Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Performance Mod up to 50 %

Icon4 Epic Performance Mod up to 50 %

The Epic Performance Mod

--> Enhance Performance up to 50%

If I had the full game (tested with demo) I could add a second mod that enhance more your Performance with same Image quality, too!!! Or a better texture pack?!

Don't forget to Reply and Comment my Mod its very important for me

Take a closer look at my Attached Files you find there:" The release of my Performance pack"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Superghostboy; July 01, 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Default Re: Epic Performance Mod up to 50 %

Fantastic ! Now I can play Napoleon again . Thanks !

Hey,does this really work? 50% seems to good to be true

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Hate to tell ya bro, but I'm not seeing one bit of difference in performance with this mod.

Using FRAPS, I'm seeing exactly the fame rates with this mod installed as I do without.

I tested without any onther mods installed

hip63

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Hate to tell ya bro, but I'm not seeing one bit of difference in performance with this mod.
    Would be interesting how this should work. Three textures got changed, and 99% of the main ressource eaters (the large atlas files) not?

Icon4 Re: Epic Performance Mod up to 50 %

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post

Using FRAPS, I'm seeing exactly the fame rates with this mod installed as I do without.

I tested without any onther mods installed

hip63

You need Fraps to feel the Fps

Sorry, with Fraps you get a Fps drop and other time Fraps show wrong value! I tested the game (demo) on my Htpc (Intel Atom 330 with ION) at 1280x720 all settings at Ultra! I feel a very nice FPS boost!

If you had time read what member Darth_Vader said to my to Shogun 2 Texture/Performance Mod!

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I feel a very nice FPS boost!
    Might be the famous placebo effect. And i doubt that Fraps eats up 50% of the frames...

Icon4 Re: Epic Performance Mod up to 50 %

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Would be interesting how this should work. Three textures got changed, and 99% of the main ressource eaters (the large atlas files) not?
    I had only the demo! Some of the Shogun 2 player tell me if I could look at Napoleon and Empire Total War for a performance mod like I do at Shogun 2! And I download the demo of this games and look with the PFM Editor what I could do!

I don't edit the .atlas files or change the size of the texture!

I add a new texture and replace the big texture (skybox/cloudsets) to get a Performance boost with the same image quality! If I had the full game than I could do this same with the .color_mask files!

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Superghostboy View Post
    You need Fraps to feel the Fps

Sorry, with Fraps you get a Fps drop and other time Fraps show wrong value! I tested the game (demo) on my Htpc (Intel Atom 330 with ION) at 1280x720 all settings at Ultra! I feel a very nice FPS boost!

If you had time read what member Darth_Vader said to my to Shogun 2 Texture/Performance Mod!
    That doesn't happen with FRAPS on my system and no I didn't "feel" a boost in game play either. Everything felt and played EXACTLY the same. If I make other changes in NTW (changes resolution. image quality, ect.) and I can see (and feel) a difference in frame rates, so why should your mod be any different? And I don't believe in magical powers...

The only times I've ever heard of fraps reporting incorrect frame rates is with crossfire or SLI (dual video crad) configurations but I'm not running dual video cards.

Also I don't give a hoot what Darth Vader thinks about your mod on S2, all I'm saying is that your mod for NTW isn't doing anything to boost performance on my system, fact.

So I'm sorry, I know your all excited about your mod for S2 but the NTW version doesn't seem to be working as far as I can tell.

It may work in the NTW Demo for you but it's never been patched to my knowledge and the real game has been patch 6 times so there is a good chance something got changed that could affect your mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Might be the famous placebo effect. And i doubt that Fraps eats up 50% of the frames...
    Indeed...

hip63

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Good try on your performance improvement patch. But hip and the other modders here are right. If you are playing with a demo game there is a great chance it has no patches applied in the same way NTW does. With the game patched so much it is vastly possible that you have made a performance boosting submod for the NTW demo; which when applied to the full game is indeed "broken" because of the fact there has been so many patches.

If you don't have the full game get it and apply your fixes and performance enhancements to the full version and then see what you get. Many of the modders here have a great deal of training in scripting and programing on the professional level as it is there professions in real life. Go to them and ask for help if needed. Most problems concerning performance and drops in the FPS have to do with texturing. High res textures are labor intensive on the PC graphics card as well as the particle effects. More particles on screen the more FPS drop you might have.

Give it another go and lets see what you got!
    If it's a real boost in performance then I'll download it and give it a try. Also, it's a good idea not to just claim it improves the FPS. Tell us why. What did do and what did you change to give us the boost? People will want to know as to evaluate before they install the mod.

Have fun and happy modding!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by WarnerVH; November 29, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

i've tried your other performances boost, and empire works incredible well with your work, shogun also but not so much at least in my system...anyway...i've tried this in my napoleon and works great but...the unit's animations got freeze all the time...otherwise it does works, it's a shame it mess the units animation...please fix it!!! you work is one of the best i've ever seen in this forums since the day i got membership.
    Have a coffee dude...

Very good mod its performance is exceptional, very good job congratulations, placing files correctly improves performance tremendously.

Thank you for your job.

The real question no one may dare to ask:

Is this better than Post Process Injector?

Yes, for me yes, I think that this mod is better

Vivat Imperator's Avatar Tiro

I don’t notice any difference between the performance with or without this modification.
    JVSTITIA REGNORVM FVNDAMENTVM

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

I see no link to try it myself...

where can i find the link to download this mod??

Hey come on,we need link,modder has only shogun performance file.We need performance.

iCrusader's Avatar Civis

Where are the link? :S

helloo where are the links?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast