Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Senator

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.3

I have a feeling it's something to do with the file being read only. It has a little lock symbol on the icon.

Remarkable ! thank you for this , I can see it is universal and can also open the NTW / ETW packs
    Hats off

Senator

for the life of me, I cannot figure out why I can't save my changes. I change the limits to 0, and hit save, the screen refreshes, I go back to the mp limits column, and everything is changed back.

the pack file has a weird icon though. What is going on here?

Hello folks, I may be asking something that has already been answered somewhere, but as I found using the search forum, I'll ask.
    I'm trying to translate two games of the Total War series for the Portuguese in Brazil. Total War: Shogun 2 and Napoleon: Total War

In both cases, I can do the translation work normally using the File Manager Pack exclusive to each game, but I'm having one problem, the accents of my language.

I export the *.LOC to *.TSV, and translate normally, but when I import the *.TSV to *.LOC using PFM, still within the PFM (right column) words that have accent, appears an error in the local accent, a "?" with black background. And if I save the *.Pack anyway, the game does not display these characters, the words being cut.

I actually think that would have to edit the fonts of the game, but the error still appears in PFM, then I believe it is not the font problem.

Can anyone help me solve this? Would greatly appreciate it. The accents I need for my language are these: Ã-ã-Á-á-À-à-Â-â-É-é-Ê-ê-Í-í-Õ-õ-Ó-ó-Ô-ô-Ú-ú-Ç-ç.

Thanks for now.
    Hugs.

Looks like danio is going to be very busy with the new patch15 and patch16 packs...

PFM can't even look at them.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

If you use v1.6.6 of PFM, you'll be able to open up the packs and read some of the files. Mind you, most of the important tables cannot be accessed with v1.6.6, either.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    If you use v1.6.6 of PFM, you'll be able to open up the packs and read some of the files. Mind you, most of the important tables cannot be accessed with v1.6.6, either.
    using 2.0.3 I can only open patch16.pack - patch15 crashes.

Most of the DB entries for patch16 are unreadable however.

how would one go about getting 1.6.6?

I can only find a hotfix for 1.6.6 - and have no idea what version preceded it to actually update it to 1.6.6?

Quote Originally Posted by scope2007 View Post
    using 2.0.3 I can only open patch16.pack - patch15 crashes.

Most of the DB entries for patch16 are unreadable however.

how would one go about getting 1.6.6?

I can only find a hotfix for 1.6.6 - and have no idea what version preceded it to actually update it to 1.6.6?
    As said before, none of the really important files can be opened with 1.6.6 anyway and it was a beta, perhaps not linked still.

Can't wait until PFM has the definitions updated so I can go ahead and mod FotS.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, the PFM Tool no longer supports pack reading. It cannot read any file of the new patch.packs.
    Do you need any kind of help so to understand what maybe the problem?

EDIT:
    Hi Zowrath, we posted almost the same time.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    As said before, none of the really important files can be opened with 1.6.6 anyway and it was a beta, perhaps not linked still.

Can't wait until PFM has the definitions updated so I can go ahead and mod FotS.
    Well I did actually get 1.6.6 working, and was able to access the files I needed from patch.15 - so problem solved.

I now have a new issue unrelated to the one above, if anyone can help I would be greatful.

Since the latest FOTS patch - one of the unit mods I created with PFM is not working correctly. before the patch I could use the unit in both campaign and custom battles. Now I can only recruit the unit in campaign... I am no longer able to see the unit in the custom battles options...

Strangely another unit I created with PFM - is still working in both campaign and custom battles. Something in the DB's must be conflicting with the current patch - but I just cant figure out what it is.

I have played with exclusive faction permissions - but so far have only managed to make it recruitable by all factions in the campaign - still no custom battles option. Anyone else ever experienced this or know where I should start looking?

Perhaps you may have an idea Darth?

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

This might be a totally noob thing that I have just done here and I apologise if it's totally unhelpful...

Here is an Excel table with the new Unit_Stats_Land headings from pack.16.

I have put the new headings on line 1
    line 2 is the old stuff with the DMS stats underneath.

It appears that a shed load of stats have been removed.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21458382/DMS.xlsx

I'll shut up now!
    Last edited by JFC; March 23, 2012 at 07:57 AM.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by JFC View Post
    This might be a totally noob thing that I have just done here and I apologise if it's totally unhelpful...

Here is an Excel table with the new Unit_Stats_Land headings from pack.16.

I have put the new headings on line 1
    line 2 is the old stuff with the DMS stats underneath.

It appears that a shed load of stats have been removed.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21458382/DMS.xlsx

I'll shut up now!
    Thanks I will check this immediately - I am hoping this is the root of the problem... however my matchlock mercs mod still works... So I am at a total loss as to what is happening exactly.

EDIT: PS what do i do with this file exactly?
    Last edited by scope2007; March 23, 2012 at 08:09 AM.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by scope2007 View Post

Well I did actually get 1.6.6 working, and was able to access the files I needed from patch.15 - so problem solved.

I now have a new issue unrelated to the one above, if anyone can help I would be greatful.

Since the latest FOTS patch - one of the unit mods I created with PFM is not working correctly. before the patch I could use the unit in both campaign and custom battles. Now I can only recruit the unit in campaign... I am no longer able to see the unit in the custom battles options...

Strangely another unit I created with PFM - is still working in both campaign and custom battles. Something in the DB's must be conflicting with the current patch - but I just cant figure out what it is.

I have played with exclusive faction permissions - but so far have only managed to make it recruitable by all factions in the campaign - still no custom battles option. Anyone else ever experienced this or know where I should start looking?

Perhaps you may have an idea Darth?

Nailed the problem...

Looks like the problem was with the unit_tables.

Due to some sort of change to the classification of units for multiplayer menu's - any unit who's "MP_Category" is set to "MP_Special", will not show up in the custom battle menu, and I am assuming the same applies to multiplayer also.

My guess as to why this has changed? Special units have probably been split into 2 new categories due to the new coloured unit cards -to differentiate siege and say ninja's and firebomb throwers.
    Last edited by scope2007; March 23, 2012 at 03:41 PM.

scope2007's Avatar Civis

Accidental double-post due to browser problems - please delete

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Unfortunately, as mentioned above, the PFM Tool no longer supports pack reading. It cannot read any file of the new patch.packs.
    Do you need any kind of help so to understand what maybe the problem?

EDIT:
    Hi Zowrath, we posted almost the same time.

Hehe, we're both eager to make some adjustments to FotS I reckon. One thing is for sure, the "arcade"-ish fighting has to go.

Links updated 06.05.13

Hi all,
    I just uploaded the new schema.xml for the FotS structures.
    These are from the data I got from the packs in beta, PFM was able to open them fine then.
    Unfortunately, I'm currently out of country for another week; it sounds like there are more problems than just the data structures, I won't be able to look into those before then.
    Same for all other questions in this thread, won't be able to respond before I get back home; I really only got online now to upload the schema file.

As to support for pre-2.0 PFMs, I'm sorry but not going to be able to provide any.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Hi all,
    I just uploaded the new schema.xml for the FotS structures.
    These are from the data I got from the packs in beta, PFM was able to open them fine then.
    Unfortunately, I'm currently out of country for another week; it sounds like there are more problems than just the data structures, I won't be able to look into those before then.
    Same for all other questions in this thread, won't be able to respond before I get back home; I really only got online now to upload the schema file.

As to support for pre-2.0 PFMs, I'm sorry but not going to be able to provide any.
    Strange, just updated 2.0.3 with the latest schema.xml and I can't open anything more really.

Links updated 06.05.13

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    Strange, just updated 2.0.3 with the latest schema.xml and I can't open anything more really.
    I may well have screwed up preparing the upload a week ago.
    Sorry if that is the case, but again, no way for me to verify until I get back home
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Here is v1.6.6 of Pack File Manager. With this, you are able to open some of the db files that have not changed after the FOTS patch.

At the moment, I can confirm that a modded unit_stats_land table based on pre-patch15.pack tables will not work. Your game will load, but as soon as the game tries to load a battle, the game will crash. I am going to determine whether we can load other patch15.pack/patch16.pack tables that are inaccessible with v1.6.6 using pre-patch15.pack tables, but don't get your hopes up; they've probably added a column in all the good tables to annoy us .

Anyway, here it is.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 27, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

The file that controls realm divide, thankfully, still has the same number of columns, so mods that affect RD will still work. Yay!