This is a brief review of the NTW3 game which I think is a huge leap forward from NTW.
Here are some of the games Highlights:
1. Many more countries (both large and small to play in battle or campaign).
2. The armies have been updated to include many more units for not only the Great Powers but also now including armies for the smaller states that were also involved in the conflicts.
3. The size of the units has increased by 1.5 times and up to 4 times on the Historic Battle Settings.
4. There are 90+ battle maps. Unlike NTW the zones of play are sigificantly increased - a birdseye view not only is important but even a must to follow all the troop movments over the battlefield
5. Besides the historic battles, there are strategy games that make players capture strougpoints and hold them. A whole new kind of strategy.
6. The enemy is always hidden on the battle map and you must scout for his location and position.
7. This mod is version 1 that came out in July. There will be a new Version 2 which should be coming out very shortly (possibly within a month) that offers additional upgrades in unit size, accuracy of unit detail and an enhanced SP format for that allows for competitive play for one or an area of practice for the PM competitor.
8. Historic battle scenerios (such as Marengo, Eylau and many other famous conflicts are brought to the screen not like NTW where it is just Napoleon but now the battles of his generals and field marshals. Each battle has you controlling up to 80 units and thousands of troops.
8. A way to easily jump between the mod and NTW by the push of a button.
9. A campaign game that offers all new features including the play of smaller Europeon States as allies in various scenerios including the NTW options but in a more vivid and complex setting.
I will stop here as I think you would now have a fair idea what this mod has to offer. Using your internet browser under NTW3 you will find information on the game from the mod designers that fully spell out the whole new look for the game. Aslo on UT see some of the videos of battles acually played - I think you will be quite impressed.
Finally, this takes you back to a European Battle Format as grand as RTW, MTW and ET did in the past. I believe this game given a little time to be reviewed by fellow gamers will bring back a significant following. Even now clans and other expert players from around the world are including this mod in their competitive play. For the average player and military history buff such as myself, this mod has put the game on a whole new level of interest. Many of my friends have also downloaded the mod after seeing all the enhancements which truly make the original game look like "Vanilla".
Tell your friends and fellow gamesters to check it out.
My name is Kayaker on NTW. I have even started a group " The Pub Club" for those players who enjoy an MP game in an informal setting. Just like having a brew at the local inn. Cheers!