Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - An Expansion for Beginning of the End Times

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign

I don't know. There is a very limited hard coded limit in medieval II which the End Times modders are very close to reaching. So close that I hit the limit before even finishing adding in my chaos roster, so I'm taking out what I consider superfluous units which add nothing but fill up precious hardcoded space, and likely no one would even notice those units were gone. So have to be very choosy with new units, and are they really worth adding in. Some of my work won't be going in for this reason and the halflings I made will be getting the kick, among many others. More altars too, I think a bit pointless adding anymore. Gyrocopters etc probably not either, but I'd leave it to the End Times team anyway. Animation was never something I quite grasped well enough.

All I'm doing now is adding in some of the work I did years ago. No modelling or texturing, I don't want that slowing down the release of the chaos and other models update and then the massive amount of work going into the re-coding.

Completely forgot I made this menu revamp, just found it today : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDRY00qPbxo Play it in 1080p. Will release it with the first model release.

If one of the End Times team reads this, if you send me any of your logo's, preferably in layered photoshop format, I'll add it to the splash screen I will be using for this submod.

oh well you can always pass the models of the haflings to the team ? :O
    i kinda feel the dwarfs empty without the girocopter and so, and i understand that arabian units are not mainly units and are very optional, it's just i have them and i would like to see them in a game in action, just that, but i see your point

Hey, Reik! Good to see you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi Huangdi View Post
    Hey, Reik! Good to see you back.
    Thanks Shi Huangdi. Good to be back and good to see you and Kahvipannu and some others still around. Been waiting for the right time to return and the End Times mod looked like as good of a time as any. Been keeping an eye on it every few months for the past year or so, I tried it and it instantly gave me the drive to finish what I started. Wasn't entirely sure if I could get back into it, but I got the modding bug back.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I remember very well Reik was waiting for 1.6, to release this content with it, like we all were. It never came out, so there was no good release window, it was endless wait. I can totally understand what Reik is saying, and hes frustration/burning out back in the day. IT wa sthe case of "What are the cultures, and factions, and units in new patch, new map was rumorred, am I going to do this with 1.5, and rework everything once 1.6 comes out, or just rationally wait for the patch to come in?

The update just never came out, it has nothing to do with lazyness from anyones part, that is just how things sometimes go. Every single bit of modding a person does, is opposite of lazynes, every bit of it. Now we have 1.6 in open-beta, kicking in high gears, and massive overhaul in sub-mod section, things are way different than they used to be few years back.

EDIT:
    Was related to deleted posts

Thanks lolsuck for the edits and moderation.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; May 30, 2016 at 09:07 AM. Reason: continuity

That menu looks great! The closest thing to an official logo thing we have is my signature here, but if you can make something better, feel free, this one isn't too special.

Great to see your modding flame rekindled!

Quote Originally Posted by Reiksfart View Post
    Thanks Shi Huangdi. Good to be back and good to see you and Kahvipannu and some others still around. Been waiting for the right time to return and the End Times mod looked like as good of a time as any. Been keeping an eye on it every few months for the past year or so, I tried it and it instantly gave me the drive to finish what I started. Wasn't entirely sure if I could get back into it, but I got the modding bug back.
    Glad to hear it. I've been gone for a few years too but Total War Warhammer reminded me how much I loved this mod.

In fact I suspect that CA and Games Workshop got the idea from Call of Warhammer. Thanks Russia.
    Last edited by Shi Huangdi; May 30, 2016 at 01:47 AM.

Warriors of Slaanesh finally done after I left them unfinished before.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Looks like I'll have to start checking this thread every hour again, like I used to

Looks like I'll have to start checking this thread every hour again, like I used to
    Probably a lot longer than an hour, I'm not working on many that were unfinished before I upload the core models than get on with the main work.

Here's another I finished earlier. Slaaneshi Knights

That looks fantastic, fabulous!!!
    Can't wait to see what you will do for the other Chaos factions. :-)
    Will you be perhaps retexturing the current Chaos Giants and beastmen to reflect each Chaos god?

Beautiful! But what happened to all the photos in the original post?

Beautiful! But what happened to all the photos in the original post?
    I am guessing they where on a hosted site and have been deleted since it was years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Kendoka View Post
    That looks fantastic, fabulous!!!
    Can't wait to see what you will do for the other Chaos factions. :-)
    Will you be perhaps retexturing the current Chaos Giants and beastmen to reflect each Chaos god?
    A lot of it is already done. Slaanesh was the only one I had hardly touched and now all that is left are the marauders and chosen. Still need to do a little modeling work on much of it, but the textures are done. I had already re-textured beastmen but I'm going to hold off on even looking at them for now because of the lack of space in the EDU. Anything new that goes in something else has to be removed, and until they allow us to modify the .exe to increase the limit that's always going to be a problem at this point. New giants, yes at some point, but I'm not going to start any extra modeling work for quite some time, just getting the basic chaos rosters ready for now.

Not sure why the pics don't show anymore. Problem with photobucket, which I'm no longer using. Lots of images on this site have disappeared, especially in the workshop, which hasn't helped while I remind myself how to do things.

Some other work finished and added in:

Tzeentch.

Looking PERFECT!!! Love the magic writing on the horse armors and new weapons and shields looks perfect!

Dark elf stuff added in.

Default Re: The Hardcore Fantasy Battle campaign - A submod for End Times

Raise Dharr banners high!!!

Beautiful work. Are those your sky textures? They fit the mood really well

Yeah, I added in the skies back in 2011. A handful still need some work done, but they are mostly finished.