Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.2 - Support for ETW/NTW, improved DB references

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Ahem... sorry I meant schema_20.xml. 19 was the one I delivered with PFM 2.2.

You really should get used to specify what you mean by "not work". There are unbelievably many possibilities of what can go wrong.
    Thought you meant 20.

When i go through the tables using PFM 2.? it works smoothly like i said in my txt file. When i use Alpha the combo box stops working saying 'a table references could not be resolved, disabling blah blah blah'. Both test done using my schema file.
    Last edited by coolgit; August 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Your schema 20 from the OP is wrong. You are missing 1 column in agent table.....faction total cap below religion.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgit View Post
    When i go through the tables using PFM 2.? it works smoothly like i said in my txt file. When i use Alpha the combo box stops working saying 'a table references could not be resolved, disabling blah blah blah'. Both test done using my schema file.
    Why the references would work with release version but not with the Alpha, I don't know.
    Why the references don't work with your schema file, I do know: you renamed some tables that were referenced from others, but didn't correct the reference entry.
    Don't worry about that though, I'll correct the references when integrating the names (I did forget about it myself as well in the first go )
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by coolgit View Post
    Your schema 20 from the OP is wrong. You are missing 1 column in agent table.....faction total cap below religion.
    This is one of those cases where the agents_tables with version 0 is different in 2 pack files: main.pack doesn't have the total cap int, patch2.pack does. I added the int to agent_tables to make the more recent file accessible; you'll need to remove it from the definitions using the decode tool if you want to mess around with it in main.pack.

I uploaded schema_22.zip now with both coolgit's and Jinarik's definition entries added. I'm sure they overlapped but since they were both taken from the DBE's xsd, I hope the difference isn't too huge. I ignore tables with names "unknown" (or "Unknown") when integrating so as not to overwrite names that may have existed already.

DB test log file using the latest schema attached.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

running error
    What is that message?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune4394 View Post
    running error
    What is that message?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's what we call an "empty error message"
    You might want to try posting that again.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

sorry~;
    Check attached file
    Last edited by Neptune4394; August 17, 2012 at 06:59 AM.

That means that a) I should give more expressive error messages - the file name would have been nice to be included - and b) that you either copied a pack from your Rome2 installation into an E/N/STW directory or you have a mod installed contained in a pack containing that header which I've never seen before.
    You should probably find out what file it is that's causing the problem. Move all mod files out of the installation folder and start PFM; that should work. Then move the files back in one by one and start PFM every time to see what file was causing it.
    Once you have it, you'd need to open it in a Hex Editor and change the 4th byte (should be "4") to "3". That should then enable the PFM to start again.
    Also let us know what the file was, maybe post it here or link to where you got it.

Or it's a CA file and it's been added yesterday so I missed it. Then I'll need to adjust the software and you'll have to wait until next week.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I uploaded schema_22.zip now with both coolgit's and Jinarik's definition entries added.
    22? or do you mean 21 - that what i get from the first page

Yes, of course.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

That means that a) I should give more expressive error messages - the file name would have been nice to be included - and b) that you either copied a pack from your Rome2 installation into an E/N/STW directory or you have a mod installed contained in a pack containing that header which I've never seen before.
    You should probably find out what file it is that's causing the problem. Move all mod files out of the installation folder and start PFM; that should work. Then move the files back in one by one and start PFM every time to see what file was causing it.
    Once you have it, you'd need to open it in a Hex Editor and change the 4th byte (should be "4") to "3". That should then enable the PFM to start again.
    Also let us know what the file was, maybe post it here or link to where you got it.

Or it's a CA file and it's been added yesterday so I missed it. Then I'll need to adjust the software and you'll have to wait until next week.
    solved a problem
    thanks

I copied everything from the 2.2 zip into a folder and pressed run. After I pressed cancel on NTW I got this screen:

The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Quote Originally Posted by robinzx View Post
    I copied everything from the 2.2 zip into a folder and pressed run. After I pressed cancel on NTW I got this screen:
    The game tries to write a file into its installation folder but fails.
    Did you unpack as admin and then run as a normal user? Looks like.
    If so, start it as admin once (to identify the games on your computer), then you should be able to start it normally as your usual user.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

The game tries to write a file into its installation folder but fails.
    Did you unpack as admin and then run as a normal user? Looks like.
    If so, start it as admin once (to identify the games on your computer), then you should be able to start it normally as your usual user.
    I only have one login on my computer, but I pressed "run as admin" and it works now. Thanks!
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

This latest version of PFM is faulty, many mods including mine cant be open properly in this version. It just cant read most modded db tables.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    This latest version of PFM is faulty, many mods including mine cant be open properly in this version. It just cant read most modded db tables.
    I thought it was just me, but yeah this one is very bad

Same here....I can't edit anything.

Red letters everywhere....

Sorry Daniu

Thought a while about what the problem could be because all the actual game files open fine, and I think I figured it out. I don't think it's actually the PFM that's the problem but the db files you're working on; still not your fault however. I'll need to go into a little more detail.

The structure DB files in ETW and NTW were determined by a combination of the table's name (basically the directory they're in) and a version; starting with STW, a GUID (Globally Unique ID) is also included. The old PFM versions always looked up the definition by table name/version and ignored the GUID altogether. When the new PFM tries to open a file, it first checks whether it has a definition for the table's GUID; if not, it tries to use the name/version one.

My assumption is that the files you're working on have initially been created from an older version, then updated them. This however did not change the GUID contained in the file because it ignored it anyway, and the game didn't care either (it's also never been possible to manually change the GUID). If the new PFM now tries to open this file, it uses the obsolete GUID for the lookup and therefore uses an incorrect schema so it can't open the file. That behavior in itself is correct, but that doesn't help a lot obviously I could go back to using the old lookup system but that has other problems: it won't be able to open some game files because for some of them, the name/version are the same but the structure differs (so they can only be told apart by the GUID).

I'll write up a tool to automatically find a GUID for the db files in your packs. It'll be a standalone one for the time being; I'll integrate something like it in the PFM later.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I'm also having a problem with modded pack files opening incorrectly. Of the mods I am currently using (e.g. DarthMod, Demokritos ACC) almost none of the tables are editable. Specifically, when I try to open a specific table, I get a single blank column.

Thanks for the response Daniu; you really know what's happening!