Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: FO 0.9 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: FO 0.85 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Well I can't see anything obviously wrong in the 4tpy script, but if it is a script error I may be able to work out what it is, if you upload the save game for me
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Foederatus

Default Re: FO 0.9 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Rome FO.9 Saves.zipI have uploaded in folder with previous save. I have used FD several times but not many.

Foederatus

CC - were you able to view the saves I uploaded?

Yeah I loaded it up and tried it out. It crashes if you load the script, but if you carry on playing without the script for a couple of turns and then reload the script, it works. I haven't had a chance to work out which part of the script is making it crash yet, though.
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; July 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

I've caught the CTD. I can't quite explain it, though Basically, the 4tpy script was crashing on the Spring of 184, because it could not read the stuff the advisor is meant to say. There was nothing visibly wrong with the coding, but Notepad++ informed me that two 4s were actually different. I can only assume there were some hidden characters involved. The same thing was happening the following turn. It's fixed now, for future (though I assume you've already skipped ahead by not loading the script.

Hello there. I am experiencing an installation problem!

I copied the Rome Total War file within the program files\creative assembly directory and named the copy "Fortuna Orbis - Total War". Then, as instructed, I extracted the Fortuna Orbis 0.6 files along with the 0.9 patch within "Fortuna Orbis - Total War". As I had no copy of Rome Total Realism, I made a shortcut for the executable of Barbarian Invasion and edited its target.

Shortcut Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Fortuna Orbis - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe -mod:FO -show_err"

However, windows does allow this modification, because the destination is not valid.

What could I be doinf wrong? Thanks in advance!

Try changing the shortcut target to "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Fortuna Orbis - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:FO -show_err (the " is the difference )

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

I would really like to try your mod, but the problem is every time I start a new campaign or launch a custom battle, it always crashes on my desktop.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: FO 0.51 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

edited.
    Last edited by Dracula; February 20, 2014 at 07:24 PM.

debux's Avatar Senator

Has anyone had trouble downloading from anonfiles? Because it's the second time I try downloading from there, and I'm sure I'm getting the same errors as I did with my first download, so my guess is that the files got corrupted on the upload process, rather than my internet connection being rather bad. It's only a few files that are corrupted, but I just want to check if it's only me (and therefore should try to download from somewhere else)
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    Has anyone had trouble downloading from anonfiles? Because it's the second time I try downloading from there, and I'm sure I'm getting the same errors as I did with my first download, so my guess is that the files got corrupted on the upload process, rather than my internet connection being rather bad. It's only a few files that are corrupted, but I just want to check if it's only me (and therefore should try to download from somewhere else)
    I had the same problem before but after few times of re-downloading (three times for some files) I finally got all the files work. It seems that the files uploaded have no problems but bad connection of the site makes the downloaded files corrupted.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Scythians doesn't have any unit vith general_unit attribute in export_descr_unit.txt. As a result, their new generals in the campaign (adopted, grewn up etc.) die instantly (with a message 'killed in battle'). Please fix that.
    And there is something wrong with their capital city... Sometimes it disappears under fog of war (!), I don't know why. If you move out its garrison, it reappears. Very strange.
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Hi All
    i have a problem to start the mod....i crash immediatly to desktop...after the return to desktop arrive a message where say there is a script error in Roman city txt line 119 column1 and dont recognised slot 48x32_Tempio_di_Vesta
    How i resolve it?

Hello here,

First installation from scratch. Created and edited the shortcut. Game launches to menu like a charm. Click on a new campaign.

But when I click start the campaign after selecting the faction, there's only a sound and nothing start. I'm still on the selection menu... Aw?

When I left the game, there was a problem reported about a string and region that had not loaded named "quabi"... Any clues how to fix it?

DESCR_REGION.TXT AT LINE 1582

I downloaded the 0.9 patch through mediafire, and still, winrar told me there was a encryption error in it...

Something strange here...

Hope someone competent enough knows about this.

JC
    Last edited by JC_von_Preussen; March 25, 2014 at 08:09 AM.

I noticed that the texture of the siege crew for the scorpions and other siege weapons are messed up, also the archers and javelin men's range could still use some range tweaking as the enemy still gets dangerously close before they fire.
    Last edited by b257; September 06, 2014 at 03:25 PM.

0.9.5 file corrupted?

I tried launching the mod and it immediatly crashes when i launch a campaign.

Here's what i've done regarding installation:

Just received the games, RTW and BI today so fresh install.
    Installed both
    Patched RTW to 1.3 then 1.5
    Patched BI to 1.6
    Checked the games and went to option. They work and are correctly patched RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6
    Downloaded FO 0.6
    Downloaded FO 0.9.5

Extracted 0.6 in my RTW directory
    Extracted 0.9.5 in my RTW directory
    Created shortcut and modified to "C:\Users\Nicolas\Desktop\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:FO -show_err

Erased map.rwm.
    Launched the game. I can select campaign but it crashes immediatly.

I then reinstalled as previously but only 0.6. It works fine
    redownloaded then reinstalled 0.9.5.
    deleted map.rwm again. Same crash.

So the problem comes from 0.9.5, no doubt about that.
    Maybe a corrupt file. I redownloaded and reinstalled 3 times, same problem.

What do you think went wrong? Maybe could you upload the patch again please?
    i also find downloading 0.9.5 very fast, i find it weird, maybe something missing.
    Last edited by Nicov55; October 20, 2014 at 04:11 PM.

Finally i got it to work!
    I just placed the shortcut in the mod folder instead of the desktop and it works just fine!
    Did not have time to start playing yet (was time to go to bed) but i love what i've seen in game so far.
    Thanks for this!

Mont's Avatar Tiro
    Townsville(home of the power puff girls) Australia

Should I be able to recruit Marian units at start or is this a bug?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678