7. fixed the minor prize re-entrant issue.
8. Libyan CTD reported by Satapatiš
9. New Armenic Peltast Animation and skin
10. New Geothe Foot Archer unit size.
11. New Thyssagetae Amazon Lesser General Animation
12. Trimmed the download file size by 15%
Corrected 6.0j Beta bugs
1. missing Amazon Militia Horse Archer Unit Info file.
2. Amazon Militia archers are too under-powered.
3. Incorrect Caro Ballistae crew skin for Sarmatian
4. Corrected Thyssa Heavy Lancer which used incorrect animation of a demi-lancer.
5. New skin for Libyan Militia Demi-lancer with corrected animation
6. The 6.0J release also corrected Libyan CTD when viewing of the settlement in battlemap.
6.0j Pre-Beta Features
- added minor bonus if certain important cities are captured.
- New BUM transformed light units mainly for the Scythians.
.New Scythian Head Hunting Maiden unit, now taking the form of semi-armored horse archer unit mounted on fast horse.
.New Scythian Horde units
.New Scythian Virgin Archers
.New Sarmatian Virgin Cavalry Skin
- brand new Amazon Militia Archers
- brand new Amazon Militia Horse Archers animation and skins
- new Amazon Longbow Archers,
- new Amazon Companion Horse Archers animation and skins.
- The number of warriors in advanced tech units have been reduced.
- New animation for Libyan Heavy Cavalry
- All male light horse units are now mounting medium horses instead.
- thoroughbred horse as tradable commodity, and units with race horse can only be raised in the regions where the thoroughbred horses are available. The exception being if the region has circus maximus or higher equestrian sports facility.
- 6.0j also tries to refine the previous BUM concept detail regarding attire.
The change is, female light units does not mean it has to be without clothing. It is true for mounted light horse units because any extra weight would increase the load, and for the light horse mount, it is of paramount consideration to keep the weight to a minimum. But the foot units do not have to have the same weight restriction. So for the Scythian changes, some of non-combat oriented light foot units have animal pelt as their attires. There will be no uniform because according to the BUM principles, the cost would be prohibitive. So in a way this is a logical extension to the Thracian Peltast unit change, in which instead of wearing fabricated garment as in the original RTW, it has animal pelt as the attire. With the animal pelt as the unit attire, the cost is justified, otherwise it is not. Still, for CQC light units equipped with shields, many of the units will have naked upper torso and limbs, because this is the only way to guarantee free movement during combat and field maneuver.
Changes and specification in 6.0i
New Amazon Pathfinder units for Geothe and Amazonia.
New Amazonia Patrician Horse Archer skin.
This completes the storyline for the Amazon units for 6.0 series, as we complete the BUM changes for other factions (German and Celts, for example), the objectives for 6.0 releases would be met.
6.0i with patch also repair the CTD reported by "Professor Chaos67"
The download sequence is the same as normal mod release, no special steps required.
6.0i patch 2 has
-new Amazon Horse Archer for Corinth (Greek Cities),
-new text for 6.0i units,
-and expanded Amazon characters roster which doubles the names library.
6.0i patch 3 has
-revamped Amazon Xiphos Cohort skins for all factions that can recruit Xiphos Cohort.
-new Pathfinder animatiion to correct secondary weapon problem.
-Re-adjusted Limigantes Archer attributes
-Female icons for agents, finally.
-Horse as tradable commodity
-Re-hashed Amazon Character Gallery with added pictures
Changes and specification in 6.0h
The main focus on the "H" release is trying to get Parthia to conform to the Balanced Unit Modeling (or B.U.M) principles.
New Parthian Horse Archer skins, and no more Persian rider for Parthian cavalry.
and there are many new parthian unit skins.
Other new units:
Libyan Amazon Foot Archers
Greek City States Armored Amazon Horse Archer Mercenary
Correction and Alterations:
Geothe Xiphos Cohort now uses thermite fire jar instead of leadened darts (plumbata) for missiles.
Greek Rebel units had Macedonian officer, it is now corrected.
Libyan Amazon had standard bearer wearing bronze armor although almost all libyan Amazon units are iron-armored.
number of missile reloads have been re-evaluated.
new Darth Mod fix parameters refined to be even better.
The old Libyan Amazon Archers are renamed Amazon Barber Archers.
Changes and specification in 6.0e-6.0g
- Emergency patch to repair Seleucid Cataphract Missing officer skin file CTD.
- Emergency patch to repair Parthian Cataphract Missing officer skin file CTD, as reported by Resef.
- added load screen from RSII battlefield landscape.
- corrected Parthian armor issues to use more bronze than iron.
- Emergency patch to repair Macedonian Peasant missing file CTD.
- fixes for errors reported by Mark Centurion
- added standard bearer for Barbarian.
- added officers for all units except horde, merc, and rebels.
- re-skinned Armenic light horse archer
- more improved Darth Vader Foot Missile Bug parameters. AI is much more aggressive on the battlefield now.
Changes and specification in 6.0d
- Renamed titles and units to be more consistent with the storyline and their functionality.
for example, the head of Geothe Amazon is now Priestess Marshal, as the Geothe is an Artemis/Camilla Sect Theocracy.
The Gladiatus Cohort is now renamed, Xiphos Plumbatarii to indicated that they use the Xiphos style sword with shield, and they throw leadened darts using pole sling.
- New Armenian Units
~ Armenic Guard Immortal
~ Armenic Halberdier
~ Armenic Amazon Elite Horse Archer
~ Armenic Amazon Xiphos Legion
~ armored conscripted spearmen with pole sling throwing stones
~ Armenic Heavy Cavalry with pole-sling throwing leadened darts
~ Armenic Light Lancer
~ re-skinned Armenic Legion
~ re-skinned Armenic Archer
~ re-skinned Armenic Noble Maiden
~ Armenic Standard Bearer
~ new Armenic officer and general
~ new Armenic officer and general on strat map
- Until the first quest is completed, Armenian faction units mostly have the following characteristcs:
a. Their units are the best equipped, and almost exclusively all iron armored
b. They are awfully expensive, both in recruitment and upkeep.
c. They have the best equestrian mounts of any factions.
- New Armenian faction color, flag, and standard bearer, based on Armenian Artaxiad Dynasty flag
- Fine tuned Armenian Quests again to be more playable and interesting.
- Corrected the Amazon sword women animation issues.
- Re-factored offense points for Amazon and Armenic units using mini-leadened-bolts (plumbata)
- Re-animated Amazon Heavy Manu-Ballistae Cavalry units for all Amazon factions, switched from sword to spear/lance
- Amazon General Units adjustment on offense point and unit strength.
- New Armenian General Units and strat animations.
- Celt is now playable but not recommended if you intended to play a faction to achieve world domination.
- Roman remains Purple as Spartan198 suggested
- re-skinned Amazon Libyan units to be more Eurasian than African.
- New Amazon Cavalry of the Line Animation and skins.
- New Geothe Amazon Lanciarii Animation and skins.
- New light unit skins for most amazon archers, militia axes, militia cavalry.
- use the newly tested result from Darth Vader Foot Missile Bug parameters to enhance the AI's battlefield tactics.
- corrected mercenary units missing skins errors.
- new adjusted skins to make the Amazon unit more photo-like.
- new Amazon unit .cas files
- new sprite files as well as more sprite changes for existing files. This is by no means a completed task, but I am glad we finally have test methodology in place.
- Changes to give peasant and light units more ragged look, in keeping with the Balanced Unit Modeling principle (aka Parthian Shot's 6 Laws).
- Because the above changes in light units will make unit identification more difficult (Amazon TW has the banner turned off to make the battle more realistic), each peasant unit as well as light unit is given a standard bearer for easier unit identification on the battlefield.
- Add happiness points for Amazon cult temple even if some non-Amazon factions own the territory.
Changes in 6.0C
- emergency fix for Armenian Amazon Units
- adjusted Armenian Quests, so Sarmatian won't get the bonus Armenian supposed to get.
- wild animal icon by the shore of Sidon has been relocated to the beach.
- expanding unit info
- more RSII based load screens
- more text added.
- adjusted RSII battlefield map
- new stronger Armenian starting position
- new Armenian Armored Cavalry
- Amazonia General Unit adjustment
- corrected Armenian Temple Tree
- corrected EDU to allow Armenian to recruit Geothe Noble Maiden
- Enabled Testudo for Amazon Gladiatus Cohorts
New Features for 6.0B are
- RSII Battlefield map, combined with many 512x512 skins, the mod looks like a MTW2 project instead of RTW/BI project.
- New Armenian Armored Amazon Gladiatus Legion Cohort.
- New Amazon Gladiatus Cohort for Amazon Factions.
- New Amazon Foot Companion, Amazon Round Shield Cavalry skins.
- New Amazon Chariot cards, skin, according to the BUM principle.
- New Amazon General Units skin.
- New unit defense parameter for Foot Companion, Round Shield Cavalry.
- new Amazonia game start configuration.
- new Amazonia quest configuration
- Armenia Quests and Armenian Amazon units.
- new weapon type called the "pole-sling" has been added.
- New Incendiary Amazon Trireme and Bireme naval units available for factions who have fulfilled their quests.
bug fix and changes in Release 6.00A:
- New Thyssagetae force distribution and units for the start of the campaign.
- New Amazon General Units for Thyssa Amazon and Amazonia.
- New Thyssa Amazon Quests.
- New Balanced Load screens.
- New Amazon Ballista Cavalry and infantry units.
- New Amazon Balista Elephant Animation by Andrey.
- New Amazon Round Shield Cavalry.
- New Amazon Standard Bearer skins.
- Newly expanded Amazon agents and general picture repository.
- Revised capability for Roman and Greek ballista and scorpion units.
- New Amazon Border Horse Archer skins
- New Amazon Heavy Peltast units
- New Amazon Halberd cas files created by Andrey with skin mods by me to make them look like speared labrys.