Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Full Lannister Reskin!

Default Re: [Submod] Full Lannister Reskin!

Good stuff, render me impressed, first try and all

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Many thanks, much better game with this reskin than imagining England as Lannisters

Cazac's Avatar Tiro

Did you also revamp the battle map portraits (not sure if this is the correct term - unit rosters maybe)? From these previews the portraits appear as they were for England in Med2.

Also amazing work, especially for a first attempt, you should really join the team, maybe pick up a trick or two, guess it's a faster way of learning and maybe a faster 1.0 on the way for the rest of us blokes who don't have the skills to skin and revamp factions

Quote Originally Posted by Cazac View Post
    Did you also revamp the battle map portraits (not sure if this is the correct term - unit rosters maybe)? From these previews the portraits appear as they were for England in Med2.

Also amazing work, especially for a first attempt, you should really join the team, maybe pick up a trick or two, guess it's a faster way of learning and maybe a faster 1.0 on the way for the rest of us blokes who don't have the skills to skin and revamp factions
    I did not do the unit cards because of the lack of time. I may however, do them in a week or two and maybe try skinning another factions. As for joining the team, this is some very basic skinning and it does not compare to what the team is doing right now. my skills are pretty limmited

Absolutely stunning - I can't bring myself to play unskined factions (Except Stannis) so opening up the lannisters is a godsend. Its also really good quality, and has a good variety of houses represented. I especially love the foot knights with the awesome surcoat-over-mail skin you did.

My only concern, and this is a total nitpick is that for the Armoured Spearmen, there are two distinct shield designs (Metal Band and Flat) for House Brax and only one for House Lannister, leading to far more Brax men then Lannisters. Like I said, totally nitpicky.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallister View Post
    Absolutely stunning - I can't bring myself to play unskined factions (Except Stannis) so opening up the lannisters is a godsend. Its also really good quality, and has a good variety of houses represented. I especially love the foot knights with the awesome surcoat-over-mail skin you did.

My only concern, and this is a total nitpick is that for the Armoured Spearmen, there are two distinct shield designs (Metal Band and Flat) for House Brax and only one for House Lannister, leading to far more Brax men then Lannisters. Like I said, totally nitpicky.
    Yes I agree with you on that point.

Deska140's Avatar Tiro

Yeah, reskinning other factions would be priceless, especially that the release of version 1.01 will take some time. The Lannister one was excellent and it helped me a lot to feel the atmosphere

So if one day you'll have some free time(which is always hard to get) you can be sure for our gratitude

is there any possibility for you reskinning several factions? ;p just loving what you've done with the lannisters(i just dont love the lannisters ;p)

reskin renly and stannis i think that they skin are poor

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Great work! I especially love the archers

I would reskin other factions had I the time to do so. Unfortunately, I've been really busy for the past couple of months. Prophet1331 has done some neat reskinning for almost all factions, so you might want to give that one a try

any link to those works done by Prophet?

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

I'll be really blunt here: why do you forget that the Westerosi armies are feudal? They wouldn't all have the sigil of the great lord, but rather the sigil of their immediate senior. So there'd be a dizzying variety of colors and sigils.

Remember, the great lord is essentially a poweful subject king, not the equivalent of a duke/baron.

Prophet1331's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    I'll be really blunt here: why do you forget that the Westerosi armies are feudal? They wouldn't all have the sigil of the great lord, but rather the sigil of their immediate senior. So there'd be a dizzying variety of colors and sigils.

Remember, the great lord is essentially a poweful subject king, not the equivalent of a duke/baron.

I can do that if you find a way in which to match the coats the units wear with the shields they use. Also I don't know if you saw the texture files that the units use. They are limited to up to 6 versions (less than the variety of the shields) The mod team managed to fix the issue of matching the coats with the shields, but I for one don't know how to do it.

So you're left with either having the skins like ariobarzanes1388 made them (lannister coats and different shields) or lets say Lannister, Brax, Crakehall, Serret, Westerling and Lefford coats using a variety of shields and you get weird units like (men dressed in the colors of House Lannister using Crakehall shields).

Or you could try and add a lot of new units in the game (Lannister swordsmen, Brax swordsmen etc) and give every units it's individual skin. But that's allot of work and you'll end up with 3 different units (spearmen, swordmen, archers) for every house (or at the very least for every house that owns a settlement that is featured in the game) for every faction.
    Some battles are won with swords and spears, others with quills and ravens. Tywin Lannister

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Sucks that the game doesn't allow for such completely logical things as matching colors.

Well, barring that - if anyone plans on doing remodelling some units, I'd suggest adding regular round shields, shorter heater shields and hand pavise shields as well as a kettle hat here or there for the various spearmen units. That is, if it's possible to have different shield models in one unit. IIRC EB II did something like that with some units, giving them various shields. But I am no med2 modder so I wouldn't know.
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; April 03, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

Bear in mind that this is a simple reskin designed to make alpha battles more tolerable; I did it in a period of two days and it was nothing ambitious. Also, since I did not want to spend time creating new models for the Lannies, I had to stick to the vanilla model which is very limited and simplistic. There are six coats in each .texture file which are used for at least two units and their upgraded armors so there is really not that much room for diversity.

Could anybody re-upload this please? Sorry for the bump!

Quote Originally Posted by StannisBaratheon View Post
    Could anybody re-upload this please? Sorry for the bump!
    seconded!!! mediafire no longer has the mod!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moralf View Post
    seconded!!! mediafire no longer has the mod!!!
    Third that statement! Mediafire doesn't have it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast