Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FO 0.9 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: FO 0.51 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Hey I have FO with patch 1 and first, it can't save ! Second, half of the settlements on stratmap when you click "show settlement details"/the scroll/ - it crashes ?! Any ideas ?

I must congratulate you however for the settlements how they look. Big mountains and all that. And I first time see Hierosolyma with the Dead Sea present 3D

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Hmm, I think I encountered something like that once, but I didn't really bother with it since I still have to do a lot of work on the economic system. It may be that the coding I have already put in is too complicated, which would be annoying. Or maybe it's a bugged building or something... But for the moment, I'm afraid you'll have to live with it. I have exams at the moment, so I won't be able to track it down
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    Hmm, I think I encountered something like that once, but I didn't really bother with it since I still have to do a lot of work on the economic system. It may be that the coding I have already put in is too complicated, which would be annoying. Or maybe it's a bugged building or something... But for the moment, I'm afraid you'll have to live with it. I have exams at the moment, so I won't be able to track it down
    And can you at least save in your game ? Cause without that ...

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to answer that one. It's probably the script not triggering properly. It should fix itself if you hit the X on the corner of the menu screen and then re-trigger it by selecting a settlement.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Thanks ! Seems a very interesting mod. I am playing for 12 turns now Egypt and have built Ptolemaic Occupation bases all over and Greek Phalanx Reforms; but I don't seem yet able to recruit any unit ?! Is that a bug or will they come later on ? I intend to send by sea 2 armies to open a base in India

And is that RS II vegetation or some middle version ?

Again I must say I am very satisfied by the map, how the settlements have big mountains hills and unever terrain, not like in RS II flat dull plains

Capturing Petra :

That I call nice releph :

Allowed myself to change the fight style of the phalanx, now they hold the spear at shoulder level, and gave them shorter spears:
    Last edited by Dracula; January 19, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

I think the game is bugged. No faction can recruit anything anywhere. Not checked Rome though. And dude, "Ptolemaic Integrated Satrapy - 40 turns" ???. I'll get in pension till then .

Well yeah, I did say the campaign is not ready yet And as for the 40 turns... well, that's 10 years for a pretty important building, so I say fair enough. We had building times like that in VII for a long time. I might decide to shorten them though.

Well yeah, I did say the campaign is not ready yet And as for the 40 turns... well, that's 10 years for a pretty important building, so I say fair enough. We had building times like that in VII for a long time. I might decide to shorten them though.
    Whatever for the construction time, but a mod released without ability to play ?! I am amazed. You really don't expect somebody to pay attention to just custom battles. It's your business though.

And these barracks there in descr_strat have listed untis for recruitment, what prevents them from releasing them out ? The ports too.

There shouldn't be any units listing for recruitment. I did write it down quite clearly on the release thread, that and the fact that it is a Beta. It's mostly so you can get a taste for what is to come. But no, I don't expect it to become your most-played mod without a campaign...

Sorry if I am being rude

leoni's Avatar Campidoctor

...its clearly a beta, but you got my support...

Thanks That it is.

Not sure if I should post this question here, but wouldn't know where else, so here goes:
    Playing RTR 1.6 BI, after multiple turns the game starts crashing during the AI turn ("stopped working"), not with any specific faction nor any specific time or place. Sometimes a tiny change in the campaign (e.g. moving an army here, not there) is enough to make it continue working. but the more turns have gone by, the crashes there are... Does anyone else know this problem? And does anyone have any advice what to do about it?

Which version of RTR is it? I know that VII has a CTD we accidentally built in on the script, but apart from that, the chances are it is probably just an unlucky chance.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

On the campaign map, when I scroll to the bottom in the middle of map, the screen became messed up with blue/red/etc and a progress bar was shown, seems to be trying to reload the campaign - the load takes more than 10 seconds, and when it's done I can only see the messed-up screen, not the map.

Oh dear...

I can remember changing the big terra incognita regions around a bit recently, but I can't remember if I released the fix, so I may have fixed that by now, though.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have found a rather annoying problem....I cannot save

Oh yeah, I'm not sure what's causing that. To save, you have to bring up the save menu, then hit the ? in the top right corner and cancel the script. Bring the menu up again, and you should be able to save

Thanks mate, now I can campaign

Oh yeah, I'm not sure what's causing that. To save, you have to bring up the save menu, then hit the ? in the top right corner and cancel the script. Bring the menu up again, and you should be able to save
    Does not work

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast