Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FO 0.9 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: FO 0.75a - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

All stuff to do at some point
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Thanks for the new version. I started a new Rome game with 0.76 and noticed a couple of things.

You're gonna love this first one. The mines don't produce any revenue in either Bovianum or Rhegium, both of which have Integration I governments.

But there's more. I have three saved games where mines are under construction. If I load one of those games, the mines never get any closer to completion; if I delete a mine from the construction queue, it can no longer be built. I've restarted the game from scratch, I've verified the game cache (I have the Steam version), I've exited and restarted Steam, I've started and ended and restarted the script -- the mines never get closer to completion and can't be built if removed from the queue.

There is one fix: delete the map.rwm file. I've done it four times now. If I delete the map.rwm file, the mines progress to completion and I can even delete them from the queue and restart them. However, if I reload a saved game without deleting the map.rwm file, it will not work properly.

Nothing like a good mystery.

Then there's the trade system, which may work exactly as you intend, but it seems very odd compared to other mods I've played. For example, there is no land trade revenue at all in Tarantum or in either of my Sicilian provinces (all of which are client kingdoms), and I have no trade at all with any Carthaginian provinces even though we are allied and they own the other three cities in Sicily. In the previous version, Tarantum had no trade income at all for extended periods.

Why is trade so hit and miss in places? Is this because of the client kingdom government? I assumed it would affect the value of trade, not whether trade takes place at all.

Lol I do seem to pick up some strange bugs in this mod I'll look into it.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Well there's definitely something up here... When I play, Tarentum gets a small amount of trade income. Add government buildings, and it rises. So no problem there. There's no reason that I can see that you should get much trade income from client states - at least, not when you get a fair amount of their taxes. But with the mines, I can't build any at all, unless, as you say, map.rwm is deleted. I can't recruit elephants either, so I assume there's something wrong with the use of resources as conditions in EDB.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

It seems that there is something wrong with Bellovaci generals bodyguard sprites as there are dark squares in the place of this units when I zoom out.

Foederatus

To CC: I am on Greek campaign (Achaian) as spelt ingame. Absolutely great campaign, everything seems balanced, smooth gameplay except for being surronded by enemies. I am at year 250, only one bug I have noticed is the agents(assasin, spy, diplomat) have the peasant card when viewing their description. And on the recruitment queue they shown as picture of assasin like I never seen before in RTW mods.

Great job though.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by BostiaHistorian View Post
    To CC: I am on Greek campaign (Achaian) as spelt ingame. Absolutely great campaign, everything seems balanced, smooth gameplay except for being surronded by enemies. I am at year 250, only one bug I have noticed is the agents(assasin, spy, diplomat) have the peasant card when viewing their description. And on the recruitment queue they shown as picture of assasin like I never seen before in RTW mods.

Great job though.
    Other factions have the correct description picture of agents, seems only Achaian faction that I have seen.

Default Re: FO 0.76 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Yeah, I'd noticed that, I think I know what causes it so I'll make sure it's fixed for the next patch

I think the Achaeans will be one of the harder factions, to start with at least. It's a pity there's a cap on the amount of settlements one can add, because historically, their conflicts were more aimed at capturing individual cities rather than large provinces. I think Bactria will be harder, though. It has two provinces, but it has rather large empires to either side of it..

Foederatus

I have just noticed there are no resources shown on campaign map. I did delete the map.rwm (data/world/maps/base) since I installed .76patch over .75patch, overwrite all I did; was that mistake? I also reset the campaign map. Though none are shown on map I still am able to recruit ships where I have timber, so they are there.

If you look closely, there are a few They are all in Persian provinces, though. At one point I started to add them, but got sidetracked to other things. I am planning to rectify that soon, though.

Foederatus

Buildings & Features are more important. I want to make sure I give no reasons for a bug in my current campaign, cus it very difficult, therefore very magnificant!

Yeah, I figure it's probably about my fourth priority, behind fixing bugs, balancing units, and doing work on buildings. But it'll need to be done at some point

Foederatus

Was there ever a way to fix the mines construction? My Achaian campaign now 219Spring, I can delete map.wrm before each campaign as was stated in previous thread, then queue, but it gives no benefit. If I dont delete map.wrm before every load the mines disappear from construction tab. Course they dont do any good for economy at this time.

I've been doing essays, sorry. I will try and solve it when I get a chance, most likely next week.

Hi, just did a little test game as Rome. Great stuff, looks very promising - I hope you soon have time to finish the rest . Units are great, really like the government system, money balance great too (as far as I can tell).

One Roman balance and flavor thing: The difference between hastati and Prinicipes is very (too?) small. Considering the small difference in unit costs, players have no real incenitve to go for mixed inf, an all-Prinicpes+Triari army should be the way to go as it is now. Maybe make Principes more expensive, with 1-2 attack bonus and more defense bonus as is now over Hastati? Also, at least Principes should have 1-turn recruitment, in my opinion...

Two things I noticed: 1. after conquering Sicilia, Akragas, Paramos and Lilybaeum don't open up ship trade routes. Even if I tear down the Punic port and build a Roman one, no sea trade. I bought Siracuse from the Greeks (way too cheap & gamey, lol), sea trade works fine there. 2. There are no warports in-game, but I guess thats on your todo-list...

Really looking forward to this mod, keep up the good work!

Yeah, I've been wondering if I shouldn't exaggerate the pay and quality variables a bit more. The main difference between elites and normal units at the moment, except the kit, is their kill chance, which is sort of invisible (you can't see it ingame, but it means that the elites are a good % more likely to kill than other units). I think I'll probably up the costs of cavalry, elites, and add to the range of the "defense skill", and increase the attack bonus slightly on elites.

For the trade, have you reached the integration level of government?

Regarding prices, considering that I have done no balancing whatsoever there, I'm pleasantly surprised

Most buildings haven't actually been added yet actually. The settlements are a fair approximation of how they would be in RTR-PE, or so, but I haven't added any of the new buildings except the governments, mainly because I haven't got them all in the game yet
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; February 21, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

Foederatus

My opinion the building prices are fine. Cant wait until the rest of buildings though, will be excellent. The calvary units are high upkeep now, maybe little more, thats up to you. But the elites could use higher cost, against SPQR AI they are fieldings full armies of Italic & Polybian Principies with 2-3 units of calvary. Higher cost may mix up AI armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    For the trade, have you reached the integration level of government?
    I did not. So then it is not a bug, but a feature. And a good feature too!
    Great, your plans for elite/heavy inf will do the job I guess. By the way, any plans to replace trade income with tax income in RTRVII fashion for example? In my test, trade income was ~50% of total, so landlocked factions have big disadvantage, do I see that correctly?

I think I might give reduced trade income to client states rather than none, because as it is one loses out not just in the settlement itself, but also in those that trade with it. I still need to decide, though. After all, one doesn't get trade income with rebel regions, which one would in reality trade with, so one can't really think of "trade" as trade in the normal sense. Good point about landlocked factions; then again, I should think a landlocked faction would be at a disadvantage economically. I'll have to see how things work out. Anything is possible at the moment.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Here are a few unit related bugs I have noticed:

1.) It seems that the hands of most (if not all) AqDs Bactrian units were left untextured since they are black.

2.) Roman Equites Pretoriani looks exactly the same as Equites Consulares at least in custom battle.

3.) Indian Leavy Spearmen miss their spears

4.) German Heros (or what is the name of the unit on FO) are in game represented as purely mellee unit althoght, their model show them carrying several javelins on their shields (this issue is also present in VII)

5.) There are some units which do not have matching unit cards or unit icons on UI (for example: Ptolemaic Thureophoroi, Keltoi Ambacti - the mercanery ones, Arverni Heavy Cavalry and several Getai units)

6.) Getai generals bodyguards miss the beutifull shield pattern they have in VII and instead they have just plain white shields.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; February 25, 2013 at 01:42 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast