Thread: Two handers?

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Default Two handers?

In the vanilla game, there was a two-hander bug. This mod is absolutely fantastic, wonderful job on it, and I'm wondering if the two-hander bug was fixed?

In case you don't know what I mean, with the two-hander (ZW) weapons in vanilla, the animation was set so slow that attacks were always being interrupted and units being put into "stagger" animations. Which led to their deaths. I'm curious if that was fixed here?
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Default Re: Two handers?

TLK is based on Kingdoms, which either solved or reduced the problem. However, I think I remember people discussing overly fancy finishing moves in this mod that took a long time and were prone to interruption. Or maybe it was in the BC forum. Still, when swarmed by enemies, attacks should be suffering due to hits. It's just a question of how much.

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Two handers?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    TLK is based on Kingdoms, which either solved or reduced the problem. However, I think I remember people discussing overly fancy finishing moves in this mod that took a long time and were prone to interruption. Or maybe it was in the BC forum. Still, when swarmed by enemies, attacks should be suffering due to hits. It's just a question of how much.

In Stainless Steel and Third Age, those guys got rid of the bug my making a ZH swing almost just as fast as a broadsword or axe. Which kind of makes sense, really. Claymores and Bearded Axes were a lot faster than most take them to be.

As for the fancy finishers, those aren't really an issue. All units are temporarily invulnerable when they do their finishers.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. Now that I got this mod to work, it's instantly on my top list. It's simply fantastic.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."