Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Cannons - DISCONTINUED

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Icon4 Mobile Cannons - DISCONTINUED

MOD DISCONTINUED

Self-explanatory.

Now the nanbans sells taihos with four-wheeled naval carriage!

It's Pushable!

They really moves, not just using naval cannon models. I know, i also think they look too napoleonic, but hey, its better than a culverin atop bales of rice somehow moving... or a 19th century bronze napoleonic 12pdr cannon operated by ashigarus...

ISSUES

• The crew can't drop engines and retreat. If they're routed, they'd rout pushing the heavy cannons. hoo, they loved their precious taihos more than their lives...
    • There's a inexplicable behavior when the guns were repositioned. the crew strangely position back the cannons in their previous positions before they open fire again.[SOLVED]reverting the animations into normal shogun_fixed_cannon animation works. It seems that the crew were returning to limber horses that doesn't exist. Strangely, shogun_fixed_cannon animation could move the cannons. Weird. But it leads into...
    • Another problem. The crew loads the muzzle-loader from its breach... and fires before the crew lit the fuse under the barrel or covering their ears. Disturbing. Ideally, it could use naval_cannon animation, but the animation wouldn't let the cannon move...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Still need more tweaking and testing. Still trying to figure out how to edit animations. Is there some ability related tables i haven't found? how to assign drop_engine for artillery_foot? I'd be more than happy if somebody could help fix the problems.

v.0.2
    added blast and shrapnel damage, changed the gun type into artillery_siege for slower movement, changed ammo into 15, tweaked fatigue a little.
    v.02a
    added some abilities, reverting animations into shogun_fixed_cannon, adding some girth to the cannons.
    v.03
    nothing, really; just making a new gun rather replacing guns in gun_types
    v.04a
    some tweaks with the projectile
    v.04b
    added explosive bolt and scattershot
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; July 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM.

Default Re: Mobile Cannons

WHOA

How the heck did you do this?

Can this be done for mangonels as well?
    Last edited by Charsi; November 18, 2011 at 02:40 PM.

Can you also make the cannons a little more accurate when shooting at enemies? You know something like the field guns in American civil war.

Indefinitely Banned

Sorry my first post get unwittingly deleted for some time
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; November 23, 2011 at 01:40 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

By changing the class from artillery_fixed into artillery_foot,
    changing the gun type into artillery_siege, which could move.

Perhaps.
    That depends on whether shogun_mangonel animation would enables it to move or not; I havent tried it. Curiously, the shogun_fixed_cannon animation could move the guns, despite its name.

I must state that seeing ashigarus pushing mangonels without wheels around the battlefield isnt pretty.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; November 23, 2011 at 07:57 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

It is possible,
    However i reckon they were accurate enough for 16th century cannons.
    The problem is, i just found out that, perplexingly, 16th century japanese infantryman could wake up just fine after getting their face whacked by what essentially 12lb metallic bowling balls.

but if you insists... try using the new ability i added in v.0.2a, combined with generals' inspire.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; November 23, 2011 at 07:25 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

left something in abilities table, now fixed
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; November 24, 2011 at 05:22 AM.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Great idea but I think that cannon looks about 200 years too early. The carriage you have is made out of wood and would have been used on ships, not siege warfare. You want the early 16th century double-plate carriage. Put it this way, it's not practical how Shogun 2 uses cannons.

I really hate how Shogun 2 demonstrates siege weapons. It would make a lot more sense to have way bigger cannons mounted on carriages being pulled boy Oxen or horses. Being stationary like that is just retarded. Dropping siege equipment and not being able to go back and use it again is even more stupid. Wish someone would at least fix that.

Now this is a siege cannon.

In the 1620s Gustavus Adolphus realized the need for lighter weapons with tactical battlefield mobility. His leather-bound, regimental guns were the first to fire fixed ammunition with wooden cases.
    True field artillery appeared in the final decade of the 15th century when the French mounted light cast bronze cannon on two-wheeled carriages pulled by horses. The introduction of the trunnion at this time increased the ability to mount and aim these guns with greater accuracy.

Read more: http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/gabrmetz/gabr001a.htm
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; November 24, 2011 at 02:59 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Sadly I Realized them from the very beginning.

From Modding perspective, The only acceptable wheeled carriage cannon model i could use that already exists in S2TW were the four wheeled truck naval carriages used for nanban ships. The other wheeled carriage cannon models available were ex-NTW remnants, Napoleonic two-wheeled field cannon carriages. Using them will result in an epic anachronism.

From Historical Presentation Perspective, the most historically accurate mounting of course would be the Japanese fixed siege cannon trunk atop bales, which is used in the game. Which does not have any wheels. If my memory serves me right, Tokugawa Ieyasu fielded 10 european cannons in The 1615 Siege of Osaka; consisted of culverins and sakers bought from English and Dutch merchants. What kind of wheeled carriage the besiegers used to transport the cannons, i have no clue.
    As for naval guns, CA don't give a damn. The cannon bune in the game were armed using 6pdr muzzle-loaders atop four wheeled truck naval carriages; incredibly inaccurate. The Mekurabune deployed during The 1614 Siege of Osaka were armed by furanki breech loader verso swivel guns. I don't know what kind of naval carriage the Portuguese used, but Spanish Ships in The 1588 Armada uses two-wheeled naval gun carriages.

From Gameplay perspective, I'm absolutely agree with your statement
    I really hate how Shogun 2 demonstrates siege weapons. It would make a lot more sense to have way bigger cannons mounted on carriages being pulled boy Oxen or horses. Being stationary like that is just retarded. Dropping siege equipment and not being able to go back and use it again is even more stupid. Wish someone would at least fix that.
    except for the drop_engine part. All artillery_fixed crew could re crew their dropped engines.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to edit animations so the animations matches the new cannon; and figuring out how to make the artillery_foot be able to drop and pick up engines. About applying limber horses I'm not sure if its even possible. for now.
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; November 24, 2011 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Sadly I Realized them from the very beginning.

From Modding perspective, The only acceptable wheeled carriage cannon model i could use that already exists in S2TW were the four wheeled truck naval carriages used for nanban ships. The other wheeled carriage cannon models available were ex-NTW remnants, Napoleonic two-wheeled field cannon carriages. Using them will result in an epic anachronism.

From Historical Presentation Perspective, the most historically accurate mounting of course would be the Japanese fixed siege cannon trunk atop bales, which is used in the game. Which does not have any wheels. If my memory serves me right, Tokugawa Ieyasu fielded 10 european cannons in The 1615 Siege of Osaka; consisted of culverins and sakers bought from English and Dutch merchants. What kind of wheeled carriage the besiegers used to transport the cannons, i have no clue.
    As for naval guns, CA don't give a damn. The cannon bune in the game were armed using 6pdr muzzle-loaders atop four wheeled truck naval carriages; incredibly inaccurate. The Mekurabune deployed during The 1614 Siege of Osaka were armed by furanki breech loader verso swivel guns. I don't know what kind of naval carriage the Portuguese used, but Spanish Ships in The 1588 Armada uses two-wheeled naval gun carriages.

From Gameplay perspective, I'm absolutely agree with your statement
    except for the drop_engine part. All artillery_fixed crew could re crew their dropped engines.

Currently, I'm trying to figure out how to edit animations so the animations matches the new cannon; and figuring out how to make the artillery_foot be able to drop and pick up engines. About applying limber horses I'm not sure if its even possible. for now.
    A screen from this year's Taiga drama, Gō: Hime-tachi no Sengoku:

This is from the scene when Tokugawa Ieyasu ordered to fire upon the Osaka castle.

However, bearing in mind that equipments used in Taiga dramas are not always historically accurate.

And here's another movie/tv screenshot of the Siege of Osaka, as you can see, this one has no wheels.

But to think logically and logistically, the cannons must have been transported to the battlefield on some kind of wheels, even if they are not fired on those wheels.
    Last edited by iqwerty; November 27, 2011 at 10:07 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

At March next year, this would be pretty much irrelevant...
    Well, at least i might could bring something back to the Sengoku era...
    Of Course, this expansion pack will open lots and lots of modding potential, I should say.

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Sexy. Can you make them more older?
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

Does the AI buy these as well or just players?

batufb94's Avatar Civis

very good

Is this save game compatable? I've added it to my data file but can't seem to be able to purchase them..You should be able to purchase them where ever you can buy the foreign merc musketters right?

batufb94's Avatar Civis

May be gatling gun added

Indefinitely Banned

Could i make them older? ShimazuClan, you know all we could mod are just textures.

I didnt make a new unit. This is your old european cannon, modified.

Long before i made this mod, i've encountered catholic clans fielding cannons, so AI would buy cannons, yeah.

What buildings do you need to get these units, not able to recruit them...

So I got to the end of a game and controlled all of Japan, but still cant recruit them.. Are they under someone else unit card on the recruiting menu and Im just not seeing it ,or are their specific buildings that Im just missing? Does it have to be a Christian provence?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast