Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.7.8

daniu Good health!
    I do not know English and use the translator. I am sorry in advance for presentation.
    You do great work. Thank you so much.
    I watched a video on using the program, but due to language barrier understood almost nothing. You could make a written lesson work in the program, and explain the importance of the functions menu (buttons and check boxes). What they do. Moving from simple to complex. Explain how to use your tool, you can review, edit, or back to collect multiple tables. You can then change the values in the tables without conversion into TSV? I didn't ask to present how to edit the tables themselves. What's changed and what this means is, on the site, and what not, that means nobody knows. I request a lesson on how to do this technically using your program. For example there are DBpack file that contains the table unit_tables, in raspadaûŝemsâ menu/branch 5 under files: AS_units, Tc_naval_units and other ... How do I remove 1 or 2 under file? Or vice versa. How to dial from the pack 7/3/10-7-10, any tables that are in its branch/several under tables and collect them in your pack. And tell me please, why some tables and the tables are highlighted in yellow? To clarify: tables/files-I mean game tables in the db directory branch/units/... or db/unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions ... If possible, use short sentences. They are better and more accurately reflects the meaning.
    I would be very grateful.

daniu, I've edited many of the column header descriptions in my PFM client. Unfortunately I don't remember which I've edited from memory and I don't feel like going through them all to find out which I've added. Do you want all my .txt files in a zip?

Quote Originally Posted by RusBros View Post
    You could make a written lesson work in the program, and explain the importance of the functions menu (buttons and check boxes).
    Sorry I really don't have time to do a tutorial, and I'm not the right person to ask anyway because I'm not a modder myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AveiMil View Post
    daniu, I've edited many of the column header descriptions in my PFM client. Unfortunately I don't remember which I've edited from memory and I don't feel like going through them all to find out which I've added. Do you want all my .txt files in a zip?
    You mean you edited them using the right-click/rename function, right? Sure, just zip them all up.
    I got them under version control anyway so it's pretty easy to check what changed if need be.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Kaunitz's Avatar Centenarius

I hope it's the right place for this post. I just found out that in my version of PFM (1.7.8.) the following columns in database/unit_stats_land are confused:

• the column which is labeled "Cold Resistant" should actually be "Good Stamina/fatigue resistant" and
    • the column labeled "Good Stamina" should be "Scares enemies".
    • the column labeled "Inspires nearby troops" also seems to be "Scares enemies". (so we've got that two times!?)
    • the column labeled "Heat Resistant" is actually "Inspires nearby troops"
    I haven't messed around with the labels at all, so I guess that the confusion is not self-inflicted.

I also noticed that the "fear effect range"in kv_morale now seems to work correctly. However, the fear effect itself (unit_concerned_frightened) doesn't (at least for me). It always leads to instant routs, no matter how small I set the value.
    Last edited by Kaunitz; January 22, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
    KAUNITZ PROJECT
    - a modding project for a better representation of XVIIIth century warfare -

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Can someone please tell me what to do with these:
    DBFileTypes_1.zip (21.1 KB, 346 views)
    DBFileTypes_2.zip (21.1 KB, 189 views)
    DBFileTypes_3.zip (21.2 KB, 184 views)
    DBFileTypes_4.zip (23.2 KB, 227 views)
    setPackType.zip (2.2 KB, 143 views)
    DBFileTypes_5.zip (38.9 KB, 514 views)
    DBFileTypes_6.zip (38.9 KB, 82 views)
    I'm trying to teach myself how to mod here. How is anyone suppose to know what to do with these files if there are no directions for installing them. I appreciate the work here, but common. How is anyone suppose to learn how to mod if the main tool doesn't include instructions. I imagine they're not here for looks. Do I place them in the Tools folder? Do I unzip them and then place them there. Do I need all of them? Do I only need the latest version. How can you offer a vital piece to modding and not include a comprehensive instruction guide?
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; January 23, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    Can someone please tell me what to do with these:
    I'm trying to teach myself how to mod here. How is anyone suppose to know what to do with these files if there are no directions for installing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    - provides update option to check for newer distribution of DBFileTypes

This should mean that it will be easier to add new updates to the DB descriptions and will not require a new version of the PFM itself.

There is no need to manually download the attachment.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Whops, I've forgotten to upload the DBFileTypes I've changed. Here it is.

There aren't too many new entries, I can't even remember how many I've changed. I'll try to do more as I work on my mod.

Uploaded version 1.7.9.
    - fixed bug with db tables containing a conditional string as first entry

This regards your naval_uniforms, AveMil, they should work now.
    Please put bug reports in this thread though so I can quote them (or someone else can help you if you misunderstood something).

There aren't too many new entries, I can't even remember how many I've changed. I'll try to do more as I work on my mod.
    Uploaded as DBFileTypes_7, you can delete your DBFileTypes_user folder once you got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaunitz View Post
    I hope it's the right place for this post. I just found out that in my version of PFM (1.7.8.) the following columns in database/unit_stats_land are confused:
    Yes this is the right place, but now you confused me too much.
    There is no "Inspires nearby troops" right now, only "Inspires Allies"; supposing that's what you mean, there already is a "Scares enemies" entry, so these changes would result in three of them...
    Didn't apply the changes. Please could you edit the correct column header by right clicking, then change column description, and then upload the DBFileTypes_user folder after saving?
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.7.9

Just want to say thanks for your great work on the pack file manager!

Uploaded version 1.7.9.
    - fixed bug with db tables containing a conditional string as first entry

This regards your naval_uniforms, AveMil, they should work now.
    Please put bug reports in this thread though so I can quote them (or someone else can help you if you misunderstood something).
    Awesome work dude! Thank you very much! Works now

Sorry about that, I will next time.

I've created an updated installer for PFM 1.7.9, it can be found here:

http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/

I recommend using it, being able to quickly type "pfm" in start->run (Windows button + R) everytime you want to open a new pack file is a time saver. Also "s2d" in start->run takes you to your shogun 2 data folder.

EDIT: Still dying for a pure copy/paste feature, though. CTRL+C on strings inside cells would be awesome as I copy/paste 20 times a minute.
    Last edited by AveiMil; January 24, 2012 at 04:24 PM.

I recommend using it, being able to quickly type "pfm" in start->run (Windows button + R) everytime you want to open a new pack file is a time saver. Also "s2d" in start->run takes you to your shogun 2 data folder.
    Note that you can aslo associate .pack files with pthe pfm, so you just have to doubleclick to open them, that's really convenient. Maybe you can include that in the installer.

Still dying for a pure copy/paste feature, though. CTRL+C on strings inside cells would be awesome as I copy/paste 20 times a minute.
    Yeah havn't gotten around to look at that.
    But why do you enter the cells in the first place and not just copy another cell and paste it without going in?
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Note that you can aslo associate .pack files with pthe pfm, so you just have to doubleclick to open them, that's really convenient. Maybe you can include that in the installer.
    I did not know PFM supported that, great! I'll add that.

Yeah havn't gotten around to look at that.
    But why do you enter the cells in the first place and not just copy another cell and paste it without going in?
    PFM's CTRL+C copy/paste only works on entire cells or rows within that .pack file you're working on. I don't necessarily (most often not) want to copy the entire string inside a cell or an entire row. Besides copying between .pack files does not work this way and very often I need to store information in my clip board between pack14.pack and my own .pack.

Sometimes I just need to add a string behind the string that's already there, like _AOW behind various unit identifiers. Then I have to press on the cell, right click behind the string and click paste every time. Gets tedious after 10 rows. Of course more than that I'll export<->import to .tsv and do it that way.

I've added File Association to .pack files for the PFM installer, download it here:

http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/Pack_File..._1_7_9_EXT.zip

Note: Does not upgrade the previous installer for 1.7.9, if you already installed the first 1.7.9 right click Pack_File_Manager_1_7_9.msi and chose uninstall to manually uninstall it first.

Libertus

I've added File Association to .pack files for the PFM installer, download it here:

http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/Pack_File..._1_7_9_EXT.zip

Note: Does not upgrade the previous installer for 1.7.9, if you already installed the first 1.7.9 right click Pack_File_Manager_1_7_9.msi and chose uninstall to manually uninstall it first.

Hey AveiMil. Great work on those installers. What are you using to build the MSI. Is it WiX or something else?

Libertus

I did not know PFM supported that, great! I'll add that.

PFM's CTRL+C copy/paste only works on entire cells or rows within that .pack file you're working on. I don't necessarily (most often not) want to copy the entire string inside a cell or an entire row. Besides copying between .pack files does not work this way and very often I need to store information in my clip board between pack14.pack and my own .pack.

Sometimes I just need to add a string behind the string that's already there, like _AOW behind various unit identifiers. Then I have to press on the cell, right click behind the string and click paste every time. Gets tedious after 10 rows. Of course more than that I'll export<->import to .tsv and do it that way.
    The reason why CTRL+C is working funny inside a grid is because of a somewhat strange behaviour in the DataGridView control of the .NET framework. (CTRL+X works as you would expect, but CTRL+C does not)

There's a workarround for that. I'll see if I can get that working.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maximus View Post
    Hey AveiMil. Great work on those installers. What are you using to build the MSI. Is it WiX or something else?
    Thank you!

http://www.instedit.com/
    Last edited by AveiMil; January 26, 2012 at 02:08 AM.

daniu, one annoying little bug when you open a .pack file using the file association: the Pack File Manager header does not change to the filename but keeps displaying as "Pack File Manager..." instead of i.e. "blahblah_my.pack".

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

What do you guys use to edit the data in tables. For example, if I want to add new units to the game, how do you add and remove new lines? Do I have to extract all data first and the use another utility change values?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad213Boy View Post
    What do you guys use to edit the data in tables. For example, if I want to add new units to the game, how do you add and remove new lines? Do I have to extract all data first and the use another utility change values?
    I use the clone row button to add new rows, then I just edit the cells I need to change.

Or I export the file to .tsv, open the tsv, make the changes there and then import the .tsv again afterwards.

Feature request: Make variantmodels\units easier to mod.

Currently, there is an export TSV feature, but I cannot import the TSV again. Editing these files within PFM is extremely time consuming and difficult and PFM sometimes produce seemingly random errors at times when editing these files.

Any possibility of adding Import TSV for these files daniu?