Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Sorry Daniu ; the atlas files cannot be opened
    Same error message every time upon 2 OS ( XP & W7) ; any suggestion ?
    Meine Heisst Ehre Treue

Quote Originally Posted by nowerman View Post
    Sorry Daniu ; the atlas files cannot be opened
    Same error message every time upon 2 OS ( XP & W7) ; any suggestion ?
    It's very well possible that .atlas files are broken; I never used them at all, so I have no experience what they even contain. Also, no one ever asked about them so I never put any effort in it.
    That error message looks pretty generic though, might be able to solve it if I find the time (which is not very probably tbh)

Where in the packs can I find .atlas files to open?
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hi Daniu;
    The Atlas files can be found either in model2.pack or in patch15.pack ; units/atlas though the atlas files in the STW2 system engine are not necessary to edit in order to create a new unit ....
    They are crucial in the NTW engine which is more antic . I remember I have used some previous version of your pack with no problem editing the atlas , I don't understand why this version doesn't work. I am mostly working upon NTW and using a PFM ( created by Husserl) which is more or less stable once editing the atlas, the pack can suddenly shut ( crash). - which can be very frustrating after some work.
    The atlas files can be edited safely either using Taw's tools or using the Atlas manager tool created by Desaix . it would be convenient to have them edited by the Pack manager
    Meine Heisst Ehre Treue

hi,

i have only download the pack file manager 2.4.1 from the first page.
    i open the PackFileManager.exe and tell me please poin location of stw, ntw or etw. what i select???
    one year ago i had use pfm 2xx (i don't remember the version) but i was not problem to mode some stat of unit.
    it's possibile to give me an inferior version of pack file manager??

please answer

hi, how can i start use the pfm 2.4.1 on rome 2?

i've this problem!!!
    what i do?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	293158

The Atlas files can be found either in model2.pack or in patch15.pack ; units/atlas though the atlas files in the STW2 system engine are not necessary to edit in order to create a new unit ....
    They are crucial in the NTW engine which is more antic .
    I did some work on it, but sadly after I fixed my bug (the one you see), another one appeared in a library that is being used... and that can't be repaired that easily.
    I'll have to write a completely new editor, but it's not that high on my priority list, with Rome 2 needing work and you having the workaround with the other tools.

Quote Originally Posted by wlf89 View Post
    hi, how can i start use the pfm 2.4.1 on rome 2?
    You can't right now, I'll need to update PFM.
    I will do so in the Rome 2 forum though, so I won't maintain this thread any more to keep things in one place.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Sorry, wrong thread.

Hello I am new to this but I have opened a db file edited its content and resaved, ( I was working on a copy of the original file ) but when I reopened al the change sI did are gone , even if I saved why?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

because you are not supposed to work on original files, but extract the tables and create custom pack file. Original files are read only.

Hi daniu! First, thanks for creating an excelent tool for modders like me. Its awesome!!

But i had a question, are you gonna do a new patch that supports rome 2 soon? Thanks a lot!!

Hi daniu! First, thanks for creating an excelent tool for modders like me. Its awesome!!

But i had a question, are you gonna do a new patch that supports rome 2 soon? Thanks a lot!!

are you gonna do a new patch that supports rome 2 soon? Thanks a lot!!
    I did update the PFM now and updated the version number to 3.x because of it. It still supports Shogun 2 though (as well as ETW and NTW).

To avoid me having to check too many threads, please post all support queries there.
    Thank you.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Hello Sir, i wonder can you help me with this, as you know all of the music and battle loading screen unable to work at this moment, but i hear with manual edit , it still can be use

So i do this , i exact the music (from twosock music mod), and put all of it into the music section in the sound.pack of the game,. I do the same with battle loading screen

But it still not work in game, can you guys tell me what part did i do wrong ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG   Capture2.PNG  

i`m looking for this

Edit: wrong thread
    Last edited by Friar Chris; January 24, 2014 at 01:18 PM.

Scientia potentia est. Eam bene tege!

Plzzz can someone give pack file manager 2.4.1, plzzzz

Laetus

Icon8 PFM can't open data.pack(gold edition)?

Can someone help me with this? When I try to open data.pack I get error message.
    It wasn't a problem before to open any CA pack, but only now with this gold edition.
    Thanks!

Default Re: PFM can't open data.pack(gold edition)?

I've been modding with Pack File Manaager for some time now, and for some reason, certain tables have been highlighted yellow, and any atempe to open them, all i get is,

Failed to open:System.NullReferenceException:Object reference not set to an nistance of an object.
    at DBTableControl.DBEditorTableControl.CreateTable(DBFile table)
    at DBTableControl.DBEditorTableControl.set_CurrentPackedFile(PackedFilevalue)
    at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.OpenPackedFile(IpackedFileEditoreditor, PackedFile packedFile

as you can probably tell, this is kind of a problem, as now i can't finish any of the mods i am working on. Does anyone have any solutions.

Greetings, i have an excel file with 2600 names and i want to control v on names.loc of Rome 2..

When i do that, the program dont accept the changes and names.loc dont turn Red!!!

Why is this Happen?