Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.5

I think I know the issue. Have a gander in patch15.pack > sounds > sfx > weapons

I haven't checked all of them, but the .wav files in arquebus and arrows folder are all 0 bytes. Clearly something's wrong there.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

I haven't been able to mod the unit_stats_land list...is there a problem with this PFM?
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Any progress on units.table? That sound bug on bow units is annoying as hell and nothing helps, not even complete rewrite from latest patch.packs.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Like I said, I for one am not working on it; I can't think of another definition for units_tables that makes it readable; and if it's the only affected table, it can't be the PFM's saving mechanism having a bug either.
    I don't have time to try this out right now, but what happens if you create a mod pack with only the unedited units_tables from patch17? Does the sound get messed up then?
    Because if not, there must be something else we're missing.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I put the units tables alone and unmodded to a single pack to load as Movie and Patch type but again the sounds were messed. What a weird issue is this I cannot understand. Maybe you should ask CA if you talk with them Daniu.

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

that is a sound idea...
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Icon4 Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    In my Unit pack 3 which will be soon out i created 33 new custom units and all works fine in custom and campaigns, to make them work dont forget to put units to buildings, give the buildings unique numbers which are not shared by some other units and ofcourse allow the unit in groupings_military_permissions as a Boshin so they can be in Boshin campaign.
    Good share Radious, I was having the same problem as Agostinos
    I look forward to getting my changes corrected and making use of your Unit pack+ rep

Don't know whether it's right to put it in here but I have a problem with unit creating: I edited all required files via PFM (I already created some units successfully), and the unit appears in the Game, but without picture and name. Here is a screenshot:

The whole barrack information box on the left hand is wrong positioned and my unit is pictureless... sho
    I edited all files shown here shown here in this tutorial. I have no idea why this happens, and I searched for typos three times.
    Last edited by Carthago; April 11, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

darth, try if you still have the problem with the new patch of the game

Blog Entries

Glad to be of service leave a message if it's successful .

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Carthago,

I came across this too. I suspect it relates to a unit or something that doesn't have a proper text entry. I had a unit attached to a fort in a modded S2 campaign that did not have a text entry for it's name, but adding the text entry fixed the issue.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Unfortunately it still does not work...
    Then it must be PFM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Carthago,

I came across this too. I suspect it relates to a unit or something that doesn't have a proper text entry. I had a unit attached to a fort in a modded S2 campaign that did not have a text entry for it's name, but adding the text entry fixed the issue.
    did you cloned the row's ? maybe it left out a few entries.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Its in rows, sound bug is in rows. it wrongly reads tables and getting infected by original files. For example if in original units.table in row 6 is some rifle/cannon unit and in yours 6.row is bow unit it will somehow get the rifle/canon sound. tested it like that and noticed some bow got cannon sounds and some rifle sounds when they are in same rows as original musket/cannon. Very very weird issue.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

I have now tried to reproduce the issue and failed.
    Starting from path18.pack, I tried: 1. copy the file and set pack type to movie to override the original patch 18; 2. load the file in PFM and save as-is, setting the type to movie again; 3. extract units table and save in a separate pack with type movie.
    Played custom battle in each setup, no irregularities.

Please someone post a minimal way to actually see the problem in game?
    Something like "save units tables as mod file, edit user script to load it, start game, create custom battle with general+bow kachi vs general+katana kachi -> bow kachi firing produces matchlock firing sounds".
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

well that solved the first part of the issue, but there is no unit card for my unit... and no unit model, I assume. I cloned all rows from the Azure Dragon Force, and I fought that the model and the unit card would have been copied, too, but in a battle, the following thing appeared:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have no idea, why...

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    I have now tried to reproduce the issue and failed.
    Starting from path18.pack, I tried: 1. copy the file and set pack type to movie to override the original patch 18; 2. load the file in PFM and save as-is, setting the type to movie again; 3. extract units table and save in a separate pack with type movie.
    Played custom battle in each setup, no irregularities.

Please someone post a minimal way to actually see the problem in game?
    Something like "save units tables as mod file, edit user script to load it, start game, create custom battle with general+bow kachi vs general+katana kachi -> bow kachi firing produces matchlock firing sounds".
    Daniu try to play a naval battle and take wooden frigates. These are plagued by the sound mess issue and their cannons make no sound when they fire.
    If you somehow hear sounds from them (do not change ammunition, leave solid shots) then we must all re-try.

**EDIT** This is the easiest way to test. Play naval battles with wooden frigates.

Smirk's Avatar Libertus

I have managed to clear up all my sound problems by going through all my modded packs and removing all 'official clone' lines. By this I mean any line that is in your mods but is unmodded.

So if you have copied the whole of the units file but only changed some of them, then remove all entries that you HAVEN'T changed.

Worked like a charm for me. No more sound issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    I have managed to clear up all my sound problems by going through all my modded packs and removing all 'official clone' lines. By this I mean any line that is in your mods but is unmodded.

So if you have copied the whole of the units file but only changed some of them, then remove all entries that you HAVEN'T changed.

Worked like a charm for me. No more sound issues.
    This suggests, rather than a problem with the db table encoding, a bug in the game engine itself when attempting to override db entries.

To help debug certain points: To both those who do and don't have the sound problem, it would help if you precised whether or not you rename the units table (e.g. to mymod_units), whether you use a mod or movie pack, and whether there are any other mod/movie packs in your data folder that might edit the units table.

I myself have never encountered the sound bug, but I admit to creating my own submod pack with a bunch of changes to the units table (I use quick excel vba scripts to go through the data and re-adjust things like upkeep, recruitment costs, men-per-unit counts, etc. to my liking) as the first thing after installing pretty much any mod (except when trying to help test something), even before playing it once. As such, I have no idea which of my changes if any would be responsible for "fixing" it.