Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.3 - GridError fixed

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    It is not only indicative as it should be.
    If you extract the db it has the name for example "unit_stats_land - version 16" and not "unit_stats_land".
    Oh... it usually doesn't do that.
    There is a bit of a problem with the editing of the name though, you probably did that along the way:
    If you rename the node and keep the "- version XX" in, it'll get added to the table name.
    I'll fix that obviously, probably will have time for that on the weekend; until then, you can just change it back by removing the "-version" part when renaming; then it shouldn't get extracted with it anymore, and it won't get saved into the pack file either.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Yes I had done this in my tests and the renaming worked with previous version of the launcher 1.6.6. But not with 2.0.x. It persisted to put version number in the name.
    But I may be wrong. Have not retired with the latest version. Nevertheless, It would be better that you check it again. Thanks.

v2.1.3

tsv's are exported as .csv's, and instead of being exported directly to my activated 'my mod' folder or allowing me to choose where they go (which i found useful) they are forced into the db folder structure i.e. exporting the db 'units' creates in my mod folder 'db->units_tables->units.csv'

Is this intentional?

(to clarify i can work with the csv's fine, it is just a hassle having to manually open excel and then going file>open>browse to csv>switch view to all files >open csv every time i want to open a table.
    Rightclick>openwith>always open with this does not set the association for tsv's to my excel for some reason either. This causes it to open with open office haha)
    Last edited by rob-a-dogg; May 11, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pnbjunior View Post
    Outlawstar I found the path to market food_comsuption and I have changed the value to 0 but it didn't work. When I load or start a new game the food comsuption of these buildings still the same.

What did I do wrong??

The path is data.pack -> db -> building_effects_junction_tables.

Please could you help me out??
    C'mon guys... could somebody help me with my issue above?

Why my food comsuption changes doesn't work?

atila9000's Avatar Decanus

when i try to launch the .exe, it appears an error message saying that i must have a version of .netframework.
    any ideas?

pnbjunior - set your pack type from patch to movie

atila9000 - well then get the newest version of the .netframework, that is what the error tells you to do
    ----------------------

Hi Rob a dog can you instruct me on how to COPY / PAST 1 row from one Stat land to another ( Does your CtrlC CtrlV ) is working with this version ?
    TKS

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    tsv's are exported as .csv's, and instead of being exported directly to my activated 'my mod' folder or allowing me to choose where they go (which i found useful) they are forced into the db folder structure i.e. exporting the db 'units' creates in my mod folder 'db->units_tables->units.csv'
    Is this intentional?
    Yes. The rationale is that the folder structure below your mod folder is basically an exact representation of the pack file itself. The advantage is that when using the "Add file" function from the main menu, the import can directly go to the correct folder within the pack.
    EDIT: just found out that the add file doesn't work as it should. Fixing that.

(to clarify i can work with the csv's fine, it is just a hassle having to manually open excel and then going file>open>browse to csv>switch view to all files >open csv every time i want to open a table.
    Rightclick>openwith>always open with this does not set the association for tsv's to my excel for some reason either. This causes it to open with open office haha)
    I must agree the switch to the csv extension was a bit egoistical of me, although more than I thought it was. I don't have Excel so I always use OpenOffice, and OO can't even open tsv files with the import function. I was assuming it did work in Excel so I thought it wouldn't do harm to change it...
    I added a feature request to introduce an option for the default extension.

Quote Originally Posted by atila9000 View Post
    when i try to launch the .exe, it appears an error message saying that i must have a version of .netframework.
    Yes, install it from Microsoft; Google ".net 4.0 download".
    I'd post a link but the result is different between countries.

Quote Originally Posted by nowerman View Post
    can you instruct me on how to COPY / PAST 1 row from one Stat land to another ( Does your CtrlC CtrlV ) is working with this version ?
    Export to tsv, open with OpenOffice, copy/paste rows, reimport.
    I'll add this as a feature but it's somewhat more complicated than I have time for right now.
    EDIT: actually I just realized there is a more fundamental bug in the copy/paste which prevents it. I'm fixing that.
    Last edited by daniu; May 12, 2012 at 07:35 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.4 - Copy/Paste between packs

Uploaded version 2.1.4:
    - Fixed copy/paste with header column selected (fixes copy/paste between different packs)
    - Fixed add locations when adding files or importing tsvs with active MyMod
    - Added option for default TSV export extension
    - Prevent adding the "- version XX" indication to DB files on rename

The copy/paste still only copies values, not whole rows; that means you need to create empty rows, then select them to copy into them.
    Last edited by daniu; May 12, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

pnbjunior - set your pack type from patch to movie
    I did this but when I double click to play the game it appears an error message that the game "has stopped working".

Could someone show me a tutorial how to use PFM, please??

That is odd Dainu, when using Open Office all it took for me to open a tsv was to double click the icon. It recognised and opened the file fine every time.
    Cheers for the tsv option, saves me a bit of hassle.

My issue with Excel not opening tsvs is known and unfixable apparently. I will have to settle for manually opening an instance of Excell and dragging the tsv file into it. I dont like Open Office because you cant select a whole row/column and copy paste it to another window unless you completely replace destination row/column. So for example if you want to nab an entire row from Land_stats_unit and plonk it into a new sheet that has a heading column you dont want to overwrite (i.e. I use the screen name of the unit) you cannot do this. Open Office errors and says the space is not big enough. Which is a laugh since 95% of what is copying is empty cells anyway.
    ----------------------

v2.1.4

Clone row command is not always (for me 1 in 10 times is correct) cloning the correct row.

See image. In this example i tried to clone the top row (euro_cannon) and Bow_Cav_Choso. the cannon resulted in a new entry for Onna_Bushi, and i cant even see where the bow_cav line cloned. Cant be bothered finding it either as there are several hundred rows to trawl through.

Not sure what causes the problem. If only one row is in table clones fine.
    ----------------------

Hello, can anyone explain or send me some guide threads how to change unit stats and make it works in game. i found it a bit complicated

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    No of course not.
    What error does it give?
    this (from 2.1.3) and also happen in 2.1.4
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; November 12, 2012 at 05:30 AM.

hi
    Daniu;
    there are 2 small problems
    1 ) Rename in units / in variantmodels : The name is not apparently renamed ( You can't see any change at first) ; you need to save the pack and reopen it to see the new names
    2) problem with combo box ; ( I never use it) , but it seems that something prevent it .... the message is .... Disabling combobox because cannot read .....

Ctrl C Ctrl V still not working ; All column are shifted

Clone row command is not always (for me 1 in 10 times is correct) cloning the correct row.
    Not sure what causes the problem. If only one row is in table clones fine.
    What might be causing it is that you're trying to clone rows that are not next to each other.
    Clone of single and neighboring rows seem to work fine for me; there seems to be an issue with enabling the button though, will investigate (won't have time before next week though).

BTW you shouldn't need to look for the cloned rows, they are supposed to be created right below the original.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    this (from 2.1.3) and also happen in 2.1.4
    Hmmmm... that doesn't look like something I can investigate at all without being able to reproduce myself.
    If you can identify anything that makes the time between these shorter, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by nowerman View Post
    1 ) Rename in units / in variantmodels : The name is not apparently renamed ( You can't see any change at first) ; you need to save the pack and reopen it to see the new names
    Well the variant model editor is on my list for a complete rewrite. Never touched it, was in like this when I took over the PFM.

2) problem with combo box ; ( I never use it) , but it seems that something prevent it .... the message is .... Disabling combobox because cannot read .....
    You're probably working on your own mod file with only a few db tables in it.
    This means that the reference tables of the columns you're looking at aren't available; this used to cause a very, ver obnoxious error which all but broke PFM before 2.1.3, you're seeing the softened version

Ctrl C Ctrl V still not working ; All column are shifted
    Not sure what you mean.
    You do need to select the cells you want to copy into.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Hello
    About the problem COPY/PAST

this screenshot will explain more

All the DATA are misplaced

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.1.5 - Fixed Paste of empty cells

Yes, that actually illustrated it perfectly.
    The problem was that empty cells get left out on paste.

Uploaded update version 2.1.5
    - Fixed Paste of empty cells
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

good evening

Still problem ;

many cells are mixed (misplaced)

Are you sure you're using the new version (you covered the title bar)?
    It doesn't do that for me anymore, copy/paste between unit_stats_land tables works without problems.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum