Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FO 0.9 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: FO 0.51 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

I still need to code those in in most places
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks for the hard work

I got a CTD with Pergamon with the new 0.75patch. The greek_officer_mounted.cas was in the units/greeks/officers folder, it should be in the units/greek/officers folder. Thanks. Let you know if I find anything else.

silver surfers for kometai stratiotai, missing descriptions and name for Thracian Rhomphiaphoroi for Eleutheroi, the Bactrian persian phalangites have much better stats and have more men than the regular phalanx pikemen and have higher attack and defense skill than the elite pikemen not sure if intentional but just wanted to bring it to your attention, also missing bactria_hellenic_general_sprite_000.tga.dds
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; February 03, 2013 at 03:56 AM. Reason: found more bugs

Default Re: FO 0.75 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Thanks for the report The Greek/Greeks thing is a typo in compiling the patch, so a few more units are affected by it. I've fixed it now, though (and all the other points you mentioned, except for the Persian unit, which will have to wait - not many of the Persian units are balanced so far). I'll release a corrective patch soon.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Default Re: FO 0.75a - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Those issues are now addressed in the 0.75a hotfix patch

Thanks for the hotfix -- I can now recruit Italic troops at Capua, so I assume that a Colony II is now needed for that.

However, several tabs are now mislabeled, eg, the city recruitment tab now says something about zooming in or out.

I've noticed something else, that may have existed before the fix: Tarantum and Bononia have no trade income. Zero. I have no idea why. They show no exports or imports or land trade, though their neighbors do show land trade with them.

They're client kingdoms. You aren't meant to get much income from them...

I'll check out the tabs issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    They're client kingdoms. You aren't meant to get much income from them...

I'll check out the tabs issue.
    It's not that they don't get much trade income, they get none, not a penny. Tarantum has a good sized port but no sea trade at all. There are other client kingdoms, but these are the only two with no trade activity at all. It's got to be a bug.

Foederatus

Here is what I noticed today on what was called tab issues. Just wording on city tab, building tab, spy wording, recruitment tab.

I see what you mean

Foederatus

Mod so good I cant quit playing, so figured I would update any issues as I go. Here is picture error for naval battles.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

It looks quite funny Do you plan to change the ships in FO to the new RTR one in some stage?

I wonder how that one happened I've seen some other dodgy captain pictures (I think some show the corners of settlements or something like that), so I'll have to take a look at that. I think the tabs probably came in when I tried to correct a "bug" which wasn't a bug. I'll reverse that and see if it fixes it.

The thing about the RTR ships is that you can't have banners with them. I'd need to attach the banners to the ships, and then somehow make bannermen for the eastern factions to walk around the map. I do like the setup in RTR though, so I might do that at some point. Also, I need to look at banners in general - if I don't do that, you might notice that the emblems on the strat map banners have never been changed, there is a Brutii flag in the background of Bostia's screenshot, and the battle map banners are quite a mix

Yep, the tabs are fixed. Here's the corrected file - just put it in FO/data/text (I want to correct a few more bugs before I release another patch )

Foederatus

During a Siege Attack on Carthage-Sicily I had CTD, the error shown is below. Never seen this before?

Foederatus

Cant go any further, was going great too. 262winter and not any bugs, crashes.

I've seen it a few times on RTR, and apparently other mods have had it. As far as I know, it's a bug in the RTW engine, which appears rarely, but perhaps more often on complex mods.

@dem: Btw, did you mean the stratmap models or the actual ships? In the case of the actual ships, I should definitely do that sometime. It's a surprisingly large amount of work though, so I may simplify it a bit.

Oh, and I've found out what the problem with the captain banners is. The banners in the captain banners folder are, as far as I can tell, from FoE, but in both FoE and FO, some of the factions have new internal names - but not the same ones. So some factions as a result have vanilla captain banners, others none (as their names are neither FoE nor vanilla, so they can't revert to vanilla), in which case it seems something random is selected in their place. Some of course have the old FoE ones. I'm now putting in the current VII ones for the factions which are in VII, and will make ones for those that aren't

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I did mean the actual ships but I like the strat map setup of RTR as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast