Thread: Caribbean 17th and 18th century

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Default Caribbean 17th and 18th century

Dont know if I should post it here but its my best shot.
    I have a map of the Caribbean and I wanna know for the mod im basing on this period in which provinces i should divide them and which towns/cities need to go there.
    Can anyone help me with this? This is the map, if somebody who knows something about this please contact me. thank you!

Count of Montesano's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Caribbean 17th and 18th century

Wow, I used to really be into swashbuckler history in high school but I've forgotten quite a bit. I would recommend looking at other games like Sid Meiers Pirates!, Port Royale, and the upcoming Age of Pirates for inspiration. If Im not mistaken, Pirates! has a great map from that age.

I'm interested how you intend to do the mod. While you had some pirates like Henry Morgan leading hundreds of troops, for the most part pirates took part in small actions. That being said, there was actually full warfare in the early 1600s between Spain and France over Florida, with Spain sending several hundred soldiers to wipe out a French colony.

If I were you I would include the 'free slave' colony of St-Dominique(Haiti) and the Jamaican Marrons. Both ex-slave, but I am not sure of much more than this.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks for the suggestions, but I think im gonna need a historian who knows a great deal about this.
    Pirates! isnt that accurate, there arent any Portugese cities in the game, probably got merged with the Spanish ones.

Historians Wanted!