Thread: Warman's Animation Insights

Default Warman's Animation Insights

These are some of the stuff I have learned about with animations and the descr-skeleton. Some of this stuff might be already known, I'm just bringing it all in one place

Animation Frequency

Now you can't directly determine how often a certain animation appears. BUT you can make certain animations appear more likely by how you name it.
    Here are all the potential names you can give to fatality animations:

eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fail
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_fatality
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_success
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v1_s0_victim

eager_attack_centre_mid_b_slashlr_fail
    eager_attack_centre_mid_b_slashlr_fatality
    eager_attack_centre_mid_b_slashlr_success
    eager_attack_centre_mid_b_slashlr_victim

eager_attack_centre_mid_b_stab_fail
    eager_attack_centre_mid_b_stab_fatality
    eager_attack_centre_mid_b_stab_success
    eager_attack_centre_mid_b_stab_victim

eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashrl_s0_fail
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashrl_s0_fatality
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashrl_s0_success
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashrl_s0_victim

eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v0_fail
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v0_fatality
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v0_success
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v0_victim

eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashlr_v0_fail
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashlr_v0_fatality
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashlr_v0_success
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashlr_v0_victim

You can make certain animations appear more often by two ways

eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashrl_s0_fatality
    eager_attack_centre_mid_b_slashlr_fatality

Anything with a "b" will appear more than a "c". That is the case with fatality animations. So if you give a fatality set a label with a "b" in it, it will appear more then the "c" ones. I believe that this has something to do with the range of the attack. "b" reaches farther out than a "c" does.

Now the second way I still need to test, but this can be used if all the fatalites are the same letter, lets say, "c"

eager_attack_centre_mid_c_slashlr_v0_fatality
    eager_attack_centre_mid_c_stab_v0_fatality

I believe that slash labels appear more frequently then stab ones of the same range.

Now, have you guys wondered why the sword "punch" and shield "push" show up alot? It is because it has a range of "a"

eager_attack_centre_mid_a_push_success
    eager_attack_centre_hi_a_punch_success

It seems the higher up the alphabet you go, the more frequent the animation.

That's all for now, if I come up with more insights, I will update this post.

If you have stuff you would like to add to this, post it in this thread, i'll update it for you as well.

Default Re: Warman's Animation Insights

Your kind of right, but have somethings a little off. You can't simply change any range identifier for another, this will work for some, but not all. Each anim is allowed by its full name as in the .exe. One slight error in the name will result in a CTD.

The letters are a range identifer, a, b, c, d, e
    These correspond directly to the distances in meters set in the strike_distances line at the top of the anim set, with a being the shortest and e the longest. The reason the shorter ranged anims fire more than the longer, is because as the combatants fight each other they move forwards much more than backwards.
    The only way to break the endless cycle of shield bashing and puching is to concate a shuffle backwards anim onto the end of the attack, this means the attack anim playes longer but at least there is a chance of it being followed by a b or c range attack.