Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FO 0.9 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Default Re: FO 0.76 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    I think I might give reduced trade income to client states rather than none, because as it is one loses out not just in the settlement itself, but also in those that trade with it. I still need to decide, though. After all, one doesn't get trade income with rebel regions, which one would in reality trade with, so one can't really think of "trade" as trade in the normal sense. Good point about landlocked factions; then again, I should think a landlocked faction would be at a disadvantage economically. I'll have to see how things work out. Anything is possible at the moment.
    Re: landlocked provinces.

Inland river trade should be a very significant factor. If a province is connected to an adjacent province by a navigable river, it should greatly enhance its trade with that province, much more so than a road. The economy within a province should also be greatly enhanced by the presence of a navigable river. Real poverty should only belong to provinces that have no water communications -- roads help, but they are no substitute for water transport.

So perhaps the answer to inland trade is powerful river ports buildings where there is a navigable river. The river ports would provide increased trade and tax revenue.

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Here are a few unit related bugs I have noticed:

1.) It seems that the hands of most (if not all) AqDs Bactrian units were left untextured since they are black.
    Can you specify which? I can't replicate this.

2.) Roman Equites Pretoriani looks exactly the same as Equites Consulares at least in custom battle.
    True. They do get a stat bonus, though. I don't think it's really too important.

3.) Indian Leavy Spearmen miss their spears
    True. I'll probably remove that unit if I can't find the right model. It serves virtually no purpose...

4.) German Heros (or what is the name of the unit on FO) are in game represented as purely mellee unit althoght, their model show them carrying several javelins on their shields (this issue is also present in VII)
    I'll see if there are any easy fixes to this (either I'll make them use the javelins, or I'll delete the javelins).

5.) There are some units which do not have matching unit cards or unit icons on UI (for example: Ptolemaic Thureophoroi, Keltoi Ambacti - the mercanery ones, Arverni Heavy Cavalry and several Getai units)
    This is sometimes laziness (e.g. the Arverni heavy cavalry is close enough, just the shield is a bit different), sometimes a mess up (I probably put the wrong one in place for the merc Ambacti), sometimes an oversight (the Ptolemaic thureophoroi), and I don't know what you mean about the Getai - I just ran them up without spotting any errors.

6.) Getai generals bodyguards miss the beautiful shield pattern they have in VII and instead they have just plain white shields.
    It also goes by the name of "unlocalised placement text". I'll make sure this is fixed
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; February 25, 2013 at 08:36 PM.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

1.) I will make a coser look at them again, but if my memory serves me well it was Bactrian Cavalry, Bactrian Horse Archers, Bactrian Elephants Crew (they are basicly the same as the horse archers) and maybe even Bactrian Hypaspist.

5.) IIRC, the getai units which differs from their unit cards are Getai Kometai, Getai Reform Infantry and Getai Archers. I could look at this again when I get home.

7.) One more: Roman Balista crew miss half of their heads

Btw. Must say I love the bigger unit sizes of the roman infantry. But I not sure if I underestand correctly why the marian legionaries have smaller size. Strictly speaking one polibian unit on large resamble one maniple (which consists of two centuries) while one marian units resemble with its size one century instead of one cohort which is quite inconsistent. I guess you waned to represent this way the more flexibility of the marian units which I like

Also I wonder why the unit size of the Brythonic heavy chariots is much bigger than continental ones. Is it intended to show the fact that chariots in cantinent was slowly becoming obsolete while in Britain they were still common?
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; February 26, 2013 at 04:39 AM.

I've fixed the Mauryan levies (by removing them) and all three unit card issues btw And slightly downgraded the Brythonic chariots. Yeah, they were meant to be that way because chariots were more common in Britain, but I think it was a bit much. They are now 33% bigger rather than 50%.

The Marians are a bit smaller so as not to overpower the Romans, the Marians being one of the best units in the game I'll bump them up to 50 though.
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; March 01, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

I've now fixed the Getic Bodyguard I've also reexamined the Bactrians, and I have spotted that the hands appear to be some sort of glove. There is certainly a dark cloth texture there, complete with folds. It appears as a dark hand ingame, but you'll notice it isn't completely black or textureless. That said, it does look very strange, and I'll add some normal hands on

Edit: Done
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; March 03, 2013 at 07:31 PM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think if possible could make the passes over HinduKush harder to reach

How so?

Do not know just I find the Mauryan's are over running Baktria and Sogdia in less than five turns. It should be difficult to cross, or go around

I'm going to strip the Mauryans of their non-Indian provinces and make them rebel. That should help somewhat, especially if the Hindu-Kush has some strong armies floating around it.

Also, I checked the artillery guys, and it turns out they have no helmets because I tried to make them work as peasants. This means that we now have half-headless apparitions drifting around the cities with swords at their belts! I was going to give them back helmets and remove the peasants, but then it occured to me that having the same guy (basically an adaptation of the Carthaginian peltast) as the crew for every faction would be rather ahistorical. And I like having guys in cities. I have some slots left over for models, so I'm going to try and make a multi-model solution
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; March 04, 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Sounds great

Hmm, having different models for the crew got too complicated for me. I'll definitely give them back their heads, though And there will be proper peasants, even if only male ones.

Default Re: FO 0.8 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Ave,

so I've downloaded Fortuna Orbis, but when I am extracting those 4 files to RTW directory, I have an error message that some files are corrupted and cannot be extracted (like animations.pack etc.) so I can't start the mod. When I try to put those files manually to exact directory I get the same error message. Is there any way to solve this ? Many thanks.

I think the only way to fix that would be to download the offending part again If it's .pack files giving trouble, it will probably either be the 1st or 3rd archive giving trouble.

hello RTR team i have a problem after i put -mod:FO -show_err in a direct acess, when i launch the game apears the presentation screen with the FO backgound after 15 seconds causes a CTD any help will be appreciated since this is a Beta thanks.

Default Re: FO 0.85 - Bugs, Errors and Installation Difficulties

Have you got RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6 installed?

yes i have, thats what pissed me more, because i´m so hyped for this mod.

If you downloaded the four-part installation, did you extract all four of them there? I know some other people didn't do that, and missing files can cause a bug like the one you describe.
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; May 01, 2013 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar View Post
    If you downloaded the four-part installation, did you extract all four of them there? I know some other people didn't do that, and missing files can cause a bug like the one you describe.
    Hi me again, first of all the mod is working now i installed the game from scratch again RTW 1.5 & RTW-BI 1.6 and then instaled the Depositfiles FO RAR and the patch and everything is fine and dandy, i think the problem is the four part installer like you said before thank you very the mod is great and DETAILED as hell great work, happy workers day.

Thanks I'm glad it worked

Foederatus

.9 version, playing Rome. Turn is 185BC Winter, end turn to 184BC Spring and CTD. Reload and do not activate script, goes to 184BC Spring but then load script and CTD. Such good campaign, what might this be?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast