Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Faction?

Default Your Favorite Faction?

Just curious to see what factions everyone likes and the reason why.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

vonckenLOTR's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Your Favorite Faction?

in 0.7 i liked Bavaria, because it was located so it could expand, but that it could also stay small. in 0.8a i like Markgrafschaft österreich the most. it starts small, but with the ability to expand. also it doesn't have a overcrowded family tree. i liked that too.

I love Venice, Lower Lorraine and Byzantines.

Something about building up the economic powerhouse cities in those regions is what I live for, figuratively speaking.

Haven't been able to get 0.8 to work, am waiting patiently for the next version

I had trouble getting 0.8 to work as well, but i am glad VonckenLOTR told me how to resolve the issue. All i did to get mine to work was...

delete the map.rwm in data/world/maps/base and the audio and event files in data/sounds folder.
    Reference: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wm#post9929570
    (I never had to edit the northern captian bug)

In my oponion, 0.8 is a far better version of the mod. Theres more conflict and you start with at least one standing army (depedning on what faction you pick).
    Last edited by Post Hoc; November 14, 2011 at 06:35 PM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Did you delete it in the 0.7 folder or .8?

After i installed 0.8 i deleted those files. They should really mention this in the download page of .08. Ive seen a lot of people with this problem, and i was once among them.
    Last edited by Post Hoc; November 14, 2011 at 08:47 PM.

Extract. delete the files and then copy and paste it to .7 data file?

What i did was, i extracted and pasted over 0.7, and then deleted the files.

I get it to run any then when ever I try to caigama it feeze.

what is "caigama"? and i dont know if this matters but i used the Rapidshare download instead of using gamefront. I think if you use filefront you have to do the northern captian bug fix.

check the northern captain bug:
    in data\models_strat\textures nothern_captain_obotrites.tga and renamed northern_captain_obotrites.tga.

If i were you i would redownload 0.8 with rapidshare becuase i know nothing about this bug
    Last edited by Post Hoc; November 15, 2011 at 12:32 AM.

Sorry bad missspelling. When I on the faction screen and it freeze when I try to press start a campaign.
    Last edited by Young Rex; November 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM.

no need to apologize. All i know is what made it work for me. There is probably something else wrong. i will try one last time to help by stating the steps i took.

downloaded 0.7 i extracted all filese in to a new folder on my desktop. After that i downloaded 0.8 to a different folder on desktop. I merged 0.8 into the 0.7 and overwrite any files. then i moved the folder into the mod section of Medieval total war II and deleted the files.

I would suggest completely starting over by deleting all files in your current HRR mod folder, and redownloading 0.7 and 0.8.

look at the bux fixes. i thought i saw something about the freezing campaigns there

I choose my faction press start hear thunders, then nothing.

do you think long before choosing? when i wait to long and click, i get a CTD, but when i am fast enough(within 2 min.) i can play it just fine.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

@ young rex: do fall back to main menu? if so it´s something corrupted with the map.

by the way, my favorite faction is franken, followed by aragon and ere
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; November 28, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

Rule Bavaria!

Quote Originally Posted by matekaitis View Post
    I had trouble getting 0.8 to work as well, but i am glad VonckenLOTR told me how to resolve the issue. All i did to get mine to work was...

delete the map.rwm in data/world/maps/base and the audio and event files in data/sounds folder.
    Reference: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wm#post9929570
    (I never had to edit the northern captian bug)

In my oponion, 0.8 is a far better version of the mod. Theres more conflict and you start with at least one standing army (depedning on what faction you pick).

Never mind, was a problem with parallel downloads from rapidshare, but the Gamefront files are no longer available
    Last edited by The Last Hope; November 30, 2011 at 03:30 AM.

hyretic's Avatar Decanus

at first: Saxon, my Homeland , my speak.

and than: Obotrits, because it is very different to the others.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Österreich, i just love the expansion potential. next is Franken, the land of my ancestors but also cuz its pretty challenging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast