Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.7.9

Unit_abilities_tables\unit_abilities has a bunch of columns that are NOT shown in PFM but appears when you export to .TSV. There are a few TRUE and FALSE columns that can only be seen in the .tsv format. I'm pretty confident that some of these are relevant, could they be added so they display?

EDIT: I think I might be wrong here. Ignore.
    Last edited by AveiMil; January 27, 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AveiMil View Post
    Unit_abilities_tables\unit_abilities has a bunch of columns that are NOT shown in PFM but appears when you export to .TSV. There are a few TRUE and FALSE columns that can only be seen in the .tsv format. I'm pretty confident that some of these are relevant, could they be added so they display?

EDIT: I think I might be wrong here. Ignore.
    No, you're not wrong, but these columns are invisible for a reason. There is a special string type in db files that have a leading true/false column to indicate whether they have any content; I found it rather pointless to show them. The PFM automatically sets the value to true if the string is non-empty, otherwise to false.
    I haven't thought about TSV import/export, not sure it works 100% of the cases, but it should. If you find any issues, let me know (say, if you import a TSV with false, but followed by a non-empty string value).
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Maybe in one of your updates, you could add Excel functionality. I would like to be able to copy and paste whole rows into your tool.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    Maybe in one of your updates, you could add Excel functionality. I would like to be able to copy and paste whole rows into your tool.
    Export TSV.
    open up excel drag the TSV to excel and done
    Dont save as just save something pops up say ok, then go back to the table you exported as TSV then import and select the one you edited in excel, and voila done

I'm using v1.7.9 and I keep getting this error message when trying to access naval_uniforms. How do I fix this?

Never mind, I figured it out. I had to remove my DBFileTypes_user folder. I'm guilty of editing the column names to my liking, but that's about it. Any explanation as to why this happens?
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 01, 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Feature request: Make variantmodels\units easier to mod.

Currently, there is an export TSV feature, but I cannot import the TSV again. Editing these files within PFM is extremely time consuming and difficult and PFM sometimes produce seemingly random errors at times when editing these files.

Any possibility of adding Import TSV for these files daniu?
    Awesome advice. I had to do a little searching and found a great tutorial on how to do this:

Using OpenOffice to edit DB entries (via TSV export)

I'm currently using MS Office 2010 and everything works like a charm. I never realized those TSV Import & Export buttons on top in PFM.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; February 02, 2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    Never mind, I figured it out. I had to remove my DBFileTypes_user folder. I'm guilty of editing the column names to my liking, but that's about it. Any explanation as to why this happens?
    Yes, the previous version had a bug loading and saving certain table descriptions, so a table with a renamed table could not be loaded anymore.
    The new version contains valid ones, renaming should work for all tables now; let me know if it doesn't.
    Last edited by daniu; February 02, 2012 at 01:24 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

wtf I can't save files, it crashes.!!

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Thank you a Million times for this indispensable tool Daniu from the bottom of my heart , this makes the game's lifespan multiply itself through modding , you deserve a thousand rep but i can only give you one , so there you go

Is it possible to get campaigns_campaign_variables_junctions_tables readable in PFM? I'm curious as to what is contained in this file.

Is it possible to get campaigns_campaign_variables_junctions_tables readable in PFM? I'm curious as to what is contained in this file.
    Yes, you'll probably be disappointed though

To make up for it:

Version 1.7.10 out.

- added decode tool (standalone and opens on unknown db files)
    - fixed window title bug when doubleclicking pack file

The Decode Tool is something I've been developing for myself in the last couple of days to analyse unknown DB files. It works as standalone plus is kind of semi-integrated right now. There still is a lot of work to be done both stability and usability-wise, but it works ok for now. If you've ever stared at the hex dump of a db file trying to make sense of it, you'll appreciate how much help this is.
    I'll put up a description of how to use it tomorrow.

I'm still working on going towards using schema.xml instead of the DBFileType files and making good progress. I am a bit reluctant to update the DBFileType files until then because that would mean I'd have to reintegrate the changes again probably; it's a bit juggling with versions as it is. I do have a schema.xml which contains basically all data including versioning information since ETW up to now.
    What I also have in mind is marking empty db files in the file tree, because the only reason we don't know their format is because they don't have any content to guess it from.
    Last edited by daniu; February 08, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.7.10

Good work daniu!

Here is the new installer for 1.7.10: http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/Pack_File_Manager_1_7_10.zip Upgrades automatically from 1.7.9.

Includes: Start Menu Shortcut, Start->Run Shortcuts ("pfm" and "s2d"), .pack file association.

Previous versions can be found here: http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Hello,
    When I try to run the PFM in get a CLR 800004005 error. I am running win 7 x64, thank you in advance for any help.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Champlain View Post
    Hello,
    When I try to run the PFM in get a CLR 800004005 error. I am running win 7 x64, thank you in advance for any help.
    Cheers!
    Do you have .NET 4.0 installed?
    Can't think of anything else tbh.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Champlain's Avatar Civis

Hello, Thanks for a quick reply. Yes I do, I reinstalled just to certify that she was not corrupted.

Champlain's Avatar Civis

3.5 that came with the OS was causing the problem. All good now, thank you for the PFM and Cheers!

When I try to edit a portrait mod, PFM will never display the correct image. I can extract the files through PFM and open with an image editor and confirm the files are correct, but it just doesn't show up properly in PFM. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by rsnider View Post
    When I try to edit a portrait mod, PFM will never display the correct image. I can extract the files through PFM and open with an image editor and confirm the files are correct, but it just doesn't show up properly in PFM. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?
    No, I noticed that too; it always seems to show the same set of pictures.
    This is all code from someone else and I haven't gotten into how it works yet, I hope I get around to fixing it eventually.
    Is it possible it always shows the first picture with that name and ignores the directory they are in?
    If you can make out a pattern, it will make it easier for me and speed up it being fixed.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Seems like it caches the very first image you view with that specific file name and that shows that cached image for all other "entries" of that file name in other .pack files.

As an example I viewed an image I had never touched before in TROM3.pack via PFM. I then opened data.pack and tried to view the same image there; it shows the image from the TROM3.pack.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.0

New version uploaded, I'm going to call this 2.0.

I rewrote large portions of the foundation of the PFM which made me go up a major build number.
    I'm not completely finished with that, but there are already several major improvements some of you wanted.
    Things look stable enough for now; there probably are still some quirks left; just let me know.

- uses schema.xml instead of DBFileTypes
    - supports all db files since etw except two or three
    - add files/directory from anywhere on the file system
    - now supports boot.pack file
    - larger column width in DB editor
    - rearranged menus
    - opening several images with same name fixed
    - corrected total file count and progress bar when loading pack file
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum