Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.5 - Fixed Paste of empty cells

gday, i have tried to edit some unit stats in shogun 2 and fall of the samurai. using your PFM and no matter how i have tried to make it work it always shuts down when i go to open the game. help???

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Don't know if this is possible but would it be possible to add an 'open as esf' and 'open in decode tool' to the right click options for all files?
    Yes, that's possible, thought about it myself (especially with the decode tool), but never got around to it.

Also would it be possible for pfm to remember where you extracted the last set of files too and start the extract menu at that location to save navigating through file trees(if this makes sense).
    Yeah that's what it should do by default if you don't use MyMod; but it's surprisingly hard to keep track of that actually (I tried to make a distinction between pack files and extract/import). I don't really want to work on that a lot anymore and instead would like people to use MyMod and improve that. If you have any very common cases that get on your nerves, could you post a step-by-step description? It's possible I just forgot to restore last folder in a single location you use a lot.
    If you do use MyMod, you always start browsing at your current MyMod directory, that should save most of the searching. Is that still too much?
    I'm also thinking of including a "Import file from other pack", would that remove the need for the change you're asking completely?

I'm not at home at the moment and can't say when I'll be able to make any changes; probably not before in two weeks.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

your ur pfm is confusing compared to the old one used for shogun2
    how do you mod shogun with this thing?? just a few steps would help? please?

Have I ever said thank you for this amazing tool? I don't think I have. Thank you very much. It has made Total War games so much more fun by giving me the control to easily change what I dislike. One hundred thousand thousand billion rep/upvotes/karma/likes/cat pictures to you daniu

♔KillZoneGB♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Icon14 Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.5 - Fixed Paste of empty cells

Many thanks for the tool, Gonna have a wee bit of fun

+1 rep

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Best Regards Charlie Simpson
    System
    Processor: i7 4820K Ivy E @ 4.4Ghz (Mild OC), MB Sabertooth X79
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Kit (TBA to 64GB Quad 8X8GB)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 670 Phantom (TBA SLI Nvida xxx)
    Water Cooled

"Add "add to all in column" feature (allowing adding to and renumbering all fields in a number column)"

How to use this feature?? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

I am getting DirectoryNotFoundExeption on "total war shogun 2/data", probably bouse I moved my steam folder at some point. Is there a way to fix this? Steam and games are running fine.

I have the same problem as zaript. I have steam not on C: but on D:, and when I try try open the pack file manager, it says directory cannot not be found (since pack file manager seems only to search in c is there no way to change this? Please?

My Home is my Castle.

Well, I kind of "solved" this problem by creating a symbolic link for steam folder.
    You have to run cmd.exe as administrator and use mklink tool. Dont like this solution, but it works.

Oh, forgot to ask. Can anyone point me to where in pack files map thumbnails can be found?

zaript, can you tell me exactly what to type in cmd.exe to make it from d:\steam\steamapps... to c:\steam\steamapps..., I always get an syntax error.

My Home is my Castle.

You should always be carefull when using something with administrator priveliges! So before doing this - please check google on the matter to be sure.

What I did is:
    -------------------------------------------
    mklink /j "C:\Program Files (x86)/steam" "<your steam folder location>"
    -------------------------------------------

You can use tab key to autocomplete folder names. Saves some typo searching time.

BTW this probably will not work in XP.

zaript, thanks a lot. But I guess I'll stay away from it anyway. I don't really understand what this actually does and how I revert it. Guess I'll never be able to use the pack manager again.

My Home is my Castle.

Yes, it is natural for me coming from linux background but might be confusing for windows user.
    Basically, symlink is link, like the ones you have on desktop, but when some application try to access that link it is seem like folder, not link. It is not windows but NTFS filesystem feature if I am not mistaken. Nothing dangerous but shouldnt be used if concept is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by zaript View Post
    I am getting DirectoryNotFoundExeption on "total war shogun 2/data", probably bouse I moved my steam folder at some point. Is there a way to fix this? Steam and games are running fine.
    What the PFM does is look up the install path in the registry.
    What you can do to fix it besides the symlink solution is to edit it:
    In Start Menu, type "regedit" into the search input box; it should find "regedit.exe"
    Click it; this starts the registry editor
    Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 34330";
    There are several keys on the right; one is "InstallLocation". It should still read "C:\..." from before you moved Steam, change it to "D:\...", that should fix it.

You probably need to be Administrator to do this, didn't try it myself.
    Does the error prevent PFM from running altogether? I hope not.

Oh, forgot to ask. Can anyone point me to where in pack files map thumbnails can be found?
    No, didn't find those either...
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Does the error prevent PFM from running altogether? I hope not.
    It starts, just dont show packs. I just realized I could have opened them by hand. So stupid, not even funny.

It starts, just dont show packs. I just realized I could have opened them by hand. So stupid, not even funny.
    That's good to hear.
    And it is a bit funny

Quote Originally Posted by epaacccc View Post
    "Add "add to all in column" feature (allowing adding to and renumbering all fields in a number column)"
    How to use this feature?? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.
    Right-click the column header of the number column; the context menu that pops up has an "Edit" item containing the two options.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Hi. Iv been trying to edit diplomacy_negotiation_strings_tables and reduce the negative points you get. For example i changed marriage from 100 to 150, but i still get only 100 in game. Same with the other negative and postive points. I edited the stat, removed "ca packs are read only" and saved, but still no luck =(.

Thanks

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Is it possible to create a mod without using the added MyMod pack file management feature
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |