Thread: Is it supposed to be doing this?

BrotherSurplice's Avatar Semisalis

Icon5 Is it supposed to be doing this?

Okay, so, I've downloaded the manual install files (as the .exe download seems to fail) and put everything where the instructions told me to. So I now try to start napoleon, but then steam starts checking for game updates, which seems to be taking a looooooooooong time. Is this normal? Should I just sit it out and wait? Please help me, as I cannot wait to try this mod.

Default Re: Is it supposed to be doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherSurplice View Post
    Okay, so, I've downloaded the manual install files (as the .exe download seems to fail) and put everything where the instructions told me to. So I now try to start napoleon, but then steam starts checking for game updates, which seems to be taking a looooooooooong time. Is this normal? Should I just sit it out and wait? Please help me, as I cannot wait to try this mod.
    that's wirdexpect the checking of steam and try to reinstall the mod in data...

Don't worry everyone, it looks like steam had gotten its knickers in a twist. It wouldn't play any other games either. So I restarted steam and the mod works! As a side note, when I go into a custom battle the units from vanilla NTW are still there. Is that a bug? Have I done something wrong in the install? It doesn't really matter, as the units from the mod are there as well. Also, when I use cannons, when I change to a different kind of ammunition there's no option to change back to explosive shot. Is this a bug? It's kind of annoying

Also, this mod is frigging sweeeeeeeeeeet. Especially the music. The music is so ridiculously awesome, I can't help having a huge smile on my face when I play. Great job with this mod guys, really great job.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherSurplice View Post
    Don't worry everyone, it looks like steam had gotten its knickers in a twist. It wouldn't play any other games either. So I restarted steam and the mod works! As a side note, when I go into a custom battle the units from vanilla NTW are still there. Is that a bug? Have I done something wrong in the install? It doesn't really matter, as the units from the mod are there as well. Also, when I use cannons, when I change to a different kind of ammunition there's no option to change back to explosive shot. Is this a bug? It's kind of annoying

Also, this mod is frigging sweeeeeeeeeeet. Especially the music. The music is so ridiculously awesome, I can't help having a huge smile on my face when I play. Great job with this mod guys, really great job.

for the cannons, it's because that the british army in 1879 used shells not cannon balls.

thank for you support, glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    for the cannons, it's because that the british army in 1879 used shells not cannon balls.

thank for you support, glad you like it!
    Okay then, there isn't an option to switch back to shells. And no problem