Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.5 - Fixed Paste of empty cells

Good morning

You are right ; I must had mixed the packs ; everything working for me
    thanks a bunch

Is it know which directories need to be in the .pack so that combo cells can be used?

I liked having them in, but didn't like having a 4 GB file (I used patch15.pack as a base). Granted, I probably won't distribute the mod so I guess it doesn't really matter, but still - if I ever decide to and plus in the interests of being 'tidy', I wanted to trim it down.

But after seeing the combo cells, I want to keep them in.

Seems, though, even with the a lot of the db folder still in tact, I get the unresolved reference box coming up and can't use the combo cells.

Edit: They seem to come and go...I had them up earlier so I thought I was making progress (I tried adding directories that had the information that the combo boxes had like for unit type and other areas to see if I can get more to appear), but I opened the mod now, and it says it couldn't resolve a table reference. Darn.
    Last edited by Seyal; May 17, 2012 at 01:37 AM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.3 - GridError fixed

Quote Originally Posted by pnbjunior View Post
    I found the path to market food_comsuption and I have changed the value to 0 but it didn't work. When I load or start a new game the food comsuption of these buildings still the same.

What did I do wrong??

The path is data.pack -> db -> building_effects_junction_tables.

Why my food comsuption changes doesn't work?
    I set the pack file from release to movie but when I double click to play the game it appears an error message that the game "has stopped working".

Could someone show me a tutorial how to use PFM, please??
    PLEASE GUYS I WANT TO REMOVE FOOD REQUIREMENTS FROM MARKET BUILDINGS... I'M BEGGING YOU, HELP ME, PLEASE!!

Several other mods have done this, go find them in the mod section and look at what they did (no idea how to do it myself)
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Hello, back when i was using 2.1.4 there were times, NOT ALWAYS, that when i try to clone a row, it would not clone. Has anyone ever had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by veliem View Post
    Hello, back when i was using 2.1.4 there were times, NOT ALWAYS, that when i try to clone a row, it would not clone. Has anyone ever had this problem?
    It does clone the row, if you only have 1 row in the table you will see it clone properly, but if you have say 5 rows, if you tell it to clone row 1 what it will actually do is clone row 4. The further down the list of rows you go (from what I can tell) the further down the list that the actual row is cloned.
    So clone row 1 might clone row 4, but clone row 8 will clone row 50 etc.

In the unit variant model db, a similar thing happens when you try to delete texture/mesh entries. It at least deletes from the body part list you clicked on but it is a lucky draw which body part you want out will get deleted. See image.

@ Dainu, yes I am aware that cloned rows should appear below the row you are cloning, this is why the problem is so odd and frustrating - because if you have more then a few units it is hard to even find the cloned row at all. Or or effectively dictate what units will look like when the unit model editing function works as a roulette table

@Dainu2 - I have a friend who is trying to get into the source code for the PFM in the OP for this thread, but so far he has been unsuccessful. He is looking to develop some more functionality for the PFM, at the moment in particular to modify a unit from a single screen i.e. all its fighting stats (atk, def, number of men, armor, blah blah), name, weapon, weapon animation, etc so from a single UI you can you can manipulate key values.
    Second task is to copy units out of a pack file into a new pack file with its own db key tables. So from the main data.pack in S2/data you could copy bow ashigaru from the pack and PFM would spit out a new pack with just the key dbs for that unit which only contain entries for just that unit. End result is a .pack that has a copy of bow ashigaru in it. From there the idea is that you can use the previously mentioned UI to manipulate the units important stats easily and quickly.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by veliem View Post
    I don't have that issue, but for some reason, clone row is cloning the row ABOVE the one I have highlighted...and it just started doing that today...(For example, I have Row ABC highlighted, but instead of cloning ABC, it's clone DEF above it...so I have two Row DEFs and just one of the row I actually wanted to clone)

Strange to say the least! But at least it does work.

I'm using 2.1.5

Libertus

PLEASE GUYS I WANT TO REMOVE FOOD REQUIREMENTS FROM MARKET BUILDINGS... I'M BEGGING YOU, HELP ME, PLEASE!!
    Well, I personally felt that simply editing the tables with PFM was incredibly easy... to do what you want to do, you first need to create a mod pack file and add the appropriate db file and edit a value in the table.

Step by step.

- Using My Mods menu, create a new mod. You will be asked to choose a directory in which the folder containing your mod will be created.

- PFM will then prompt you to choose a data pack from which you wish to extract data. You could simply start from data.pack, or start from the latest patch pack(patch20.pack as of this writing). The difference is that the latest patch pack file will have the most up-to-date values that reflect the balancing patches released by CA. I believe the tables for the expansions released later on are not on data.pack as well...

- Go to db. In here you will find everything that you will need for a simple tweak.

- Among the items in the drop-down list, locate the table: building_effects_junction_tables.
    - Remove all tables beside the one(s) that you will be modifying.

I think it's pretty easy to go from there. BUT just to be sure that you don't get lost...

- The first column will be labeled: Building IDRef. It's fairly easy to understand, since... well, they contain the building names in the IDs. Once you have located the market chain buildings, you will see that they have a few effects(as you can see in the next column--Effect IDRef). You must edit one of them to get rid of the food requirements. Hopefully, it's not terribly hard to figure out.

Once you figured this out, you can then go on to study more tables, experiment, experience some confusion and face the occasional failure, and finally, get a good grasp of how to work with PFM. It's not that hard, really.

P.S. Look further around the tutorials sections. While you may not find ways to do exactly what you want to accomplish, but the resources there will teach you enough so that you can figure out how to do stuff with PFM. If you get stumped, the mod workshop has places where you can ask questions.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Seyal View Post
    I don't have that issue, but for some reason, clone row is cloning the row ABOVE the one I have highlighted...and it just started doing that today...(For example, I have Row ABC highlighted, but instead of cloning ABC, it's clone DEF above it...so I have two Row DEFs and just one of the row I actually wanted to clone)

Strange to say the least! But at least it does work.

I'm using 2.1.5
    I've been experiencing this issue intermittently as well. I can't figure out exactly why this happens...

It just occurs randomly. More times than not, the clone row function works properly, but sometimes it'd just clone a random row instead of the one I've selected. Usually I just relaunch PFM and the issue leaves me... for a while.

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but it seems to me that the colum unkown13 in unit_stats_land controls the armour value of the unit. So unless somebody else knows other wise you should label it in the next update to the PFM.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    It does clone the row, if you only have 1 row in the table you will see it clone properly, but if you have say 5 rows, if you tell it to clone row 1 what it will actually do is clone row 4. The further down the list of rows you go (from what I can tell) the further down the list that the actual row is cloned.
    So clone row 1 might clone row 4, but clone row 8 will clone row 50 etc.

In the unit variant model db, a similar thing happens when you try to delete texture/mesh entries. It at least deletes from the body part list you clicked on but it is a lucky draw which body part you want out will get deleted. See image.

@ Dainu, yes I am aware that cloned rows should appear below the row you are cloning, this is why the problem is so odd and frustrating - because if you have more then a few units it is hard to even find the cloned row at all. Or or effectively dictate what units will look like when the unit model editing function works as a roulette table

@Dainu2 - I have a friend who is trying to get into the source code for the PFM in the OP for this thread, but so far he has been unsuccessful. He is looking to develop some more functionality for the PFM, at the moment in particular to modify a unit from a single screen i.e. all its fighting stats (atk, def, number of men, armor, blah blah), name, weapon, weapon animation, etc so from a single UI you can you can manipulate key values.
    Second task is to copy units out of a pack file into a new pack file with its own db key tables. So from the main data.pack in S2/data you could copy bow ashigaru from the pack and PFM would spit out a new pack with just the key dbs for that unit which only contain entries for just that unit. End result is a .pack that has a copy of bow ashigaru in it. From there the idea is that you can use the previously mentioned UI to manipulate the units important stats easily and quickly.
    That is not the case for me. There are usually only about 15-20 items in the list that i wanted to clone. If it really is cloning something that i did not meant for it to clone, i would have spot it. And just to be on the safe side, i went back and check and there are no unwanted duplicated.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    I have a friend who is trying to get into the source code for the PFM in the OP for this thread, but so far he has been unsuccessful.
    Well if I knew what his problem was...

He is looking to develop some more functionality for the PFM, at the moment in particular to modify a unit from a single screen i.e. all its fighting stats (atk, def, number of men, armor, blah blah), name, weapon, weapon animation, etc so from a single UI you can you can manipulate key values.
    Like this?
    I was thinking about doing something like this, but it's actually a lot of effort to do on the side, and I don't really have that kind of time. Not to mention that I never edited units myself.
    If he manages to get the source code, it'd probably be best to get into contact with me because I have a pretty clear picture about how this should be approached to keep the code manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanescent View Post
    I've been experiencing this issue intermittently as well. I can't figure out exactly why this happens...
    It just occurs randomly. More times than not, the clone row function works properly, but sometimes it'd just clone a random row instead of the one I've selected. Usually I just relaunch PFM and the issue leaves me... for a while.
    If you manage to find a pattern, do let me know so I can fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by hochmeister devin View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but it seems to me that the colum unkown13 in unit_stats_land controls the armour value of the unit. So unless somebody else knows other wise you should label it in the next update to the PFM.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519572
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Like this?
    I was thinking about doing something like this, but it's actually a lot of effort to do on the side, and I don't really have that kind of time. Not to mention that I never edited units myself.
    If he manages to get the source code, it'd probably be best to get into contact with me because I have a pretty clear picture about how this should be approached to keep the code manageable.

I've got a similar tool such as that reasonably far into development. I learned quite a bit from the old pfm sources, but didn't use the Common dll. I've wrote most of the functionality from scratch, seeing as the Common package isn't very suited to specific unit editing

I wasn't planning on doing a S2 version, but if you (rob-a-dogg) want to work with me on this, or have any questions, feel free to send me a pm.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

I followed the advice given before. I created my own mod with PFM and I put the correct startpos.esf file in it along with the required directory and the game still fails to recognize the changes I make it just flat out ignores them. The game runs fine but it will not recognize the changes made. Is there anyway I can force Shogun 2 to recognize the changes made.

I was trying to modify the end year for the Oda.

@Evanescent

Thanks man. I'm at work now but when I get home I'll try this.

Also @Daniu, your column headers are waaay out of date. After CA released the schemas for ETW & NTW, I made an update here. Id imagine nearly all of the information is relevant to S2, and considering that link contains almost 600 new column definitions you may want to look into it!
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Also @Daniu, your column headers are waaay out of date. After CA released the schemas for ETW & NTW, I made an update here. Id imagine nearly all of the information is relevant to S2, and considering that link contains almost 600 new column definitions you may want to look into it!
    I don't use the DBFileTypes anymore at all (nor the .xsd although it's still checked in), everything is in the schema.xml. I'm not aware of any entirely undefined tables (well, only a few) in my current schema, so I wouldn't call it entirely out of date In fact, that post was my starting point and I have corrected several definitions since then.
    Some column names may not have survived the transition, but I've put too much time into that at the time to start with it again... you're welcome to translate them to schema.xml of course. Please make sure to not destroy anything that was figured out in the meantime, as well as the version_end data to stay downward compatible; actually that was what was eating most of the effort.
    Last edited by daniu; May 21, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Hello! How do I start the pack file manager, if I don't have steam installed in the default directory? I have steam on harddisk D: and not C: and when I try to launch the pack file manager, there is an error message, that the pack files can not be located in c:\steam\shogun 2\whatever...

My Home is my Castle.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Don't know if this is possible but would it be possible to add an 'open as esf' and 'open in decode tool' to the right click options for all files?

Also would it be possible for pfm to remember where you extracted the last set of files too and start the extract menu at that location to save navigating through file trees(if this makes sense).
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; May 28, 2012 at 01:50 PM.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post

Also would it be possible for pfm to remember where you extracted the last set of files too and start the extract menu at that location to save navigating through file trees(if this makes sense).
    I'll second that request It's a small concern on it's own, but the frequency is a hair puller.

edit: Although it would seem using the "my mod" feature" renders this irrelevant. Hadn't given that much of a test drive.
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; May 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM.