Thread: HELP

Default HELP

Alright I am playing the lands to conquer mod 4.1 if I remember as the British. However, my reputation is continually going down, I don't know what I am doing wrong. Does anyone know how the creator changed the reputation system? I always end up as deceitful. And I am not executing prisoners or exterminating/sacking cities

Default Re: HELP

I assume that you already play Easy difficulty in campaign...

If you don't want to check on the file yourself (descr_faction_standing.txt in the data folder) you should possibly ask in the forum. (I'm only afraid it is a bit deserted, so no high hopes here )
    Alternatively you could ask Lusted, who definitely is still active in the forums...

i think that there could be a slight bug in the programming where attacking rebels causes you to be seen as a monster by other factions. has the creator of the mod done anything to the rebel factions on the mod?
    "Whatever you do, make certain your hands are clean" - Lord Petyr Baelish

"Falsehood and delusion are allowed in no case whatever: but, as in the exercise of all the virtues, there is an economy of truth. It is a sort of temperance, by which a man speaks truth with measure that he may speak it the longer." - Robert Armstrong

Old Geezer's Avatar Senator

I don't think that the mod changed the rep aspect. IIRC, if you attack or sack a fellow religion enemy settlement (or exterminate) one, you will take a rep hit. If you break an alliance you will suffer. I think maybe if you disobey the pope it may affect rep negatively. As far as I can see you just have to be very friendly and only attack on crusades or jihads unless you are attacked. You can easily be despicable and yet have perfect relations with the pope. If you are despicable, other factions will be less trusting of you and it is not as easy to buy settlements unless you pay in a single payment. I do not think that using spies or assassins affects your rep; nor does recruiting priest or immans help it. I think having and keeping alliances for a long time helps. Maybe having good relations with everyone affects the rep positively. If you strive to keep a good rep, be sure of one thing, you are in for along campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
    I do not think that using spies or assassins affects your rep
    I've found that using spies and assassins do affect your rep, even more so if they get caught
    "Whatever you do, make certain your hands are clean" - Lord Petyr Baelish

"Falsehood and delusion are allowed in no case whatever: but, as in the exercise of all the virtues, there is an economy of truth. It is a sort of temperance, by which a man speaks truth with measure that he may speak it the longer." - Robert Armstrong

No I only play on very hard very hard. Why would you assume I play only easy? And I found out the problem so nvm.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

What was the problem?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.