Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.7.3

Quote Originally Posted by davidlallen View Post
    I am pretty sure that is not an issue. The header for each file contains the version number. And PFM can definitely deal with multiple version numbers for the same file. For example, unit_stats_land is defined for six different version numbers, in different db file type files. So assuming the headers can be read, dealing with different table versions is already supported and the data is all there.
    Yes, I know the PFM can handle multiple versions
    The problem is that the automatic table updater always updates to the latest version right now. For instance, say unit_stats_land is version 16, but NTW's is only 12. So sure, I can read NTW's db file, but the PFM will offer to update it to 16, which will break the mod for Napoleon because the game can't handle it. I'll just have to introduce game-dependent versioning; it's doable, but more complicated than the way it is now.
    Another thing are the references which are not versioned at all right now, and rely on the columns' indexes rather than their names (because the names can be changed by the user... ). Again, this can be adapted, but it's something to take care of.

I'm really mostly just thinking aloud here. It does look to me like I'll abandon the DBFileTypes files and switch to the DB.xsd format used by DB<->XML converter and DBEditor, this should make solving several of these problems easier.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

THANGDACLAC's Avatar Civis

This new version is very earsy for mod, thank so much! But, I want to say that: when I click on Search For Update Icon, it will download 2 files(DBFileTypes_4.zip and version) into where the patch10 file is located (it was open).
    Last edited by THANGDACLAC; November 15, 2011 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THANGDACLAC View Post
    when I click on Search For Update Icon, it will download 2 files(DBFileTypes_4.zip and version) into where the patch10 file is located (it was open).
    Oh, okay... it's supposed to go into the directory from where PFM is run. Thanks for letting me know, will fix.

WARNING:
    I thought of something: the "update table to latest version" feature does add the new columns, but I forgot to change the DBFile's header type. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to open the updated file after you saved it!
    Could someone try that out to confirm?
    Last edited by daniu; November 15, 2011 at 04:55 AM.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Question: in my experiences using PFM 1.6.8, sometimes when you would clone rows, certain columns values would not be copied over, and the newly created row would have conspicuous blanks.

Have you noticed/fixed anything like this in 1.7.3?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Since you are already on it...

One of the most annoying things is, when you add a file which is already in the pack and you save the pack the whole pack get's corrupted. Which definitly get's annoying if you don't have a newer backup. It would be great if there would be a check routine which controls this, while adding files.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    He means single cells, in the old pfm you have to do all changes for single cells by hand, which can get annoying if you have to do it for several units.
    Included.
    I replaced the Copy Row/Paste Row buttons with "Copy" and "Paste", respectively; they can now be used to copy either full rows or ranges of cells. Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v as shortcuts work.

Btw, is the new PFM compatible with the older games, or will it be limited to S2?
    Started adding support for the old PFHs back in.
    Still doesn't display some of the db tables though.

This new version is very earsy for mod, thank so much! But, I want to say that: when I click on Search For Update Icon, it will download 2 files(DBFileTypes_4.zip and version) into where the patch10 file is located (it was open).
    Hmm, couldn't reproduce this. Maybe I accidentally fixed this along the way, if not, could you provide me with more precise steps how to cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by Charsi View Post
    Question: in my experiences using PFM 1.6.8, sometimes when you would clone rows, certain columns values would not be copied over, and the newly created row would have conspicuous blanks.
    Have you noticed/fixed anything like this in 1.7.3?
    I didn't touch that particular area of the code, but I was tempted to take out the Clone Row feature altogether since I think it should be covered with the copy/paste of rows. Let me know if that's okay with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    One of the most annoying things is, when you add a file which is already in the pack and you save the pack the whole pack get's corrupted. Which definitly get's annoying if you don't have a newer backup. It would be great if there would be a check routine which controls this, while adding files.
    Not sure if I understand this right, when using "Pack Action->Add File"? Maybe this happened in older versions? When I checked, even trying to add an existing file crashed the PFM... so I fixed that.
    Last edited by daniu; November 15, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.7.4

when i use my old mode and try land unite stat i get
    datagrid err
    system.argument.exception: DataGridViewComboBoxCell invalid

do i need to make a new clean mode to use this new pmf?

Quote Originally Posted by jetlee81 View Post
    when i use my old mode and try land unite stat i get
    datagrid err
    system.argument.exception: DataGridViewComboBoxCell invalid
    do i need to make a new clean mode to use this new pmf?
    No, just open another table first and deselect "Use Combobox cells" before opening unit_stats.
    I'll include something to handle this better in the next version.

If you won't get it going at all, you can rename the "references.txt" file in the DBFileTypes folder and you won't have any checkboxes at all anymore.
    Last edited by daniu; November 17, 2011 at 03:30 PM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

fix the problem but still have some problem opening modes i have to extract the mode with 1.6* ver to folder then create new one with 1.7* for it to work.

ps
    a delete row option would be usefull
    Last edited by jetlee81; November 17, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

fix the problem but still have some problem opening modes i have to extract the mode with 1.6* ver to folder then create new one with 1.7* for it to work.
    A pilot and his copilot hear a weird rattling noise in the cockpit.
    They leave a message for the maintainance crew "something is loose".
    When they come back aboard, they find a reply from an engineer: "something was tightened"

You'll at least have to say what db file you're trying to open.
    Preferrably, you'll post your mod file here so I can take a look.
    I'm guessing it's something to do with one of the db file description that was in the 1.6 delivery, but got lost in 1.7. If you could find out for yourself which it is and let me know, it saves me time I can use to develop more features and I can integrate it later.

a delete row option would be usefull
    Not if you want the game to be able to read the file later on
    Or do you mean "clear data from column", to set numbers to 0 and strings to empty? I could do that I guess.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

It can't open patch.pack, sorry!

lol my window is in chinese so it's hard to translate i try opening Radious Total War Mod but cant.

say i want to delet a whole unit like in unit stat. say bow samurai (not puting all it's stat under it to zero). but delet it completely, that is wat i mean by delet row.

but i guess it's notreally that important since it wouldnt hurt to just leave the whole row empty. the game still runes lol, it just look messy
    Last edited by jetlee81; November 19, 2011 at 12:13 AM.

Uploaded version 1.7.5.
    - now opens all ETW, NTW and TWS2 db files for which DBTypes are available
    - fixed bug that prevented opening PFH2 pack files

It can't open patch.pack, sorry!
    i try opening Radious Total War Mod but cant.
    Those were both PFH2 pack files which were fixed.

say i want to delet a whole unit like in unit stat. say bow samurai (not puting all it's stat under it to zero). but delet it completely, that is wat i mean by delet row.
    Yes, sorry, my bad; I have kept confusing the words "row" and "column" since forever so I was thinking you asked a "delete column" feature. You're right, deleting a row makes sense (didn't get around to putting that in though).

General update:
    I haven't been staying up to date with mod tools in general at all; that came back at me now.
    I was relying on the PFM 1.6.x for S2 being a continuation of the most current NTW PFM. That might even be the case, BUT: I've been looking around the ETW mod tools section and learned that the PFM has been discontinued altogether over there and replaced with the ModManager and the DBEditor (as far as my area of development has been concerned).
    The first impression of what I looked at codewise in the DBE was very, very good; a definite improvement over what was in 1.6 when I started off.
    It'll take me some time looking into the most recent toolset for ETW, but it's very possible that I'll try to integrate my stuff into theirs rather than keeping up working for the 1.7.5 Shogun2 PFM.

This might mean that we'll lose some of the features I introduced again, but some of them already were included in the newer stuff over there (like the online db type definitions). It will however result in a toolset able to handle all warscape games.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.7.5

Thank so much for everything you've done to everyone, but I can't give you anymore rep.

So I opened up a file created before RotS, that had units table in it. I made a meaningless edit and saved it. It now works with RotS (mind you, I didn't test if it was broken before..).

Did PFM update the format of the units table when I saved it? If so... sweeeeeeeet. Anyway its working now so thumbs up for this 1.7.5 PFM!

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

My current version only saves packs as release for some reason? Anyone else got this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    My current version only saves packs as release for some reason? Anyone else got this issue?
    There definitely is a problem, yes... Good news is it seems to be a display issue: all packs seem to be shown as "release", regardless of actual type.
    Bad news is: a type change seems to be ignored too and files are always saved as "patch"...
    Haven't had lots of time to look into it yet though. Looks like several of the gui elements don't work properly
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I have identified the problem; it does not always save as Patch, but as the type it was loaded as.
    Although it is pretty relevant, I don't think it justifies a new PFM build.
    I wrote a little tool to change the pack type of a given file so you can switch after saving, added to OP.
    You'll have to call it from the command line, like this:
    Code:
    setPackType.exe <packtype> [packfiles]
    Valid <packtype>s are (b)oot, (r)elease, (p)atch, (m)od, mo(v)ie.

Make sure the files in the parameter list are packfiles; you'll probably break other files.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I'm having the same problem.

Is there a link for an older version that doesn't have this problem? I'm only tweaking some UI elements and this seems to be getting in the way of any newly created packs working.

Never mind. I'm using 1.6.7 which does the limited things I want it to do. Pity.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; December 05, 2011 at 09:22 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

What's the problem with creating the new pack, changing its type, then working on it with 1.7.5?
    It won't set the type back to "Release", you just can't change it.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum