Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unpacking Files Step-By-Step

Default Re: Unpacking Files Step-By-Step

Thank you so much Publius. I am on Vista and forgot that I need permission when moving files about. When I tried to extract before moving the ui_1.pak file, it wouldn't work, when I moved it to the folder that you said, it worked fine. Just what I was looking for.

Skull's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey,it seems that i cant unpadk UI 1...it gets to "finished unpacking ui 0"...and then nothing...
    A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

What do you mean "then nothing"? What are you expecting that it isn't doing? The UI_1.pak will unpack to the same location as UI_0.pak.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Can someone fix the link in the 1st post?
    I do not know which tool (in the RTW section) is this one.
    I need to unpack my RTW to extract buildings UI icons.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Thank you my friend!
    The buildings images of RTW are far better than M2TW ones.
    We inteand to modify many of them inorder to provide to the players a very good result.
    Thank you again,
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Artifex

Glad that I can help

You should make more like this its great! Plus Rep+
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Hey guys i exratced all the folders can anyone tell me where you find the symbols i want to do some new ones thanks new to the modding side so trying to find my way around.

Biarchus

Anyone know if it is possible to take the unpacked ui_1.pak, and pack it back to a pak file again? And how i would go about that?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Last time I'm using File Parcer as it makes repacking easier.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Does anyone has a working link for the unpacker...???
    I want to unpack UI building cards.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Does anyone has a working link for the unpacker...???
    I want to unpack UI building cards.
    Doesn't this work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raritу View Post
    Just redownloaded it, works fine for me. If you have problems, I've uploaded it to mediafire.

Not sure if I'm allowed to reupload this to another mirror though. If I'm not, please tell.

I had an 400 "not found" error ...But now it works .
    Thank you anyway Rarity ..Thank you very much.

Does this allow me to see the portraits for each culture?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Have just notice some pack files in Rome Total War - Anthology and I only bought it since I didn't have Rome Total War - Alexander. Anyway, below are they listed which can be found in the <path>\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\data\packs folder.

battle_open.pak
    game_init.pak
    models_building_textures.pak
    models_unit_textures.pak
    patch_0.pak
    sprites_0.pak
    sprites_1.pak
    ui_0.pak
    ui_1.pak

My question is... Does this 'Unpacking Files Step-By-Step' tutorial also applies to the pack files that exists in Rome Total War - Anthology?

The reason I ask is that I can start RomeTW or Barbarian Invasion without having the disc inserted in a media device, so it seems to me that CA have made the Steam version of Rome Total War - Gold Edition playable without running Steam.

Please note that I don't have RomeTW Steam version nor do I have any earlier Total War games for Steam either. I only have Steam version of Empire TW, Napoleon TW, Shogun 2 TW and Rome 2 TW.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I don't know if this is something global or if it's just my rig being quirky, but the images (after the first one) in the original post don't show up, which basically renders the tutorial useless since it relies on the images to show what "these files" are in several instances.

I am new to the forum, but yes I am having the same issue right now. It would be great if somone could either reupload images or make a txt based set of instructions

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

None of the JPG links are showing the images needed to understand the instruction. Can someone please tell me which files are referred to in steps seven and eight?
    Last edited by G-Megas-Doux; January 14, 2015 at 06:06 PM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast