Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Icon4 Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranker View Post
    By default, the PFM should never save your "patch 17", because by default CA files are read-only.

If you meant your own custom pack file copied from patch 17, then yes, by default it'll be saved in "Mod" format. You'll need to add "mod [packname].pack;" (without quotes or brackets) to your user.script file for the mod to take effect.

Where is the user.script file located? "I found the file in roaming apps"

However, with the user.script txt including the line ( mod ninja_Shogun2.pack; ) and the mod pack in the C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data. I'm still not seeing the changes when I go to play Fall of the Samurai. Can someone please help?
    I'm sorry to say that I had to piggy backed off someone elses mod that makes use of the movie method.
    Thanks again to DaFranker for your around the bush way of helping your fellow board members{hope you like that rep...}
    Oh how I miss the old days, All this time wasting did give me a chance to see Darth is really into this game, so let me give a shout out to him the Master Modder.
    Anyways, daniu great work without your tool this and every game after MTW2 would just be another shelf game.
    Last edited by Radioman; April 05, 2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: edit

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by promulgacja View Post
    Hey guys.
    I need some advice.
    Whole weekend i trying to replace music for Shogun TW2. Everytime i change sound.pack (using FPM 2.0.5) my game just crash.
    When i do this with Shogun 2 FotS its fine, music changed successful. Empire TW? Np at all.
    Why i cant do this with original Shogun 2?
    I even handle with loop music in Empire but im helpless with STW2 music change.
    Help!

Really, no ONE know how to do that? Such big community and talented guys

Quote Originally Posted by promulgacja View Post
    Really, no ONE know how to do that? Such big community and talented guys
    You're in the wrong thread. This one is about the PFM tool itself only; usage questions, bug reports and feature requests.

If you want to get any help related to actual S2 modding, it's best to ask in the appropriate subforums, in your case Sounds & Other Media.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Ok mate, i just thing that this problem is related to the PFM 2.0.5.

Did a bit more messing around with the source code. Added myself a few hotkeys (such as that much-looked-forward-to F2-to-rename-db, which was really just a simple setting in Visual Studio's Control Properties editor, heh) for ease of use, and I think I might have found (read: accidentally stumbled into) a way to integrate standard text commands and shortcuts while in element edit mode (aka either while renaming a dir or table in the pack, or while editing the text in a cell) so you can more easily copy-cut-paste partial values and whatnot. That's obviously very low priority though, and I might skip it in favor of other things.

More importantly though, and something that IMO kind of accentuates how moot that last feature would be, is that I've been looking at how to add the much-needed "Export All DB to TSV" option, and have been trying to evaluate how complex it might be to implement its reciprocate, "Import All TSV from Directory".

Also, and this is one of the reasons I'm posting here: Seems there's more glitching with SourceForge (again). Now the issue tracker doesn't seem to display all comments properly, and when I try to post one it'll show all the comments on that issue (which weren't visible beforehand), but doesn't seem to actually register (or simply doesn't display) my own comment. Geh =\

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Adding db files doesn't work good, then I can't read it anymore.
    only when I add an directory

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranker View Post
    More importantly though, and something that IMO kind of accentuates how moot that last feature would be, is that I've been looking at how to add the much-needed "Export All DB to TSV" option, and have been trying to evaluate how complex it might be to implement its reciprocate, "Import All TSV from Directory".
    It's going to be very easy, the bugs on FotS were just even more important and I'm just busy working on ESF now.
    It's really only a for loop to creating directories and calling the TextDbCodec on the contained packed db files.

Also, and this is one of the reasons I'm posting here: Seems there's more glitching with SourceForge (again). Now the issue tracker doesn't seem to display all comments properly, and when I try to post one it'll show all the comments on that issue (which weren't visible beforehand), but doesn't seem to actually register (or simply doesn't display) my own comment. Geh =\
    Yeah the Tracker has several problems, I still have an issue open on that. But adding comments is limited to registered SF users anyway, so if you're not logged in, you won't be able to comment
    The SVN works now though.
    Are you going to join the project or not? Waiting for your SF name.

I'm also having 2.0.6 in the pipeline, just waiting for someone to verify the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Adding db files doesn't work good, then I can't read it anymore.
    only when I add an directory
    Yes, there needs to be a db/<dbtype>/<file> structure for the PFM to be able to tell what database schema to use.
    If you don't do it like this, the game won't recognize it either anyway.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Blog Entries

Im used from my ETW PFM that I do not have that problem, as it automatically makes the nodes so that why I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    It's going to be very easy, the bugs on FotS were just even more important and I'm just busy working on ESF now.
    It's really only a for loop to creating directories and calling the TextDbCodec on the contained packed db files.
    Well, the only real obstacle is pretty much just getting my bearings in the code and finding which methods to use if any exists. Same thing as whenever any coder starts fiddling with code he's never seen before

So far I'm assuming I can just copy the extractFiles routine and related components and add a check to export only db tables (and sanitize the unnecessary functionality that has nothing to do with dbs), then as you just said call the codec on them. Doesn't seem like I can make them do what's needed outright without possibly breaking a bunch of references I might not know about in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    [snip]
    The SVN works now though.
    Are you going to join the project or not? Waiting for your SF name.

I'm also having 2.0.6 in the pipeline, just waiting for someone to verify the issues..
    [snip]
    Sure, my SourceForge nickname should just be "dafrankerxd". And yeah, the critical part is being able to get the code.
    Last edited by DaFranker; April 04, 2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Hurr Durr mistake in my own username.

Unfortunately the unit_tables file is not read correctly and it becomes corrupted. Could you please look to it again?

Blog Entries

Your sure darth ?
    I had no problems at all.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

I haven't had any issue with it either. Was it working for some time before corruption?

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

I think he talks about sound problem in units table, where bow units sounds as cannons/muskets. I wasnt able to find what is causing it and how to fix it, but some bow (not all) sounds like that.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Yes, I am sure. You can try to add unit tables vanilla only to see that sounds get messed up (to some units not all, that is the strange thing).

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Yes, I am sure. You can try to add unit tables vanilla only to see that sounds get messed up (to some units not all, that is the strange thing).
    So the problem is with sounds only, correct? When you say "corrupted" do you mean the files cause crashes and/or become unreadable? Or that the data in the table is getting changed somehow (with the sounds)?

The PFM reads the info incorrectly in a column so when saved the game does not understand the relevant data and produces these weird sound issues.

Do you know which column(s) it is exactly? It's all in my best interest to help figure out that one, all things considered

My guess is that it's not units_tables itself but a sound-related one it refers to, otherwise you'd also get other problems.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

It should be the 2nd/3rd columns from the right which read some meaningless staff. If the unit_tables file corrupts sounds even if it is 100% unmodded then it should be the problem. The corrupted columns send wrong info to other files and there it is the sound problem or the PFM does not save it correctly. I am clueless.

Icon4 Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.5

You may be aware of this already, but using PFM 2.0.5 I cannot open the patch17.pack (straight from the valve servers) character_experience_skill_tiers - version 1 or character_skill_level_to_effects_junctions - version 1 tables.