Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Given all these great teasers, it's a good thing there are so many goods games to play right now! Can't wait for your update!

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Vasterion View Post
    I don't suppose you could give the Banner Bearer a Hammer like the White Wolf/Teutogen Guard Hammers - Vorn Thugenheim was the Banner Bearer and member of the Teutogen Guard during the Storm of Chaos.

And for the Daemon Prince, that Mace Head is just silly. It looks like a Childrens Toy in its size. I know Warhammer is Fantasy and what not, but that just really cheapens it.
    Ok will do. Any pics or is it just a standard whitewolf/teutogen guard hammer?

Yes, the mace is too big. That prince is still very much a work in progress and I threw the mace on quickly for the pic. You can see it isn't even in his hand properly.

Flagellant head #2
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I think flagellants look cool. Maybe some could use non flail weapons like in this pic.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

@ Reiksfart - I'd guess it would be a White Wolf/Teutogen Hammer, gripped one handed.

THere's a picture of his model in the Storm of Chaos book, if you've got access to that.

Adding new, re-sizing or creating my own animations are out of the question until I have access to the original unpacked CoW animations. As I understand it, you can't unpack animations, you need the original unpacked animations released by CA. If somehow CoW's animations were unpacked, they would not work when re-packed, so I need the original animation folder. I am being ignored by Yeoman, and since he is the only one with the original CoW animation folder I can't do anything with animations, which makes some of what I had planned impossible to do. I am quite annoyed and will refrain from speaking (typing) my mind right now.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    As I understand it, you can't unpack animations
    You obviously don't know what I am capable of

Just ask and thy will shall be done.

Please do THP. Will they work when re-packed though? I researched this for a while a couple of days ago and one post in particular (an answer to paradamed's question in the animation forum) said you can't re-pack unpacked anims, they will not work. If you can prove that wrong it will solve my problem.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Please do THP.
    Unpacking anims now

one post in particular... said you can't re-pack unpacked anims, they will not work.
    They haven't met me before, have they?

EDIT: Check your pm
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; November 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM.

Empire Outriders. Barded warhorse not shown. When I get my hands on 1.5 I will start adding everything to game. Not really worth my time at the moment.

Just putting thoughts to internet paper;

Say turn 150 after the Storm is over and most of the chaos invasion has been wiped out (or most of the empire has been slaughtered), from the south comes a new invasion force. The Tomb Kings. Scripted so they hit everything south of Nuln, whether their targets be empire, chaos, vampire counts, dwarfs or orcs. Two armies per city south of Nuln. When a city is taken a new Tomb King army is raised outside the gates from all the dead (via script).

Just throwing out potential ideas. The TK mod seems like such a waste right now, not being used for anything other than custom battles. There was talk and ideas earlier this year about what could happen after the Storm, and that's one idea. Definitely doable, until CoW 2.0 anyway, when all the faction slots will be full in the official release. Even then, it might be more fun having that large event in game than having, say Wissenland in game, which could be merged into Reikland and Averland factions.

Or how about A Grom the Paunch # 2 waaaagh, 100+ goblin stacks? Plenty of giant allies, trolls and ogre kingdoms allies/mercs.

Doubt any of this would make my version 1. Hopefully most of the modelling will be done by the time 1.5 is released, so I will then work on coding for a test release. By the way I'd like a few willing beta testers for when I have a playable campaign. I don't want to release anything which isn't stable, and can't fully beta test everything myself.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Giants are fine in my game, which is why I spent the time modelling more variants. Change to infantry from elephant fixed any crash issues, and are now a very balanced and reasonably effective unit with my fantasy battle ruleset applied to them.
    Give me your code for them in EDU and in battle_models.
    I need enable them in the way you did.

Btw I don't see most of screens from the first post.
    Tzeentch giant is nice
    Last edited by Galloper; November 29, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

KainofNosgoth's Avatar Civis

Truly Amazing work Reiksfart!!!
    My Sig was created by Blackomur89(God Rest His Soul)

Just putting thoughts to internet paper;

Say turn 150 after the Storm is over and most of the chaos invasion has been wiped out (or most of the empire has been slaughtered), from the south comes a new invasion force. The Tomb Kings. Scripted so they hit everything south of Nuln, whether their targets be empire, chaos, vampire counts, dwarfs or orcs. Two armies per city south of Nuln. When a city is taken a new Tomb King army is raised outside the gates from all the dead (via script).

Just throwing out potential ideas. The TK mod seems like such a waste right now, not being used for anything other than custom battles. There was talk and ideas earlier this year about what could happen after the Storm, and that's one idea. Definitely doable, until CoW 2.0 anyway, when all the faction slots will be full in the official release. Even then, it might be more fun having that large event in game than having, say Wissenland in game, which could be merged into Reikland and Averland factions.

Or how about A Grom the Paunch # 2 waaaagh, 100+ goblin stacks? Plenty of giant allies, trolls and ogre kingdoms allies/mercs.

Doubt any of this would make my version 1. Hopefully most of the modelling will be done by the time 1.5 is released, so I will then work on coding for a test release. By the way I'd like a few willing beta testers for when I have a playable campaign. I don't want to release anything which isn't stable, and can't fully beta test everything myself.

Thoughts? Ideas?
    The Empire seems already overwhelmed to me. another invasion is redundant

Please do a second invasion! It can be vampire, tomb kings, skaven, or beastman. Tomb kings would be great!!! It should occur in the early 100s turns, very shortly after storm of chaos. When it gets to 150-200 turns, that's when you have a good economy and decent veteran armies. The AI spawn armies can then have good, elite units, so fights will be epic. Why start a new campaign, when more invasions can be scripted?

Also, to get away from the AI pathfinding issues, is it possible to script the AI so that all its armies (they start from different locations and can be staggered) will head for 1 city, the possession of this city would be a necessary victory condition for every faction! The second invasion will direct itself towards that city. There is a script that currently has Orks attacking the Slayer Keep that works great as an example for this.

Add to the above, scripts that spawn random skaven, beastmen, vampire elves, etc. armies that try to take advantage of the second invasion? To deal with the tail problem in the animation for skaven, how about just cut off their tails and leave a little stump?

If the player is chaos, you can have a script about the falling out among the four factions. If the Chaos player hasn't won by say turn 120, the other factions will resurrect and start attacking you back home. That would be great, the player then will be fighting on two fronts on opposite ends of the world.

Reiksfart, if you get a beta campaign up, I will be happy to be a tester. You know, of course, that I play only 1 faction, haha.

W.I.P Giants of Slaanesh.

Professor Mars from the Altdorf University.

Still at least 3 more variant heads to build, plus some variant mutations. There's not a lot of source material for Slaanesh giants, so any ideas and input are welcome.

It don't look silly -,-
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Empire Heir's and Middenland Heir.

Quote Originally Posted by Klierowski View Post
    It don't look silly -,-
    What do you mean by that?