Thread: I need help please

Default I need help please

I think that this mode is fantastic but in winter 238 I pass the turn and the game crash to windows while the pc do the turn of bactrians.

Another question have you understand my english? :laughing: :laughing:

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: I need help please

Like i said in the Bugs/Issues thread elmo, this is the RTW end turn CTD bug, nothing i can do about. Try moving your armies to different places, and also move your agents around a bit.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yeah, that is just a random CTD. But Lusted, don't you think it is a bit weird that it usually seems to be in 238 BC?

Your english is good too.

Yeah, it may be related to the descr_events file, but im not sure why it would CTD, but ill have a go and see if i can sort this one out. Though judging by the variety of dates people get CTd's at, it may just be the end turn CTD bug. And people have played past that date.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

i have modded in the past and have found that usually, a CTD is never random. unfortunately, when it happens in the year 238 it is hard to tell what it might be because of the long time without one.
    but one thing i have found is that diplomacy of orignall unplayable factinons caused a lot of CTD's in v 1.3, perhaps not all of them were fixed in 1.5.
    another thing i have found that causes lots of errors is if a city can not recruit any units (from a barracks) or mercenaries has a revolt or rebellion. this could happen if a barracks is damaged and there is no mercenary pool. what i mean is, if you dont have every province covered by a mercenary pool this may cause issues.

*** lusted, you might wnat to look at this, i just checked out your campaign map really qucikly, and the only province that isnt covered by mercenary pools is Tribus_Legae, which looks like the last province added in descr_regions and also is could be near the Baktria region in 238.

So it isn't, that wil be easy to fix for 5.0 though.
    Creator of:

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Well that is good to hear. However I do remember that in vanilla 1.2 that same 238 CTD bug occured. Oh well...

You must fix this bug i must play this mooooooode!!!

while meanwhile ther's a cheat to change date?

--Merged double post, please don't double post.--
    Last edited by Hader; April 27, 2006 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elmo
    You must fix this bug i must play this mooooooode!!!

while meanwhile ther's a cheat to change date?

--Merged double post, please don't double post.--
    you can go and download romeSage from the downloads section here. this will change the date and other things in a saved game file. make sure you get the one for 1.5 though. but it might not actually be the date. you might have to restart your campaign. but you can try this first.

get the txt file i have posted here and save it to your ...\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign directory. also, delete the map.rwm file in this directory (and probably in the ...\Data\world\maps\base directory as well).

this will add mercs to this province, im not sure the effect it will have on your saved game, but it should work for new games you do.

thanks