Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.3 - Buildings Model Editor added

Looks to me like I fixed it; tried it on Radious' Mod and seems to work fine now.
    Since I've just finished the Building Models editor and was going to release anyway, included the fix transparently in the new PFM version.
    Let me know if there are any problems, be it with the normal DB files or building models.

New features:
    - Added buildings model editor
    - Added row number to header column in DB table editor
    - Improved DecodeTool (layout, performance and functionality)
    Bugs:
    - Added file path to invalid PFH header error message
    - Error-proofed GUID table lookup for tables with wrong GUID
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Looking at the model data i don't think

<field name='X1' type='float' />
    <field name='Y1' type='float' />
    <field name='Z1' type='float' />
    <field name='X2' type='float' />
    <field name='Y2' type='float' />
    <field name='Z2' type='float' />
    <field name='X3' type='float' />
    <field name='Y3' type='float' />
    <field name='Z3' type='float' />

is correct....It seem the 3 dimension coorindates are in the cs2.parsed file.....you can ask taws as he is currently trying to unpack the parsed files. Probably best to leave it unknown for now unless you are 100 % sure.

What about this.....can you get the field name to show up in PFM. Just curious why when opening model buildings table the data are in row format and not column format like the other tables?

<schema>
    <table name='models_building_tables'>
    <field name='Building' type='string' /> ***not showing 'building' ***
    <field name='Texture Path' type='string' /> ditto
    <field name='unknown3' type='int' />
    <field name='unknown' type='list' >
    <field name='Piece ID' type='string' /> ditto
    <field name='unknown' type='int' />
    <field name='unknown' type='float' /> possibly vertex1 x,y,z coordinate
    <field name='unknown' type='float' />
    <field name='unknown' type='float' /> possibly vertex2 x,y,z coordinate
    <field name='unknown' type='float' /> possibly vertex3 x,y,z coordinate
    <field name='unknown' type='float' /> possibly vertex4 x,y,z coordinate
    </field>
    </table>
    </schema>

Will use the latest 2.3 PFM and go through it and see if it works 100%.....will let you know tomorrow.

Combo box doesn't work for these in main.pack.

advice_levels - version 0 <field fkey='advice_threads_tables.Thread IDRef' name='Advice Thread' type='string' /> Thread IDRef is wrong...remove Ref

ancillary_info - version 0 <field fkey='ancillaries_tables.ID' name='Ancillary ID' type='string' /> is incorrect should be <field name='Ancillary ID' type='string' pk='true' />

effect_bonus_value_unit_category_junction - version 0

I give up......used my schema_ETW.xml with PFM 2.3 and it worked perfectly.......yours is outdated and still has errors....seriously use mine....it's free

I have removed the model buildings table as i assume it is no longer needed.

You might want to change the program name from pack file manager 2.2 to 2.3

Attachment 239840
    Last edited by coolgit; September 03, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgit View Post
    Combo box doesn't work for these in main.pack.
    I'll look into them. Might do a complete references check later, but it's not that simple with all the versions and patches...

used my schema_ETW.xml with PFM 2.3 and it worked perfectly.......yours is outdated and still has errors....
    I did integrate yours, but before Jinarik's so some changes might get overwritten. I always can only take people's word for what they give me is right, and his are from the DBEditor so I'm assuming they've been used enough to be reasonably trustworthy, even if I guess you can call them "outdated".
    Also, like I said, my main concern is STW, and I don't hear about any problems with that.

I have removed the model buildings table as i assume it is no longer needed.
    Yes, it would be counter-productive, the models schema is read from schema_models.xml. If you want to edit the fields for that editor, change them there.

You might want to change the program name from pack file manager 2.2 to 2.3
    Damn, forgot that. Not going to put up another upload just to get a number correct though
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

PFM 2.3 gives this error :

what should i do ?
    Last edited by Mahmood; September 04, 2012 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mahmood95 View Post
    PFM 2.3 gives this error :
    what should i do ?
    Does this happen on startup?
    Have you tried starting it as Administrator once?
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    I'll look into them. Might do a complete references check later, but it's not that simple with all the versions and patches...

I did integrate yours, but before Jinarik's so some changes might get overwritten. I always can only take people's word for what they give me is right, and his are from the DBEditor so I'm assuming they've been used enough to be reasonably trustworthy, even if I guess you can call them "outdated".
    Also, like I said, my main concern is STW, and I don't hear about any problems with that.

Yes, it would be counter-productive, the models schema is read from schema_models.xml. If you want to edit the fields for that editor, change them there.

Damn, forgot that. Not going to put up another upload just to get a number correct though
    No one complained about by schema so far.....trust me it works.

Are you intending to do any more changes with PFM ? just wondering what the next trick you are going to pull out of the bag....

yes ... it happens on startup , and yes i tried it as administrator but it wasn't opened ...

No one complained about by schema so far.....trust me it works.
    Weeell if I take out all fkeys, it'll still work as well I won't remove them without checking the corresponding table(s) myself first, so please report issues one by one (like you did before, haven't gotten around to them yet though).
    And I hardly heard any complaints about the schemas I provide either... how many users do yours have?

Are you intending to do any more changes with PFM ? just wondering what the next trick you are going to pull out of the bag....
    Yes I do have some ideas, but don't know when I have time for them. Might look into some of the other formats we don't have an editor for yet.

yes ... it happens on startup , and yes i tried it as administrator but it wasn't opened ...
    That's really weird. Does anybody else have that? Because I don't, so I can't really help you with it...
    Last straw to say is you need have .NET 4.0 installed which I guess you do...
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

yes ... i have already .NET 4.0 on my pc
    which version of all of PFM s can show e:tw db tables in itself ? (lowest version has this ability)

yes ... i have already .NET 4.0 on my pc
    which version of all of PFM s can show e:tw db tables in itself ? (lowest version has this ability)
    Try removing the files and install it again outside both 'program' directory.

And I hardly heard any complaints about the schemas I provide either... how many users do yours have?
    Yes but this is in Shogun total war thread and if anyone here download it here....they most probably don't use ETW for the same reason i don't use NTW or STW.....so its tricky to know what's what.

I have no idea how many people have download my schema from ETW....is there a way of knowing as i can't see one......i can see how many people have view the thread but that's about it.

Yes but this is in Shogun total war thread and if anyone here download it here....
    Exactly; I said it before, my main focus is on keeping Shogun editable. If I work in your ETW changes without thoroughly checking, I might lose those references in S2 where they work fine.

Uploaded Version 2.3.1.
    - Rearranged Menus: MyMods Menu now in File menu; Game Menu now in main menu
    - Changed Set Game behavior: now asks if current mod's game should be adjusted
    - Added currently modded game to window title
    - Added Open Directory features; Game: game, data, encyclopedia directories; User: user, scripts, replay directories; MyMod: data directory
    - Added Load All Game Files feature
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.3.1 - Buildings Model Editor added, new browsing features

Export using .csv and neither excel or openoffice will read it properly....is there something wrong?

The file doesn't have a .csv extension either.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.3.1 - Buildings Model Editor added, new browsing features

extract tsv
    import and get this

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.replaceFileToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    PackFileManager
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users//Downloads/Pack%20File%20Manager%202.3/PackFileManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    Filetypes
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users//Downloads/Pack%20File%20Manager%202.3/Filetypes.DLL
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Common
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users//Downloads/Pack%20File%20Manager%202.3/Common.DLL
    EsfLibrary
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users//Downloads/Pack%20File%20Manager%202.3/EsfLibrary.DLL
    ObjectListView
    Assembly Version: 2.3.0.34060
    Win32 Version: 2.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users//Downloads/Pack%20File%20Manager%202.3/ObjectListView.DLL
    FreeImageNET
    Assembly Version: 3.13.1.1
    Win32 Version: 3.13.1.1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users//Downloads/Pack%20File%20Manager%202.3/FreeImageNET.DLL
    EsfControl
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users//Downloads/Pack%20File%20Manager%202.3/EsfControl.DLL
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    DecodeTool
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users//Downloads/Pack%20File%20Manager%202.3/DecodeTool.EXE
    System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Numerics
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Export using .csv and neither excel or openoffice will read it properly....is there something wrong?

I'll look into it when I have the time; haven't touched the tsv export in a while and nobody complained so assumed it was okay.

extract tsv
    import and get this
    [...]
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.replaceFileToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    This is probably because in the tree view, you didn't select the file you wanted to replace. I'll disable the menu item altogether if there is no file selected and add better error handling in case I get it wrong.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Spotted a problem....the number column is not independent.

If i click on a column to rearrange it in alphabetical order the number column also changes so instead of getting 0, 1, 2 ,3 etc....you get 100,3,56,87, etc.

2nd problem can the number start from 1 and not 0...was doing some mod and got 1 line missing....after a while i realised there wasn't anything missing because of 0.....make my adding and subtraction off by 1

the number column is not independent.
    [...]
    2nd problem can the number start from 1 and not 0...was doing some mod and got 1 line missing....after a while i realised there wasn't anything missing because of 0.....make my adding and subtraction off by 1
    Are you using the current PFM version? Because I noticed a bug with the numbering too, but for me it disappears altogether when clicking a column to sort.

The behavior you describe is "correct" in the way that it numbers the items by their appearance in the file, not on screen... but I can see why that would be more useful, so I can change it.
    Starting the numbering with 1 shouldn't be too serious a problem either.

Checked it and the export itself seems fine; the problem is actually the missing extension. My OO manages the import if you just add ".csv" to the exported file (".tsv" doesn't work, OO is picky that way - it's why I introduced that option in the first place ). I don't have Excel so I can't verify that. If you select the "csv" item in the options once, further exports should work.
    It shouldn't be possible for the option to become blank at all though. I'll put in some code to fix that.
    Last edited by daniu; September 10, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Are you using the current PFM version? Because I noticed a bug with the numbering too, but for me it disappears altogether when clicking a column to sort.
    PFM 2.2 i believe - pre model table thingy......yes notice that bug too in my version.

Checked it and the export itself seems fine; the problem is actually the missing extension. My OO manages the import if you just add ".csv" to the exported file (".tsv" doesn't work, OO is picky that way - it's why I introduced that option in the first place ). I don't have Excel so I can't verify that. If you select the "csv" item in the options once, further exports should work.
    It shouldn't be possible for the option to become blank at all though. I'll put in some code to fix that.
    No it doesn't as when you export csv file they are suppose to have commas as tabs so the data shows up clearly in oo or excel......yours doesn't have any commas......unless i am doing something wrong?.....when i make some changes and save it the file suddenly adds all the tab headers. This is proven by using hex editor. if you look at the hex for exported csv or tsv then compare it to the saved version after using oo or excel you will notice at the beginning there are extra informations being saved. Because of this it won't import into PFM.

Why not get excel?....there is a free starter pack.

No it doesn't as when you export csv file they are suppose to have commas as tabs so the data shows up clearly in oo or excel......yours doesn't have any commas......unless i am doing something wrong?
    Yeah, I still use tabs even in csv files; but in OO, you can just select another separator char in the Open dialog and it will open fine.

when i make some changes and save it the file suddenly adds all the tab headers.
    Edit where, in PFM?
    The first three lines (table name, version number, column headers) are needed for the import; they'll be ignored when importing. Don't delete them in your spreadsheet or you'll lose your first actual lines.

if you look at the hex for exported csv or tsv then compare it to the saved version after using oo or excel you will notice at the beginning there are extra informations being saved. Because of this it won't import into PFM.
    So you're having problem with the db import, not the export?

Why not get excel?
    Because I don't need it.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum