Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: progress status

Default progress status

-we have made our map and our code running together with stability in the main campaign and we are implementing the custom battles

-the units are about 85% done (or more) and many are coded in the game

-a considerable coding work is finished, the only really difficult to be done is the design of the complicated recruitement system

-there is also finished a big amount of 2d work

-whats not done (in case somebody wishes to help) is the unit icons and info cards which we havent started yet

*its a very good progress if we consider that the map is unique and was done from zero, and the code is perfect and the culture groups and religions and other aspects are totally reworked and new group and "religion" added and basically the there is no bug at that point of development
    Last edited by spirit_of_rob; April 28, 2006 at 12:46 PM.
    ...but innocence was lost long ago

Default Re: progress status

How about buildings tree for non recruiment buildings, such as temples, roads etc. Have you done that yet?
    Last edited by Koinon; April 28, 2006 at 12:59 PM.

Proud supporter of Hegemonia City states

shadowarmy75's Avatar Biarchus

I've been pushing for a progress meter for a long time.

Well its not really a progress meter, its more of an update.

It looks like we may finally have a greek mod that will be fab!
    [Massive Sig Here]

so summer release?

sounds like a distinct possibility.. unless some thing drasticaly goes wrong! But I doubt if they will give you an excat date..
    [Massive Sig Here]

yes thats a short update of where we are atm, so that people dont worry..in the following weeks i believe the progress will be boosted further

that thread is not here to imply when release will be possible (for that see the FAQs )...but the encouraging is that we have made too much work to drop the project and the enthousiam is still here

IF you want realistic city-state citizen recruitment then recruitment cost and turns to recruit should be both 0 (zero), as this allows a leader to call-up a army in one turn and as every soldier has to provide his own equipement, no inital cost should be required .. just ongoing costs.

Professional soldiers will require inital and ongoing costs, as well as training time.
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Decanus

I think we have decide not to do 0 turn. The computer then just creates small armies and you end up fighting more of a small battle than an important battle.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    - Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii
    IF you want realistic city-state citizen recruitment then recruitment cost and turns to recruit should be both 0 (zero), as this allows a leader to call-up a army in one turn and as every soldier has to provide his own equipement, no inital cost should be required .. just ongoing costs.

Professional soldiers will require inital and ongoing costs, as well as training time.
    That would make it hell to deal with a more powerfull richer faction. Even if you take their biggest city, they could call up ten thousand men in no time and burry you with only a dent in their treasurey.

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

NIce

Quote Originally Posted by Avgvstvs Octavian
    That would make it hell to deal with a more powerfull richer faction. Even if you take their biggest city, they could call up ten thousand men in no time and burry you with only a dent in their treasurey.
    in reality if your attacked a large city then most of the population would defend it. Citizen soldiers would have their own equipemnt and even the city would have a armoury to equip others/defenders. But remember these citizen soldiers are only militia. Roman triarii might be very experienced soldiers but they're still only militia.

Where RTW falls down is that they don't divide populations between Haves and Have-nots. A large city with a large population might only have a small percentage eligable for military duty. (like Rome under the republic) It's a risky thing giving weapons to the rabble .. can you trust them?

As to trying to make the RTW system as historically accurate as possible but still work, you make recruitment costs and turns 0 for miltia, but have high upkeep costs
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

lads dont go off topic plz, i opened that thread for people who are curious or anxous about where is the mods progress

i ll be updating it ever now and a while...plz discuss relevant issue and move recruitement related discussion elsewhere...thanks for the understanding

Progress sounds excellent guys! Just keep up the good work and god speed!
    "Ahh... there you are"

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

summer of this year ??
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

will there be a open / closed beta the next weeks i may get in?

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz
    summer of this year ??
    It will be out before Medi II with enough time for you to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandrian
    will there be a open / closed beta the next weeks i may get in?
    If/When we require testers im sure we will place adverts here aswell as on our other forums
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

guys what your progress on the phanlanx formation? have you got a version you are happy with or is it still WIP

Lupus_gr's Avatar Foederatus

It will be out before Medi II with enough time for you to enjoy it.
    Hopefully...

guys what your progress on the phanlanx formation? have you got a version you are happy with or is it still WIP
    From my part & "any" updated data I have... it still W.I.P. I'm guessing that the coders trying hard to figure out how to create the best phalanx animation...
    "Ayet', oh Spartan euandro
    koroi pateron poliatan
    laia men itin provalesthe,
    dori d' eutolmos anhesthe,
    mi phidomenoi tas zoas.
    Ouh gar patrion ta Sparta!"

Which means:

"Forward, men of Sparta
    sons of fathers citizens
    pop out the shield (with the left arm)
    raise up the spear (with the right arm)
    with no fear for your lives.
    Because this is NOT suitable to Sparta!"

- The Lacedaimonian War Tune -

Come on! No progress since may? Give us something encouraging, otherwise I will be forced to open a "When it will be out?" thread.
    Or maybe I should ask it at "Stupid and minor questions"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast