Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 2.4.1 - Compatability Features added

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.2

Quote Originally Posted by AveiMil View Post
    Adding the file cdir_events_mission_option_junctions file to my .pack means I have to first add an empty directory (the add directory function does not appear to work), copy paste the name cdir_events_mission_option_junctions_tables, and then add the file cdir_events_mission_option_junctions to that directory. I much prefer the way 1.7.10 handled it. What's the benefit of doing it this (the new) way?
    Very simple: you can now add a file from anywhere on the file system and don't have to maintain the folder structure in the DB files on your harddrive as well. That means you can keep all your files in the same folder instead of switching into the corresponding directory every time you want to edit another one.
    i think it's only more work the one time you actually add a file, afterwards you should have an easier time managing your stuff.
    And yes, the import directory seems broken, I'll fix it although it shouldn't be used too often anymore, especially once the drag&drop works fully.

I'll keep editing this post when I find bugs/problems for 2.0.2:
    if you want, you can create a sourceforge account and add you to the project list so you can enter bugs there directly; otherwise I'll be copy/pasting them there.

I was also thinking of uploading alpha builds so we could have someone check out all the features still worked; we don't have time to do that every time and may use a feature differently than others. That would delay the individual releases (because we would wait for the OK), but minimze the bugs in each one.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Very simple: you can now add a file from anywhere on the file system and don't have to maintain the folder structure in the DB files on your harddrive as well. That means you can keep all your files in the same folder instead of switching into the corresponding directory every time you want to edit another one.
    i think it's only more work the one time you actually add a file, afterwards you should have an easier time managing your stuff.
    I understand. Problem is I don't actually ever work with the induvidual table files (on the file system) after I've imported them into my .pack file. I couldnt care less about the files on the file system after I've added them to my .pack project. Any editing and changes is done either directly in the .pack or by exporting the file as .TSV format and then importing the updated .TSV again. The .pack file itsself is the true workspace (I just make continous backups of the .pack file), not the files exported to the file system. Therefore for me this is not a feature that improves PFM. Maybe others work differently though, I don't know.

Would it be possible to retain both methods of importing files? Or,... well if the import directory feature is fixed then that works just as well as I'll just import the directory created when exporting a file from patch14.pack for instance. As long as you can import directories that already exist (new files in the directory)!

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    And yes, the import directory seems broken, I'll fix it although it shouldn't be used too often anymore, especially once the drag&drop works fully.
    if you want, you can create a sourceforge account and add you to the project list so you can enter bugs there directly; otherwise I'll be copy/pasting them there.

I was also thinking of uploading alpha builds so we could have someone check out all the features still worked; we don't have time to do that every time and may use a feature differently than others. That would delay the individual releases (because we would wait for the OK), but minimze the bugs in each one.
    I'll create an account later and I can help test alpha builds as well. Add me to steam for real time chat please

Libertus

I'll keep editing this post when I find bugs/problems for 2.0.2:

• The new copy/paste feature is great but does not work 100%. 1.) When pasting inside a cell the cell text string does not update before after you "exit" the cell. 2.) I can't seem to copy/paste cells that only contains numbers.
    I will take a look at that sir!

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Sigh...When i delve into the tables using hex editors and played guessing games using your decode tools, Now i know why there are some tables that havent been decoded yet... other decoded tables feels like child play... cant imagine how you guys start decode most of the tables...

2.0.2 seems stable enough, for those who like to use the installer I've created one for 2.0.2:

Download here:

http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/Pack_File_Manager_2_0_2.zip

Hi,

I could really use some help if any one is willing. I have viewed a couple of tutorials on how to add new units, here and on you tube, but I simply cannot get PFM 2.02 to behave as it is shown.

When I open either data.pack file or patchx.pack and go to db, and for example units_tables > Units and then export it to a "mod folder", it seems to work fine. When I try to create a new project in PFM and add files as shown in tutorials, the files do not appear as they should.. I just get the file name in green, without the folder heading db above it, and it will not display any data. I cannot find any tutorials to explain why this is.. below is how it should look according to this tutorial. I was initially also using the this you tube vid, as it is the only one I could find on creating new units.

Mine does not look like this at all, there are no sub headings, I just get the word units in green, which does nothing.

Any help much appreciated.

For some reason add directory doesn't do anything....or am I using it incorrectly/

Quote Originally Posted by DB2012 View Post
    Hi,

I could really use some help if any one is willing. I have viewed a couple of tutorials on how to add new units, here and on you tube, but I simply cannot get PFM 2.02 to behave as it is shown.

When I open either data.pack file or patchx.pack and go to db, and for example units_tables > Units and then export it to a "mod folder", it seems to work fine. When I try to create a new project in PFM and add files as shown in tutorials, the files do not appear as they should.. I just get the file name in green, without the folder heading db above it, and it will not display any data. I cannot find any tutorials to explain why this is.. below is how it should look according to this tutorial. I was initially also using the this you tube vid, as it is the only one I could find on creating new units.

Mine does not look like this at all, there are no sub headings, I just get the word units in green, which does nothing.

Any help much appreciated.
    Start reading from http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post11074268

It's the new way 2.0.2 handles importing files. Older versions found here, http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/, does not behave that way.

When daniu fixes the broken "add directory" feature this should no longer be a problem as you'll then easily be able to add exported directory tree's. For now if you just import single files you have to manually create the directory it should belong to and import it there.

Thanks for uploading 1.7.10, AveiMil - I'm having trouble with the new way of doing things too.

When daniu fixes the broken "add directory" feature this should no longer be a problem as you'll then easily be able to add exported directory tree's. For now if you just import single files you have to manually create the directory it should belong to and import it there.
    My god it's good not too many people look at the code for this, the reason why that didn't work is pretty embarrassing.
    Let's try out the Alpha build upload; you can get it here. Currently included fixes and features: can add directories; can open shader.packs.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Adding a directory appears to work now, however I would like it to behave differently when the directory already exists in the .pack file. Instead of prompting me an error "File already is present" when trying to add a directory that already exists it should parse the files in the selected directory and add the files that are NOT present in the .pack project (if there are any).

Some of my tables are now highlighted with yellow. Why is that? Also what does the version info behind the table name actually mean? I.e. building_levels_tables - version 2.

Trying to open a shader.pack file prompts me the following error (attachment).

I would like it to behave differently when the directory already exists in the .pack file. Instead of prompting me an error "File already is present" when trying to add a directory that already exists it should parse the files in the selected directory and add the files that are NOT present in the .pack project (if there are any).
    This is intended to prevent you from accidentally overwriting files in your current pack; I'll change it. It will be a bit harder to provide feedback about ignored files, I'll put it on the list.

Some of my tables are now highlighted with yellow. Why is that?
    Because I uploaded the wrong schema.xml file. Could you do an online update and try again?

Also what does the version info behind the table name actually mean? I.e. building_levels_tables - version 2.
    That's versioning data determining the db file's structure which may change between releases (which is why they need to be updated on game patches). Internal data pretty much.

Trying to open a shader.pack file prompts me the following error (attachment).
    Weird... I don't have a shader pack available right now but will check when I get my hands on one.
    Does this happen for all shader_patchX files?
    Last edited by daniu; February 28, 2012 at 09:57 AM. Reason: will implement suggestion after all
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

I tried to do an "Search for Update" (that's what you meant?) and received the following error (attachment). After pressing OK, and loading my pack all tables now show up red.

I tried to open more or less all the shader.pack files and they all produced the same error.

Start reading from http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8#post11074268

It's the new way 2.0.2 handles importing files. Older versions found here, http://www.aveimil.com/pfm/, does not behave that way.

Thanks for the answer. I had already read you post + answer, but could not get that approach to work. It kept asking me to "save before continuing" and not letting me rename the empty directory. I have now worked out that you can only name a new empty directory if you do it right away, if you click off it and come back it will not let you change the name.. the rename key simply prompts you to save etc.. but saving does not fix it.

As I am new to this forum I wonder if I could just ask where the best place to ask about modding units would be.. I want to remove the Horo things from the back of the generals units..

Quote Originally Posted by DB2012 View Post
    It kept asking me to "save before continuing" and not letting me rename the empty directory. I have now worked out that you can only name a new empty directory if you do it right away, if you click off it and come back it will not let you change the name.. the rename key simply prompts you to save etc..
    That's a bug, thanks for letting me know
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Daniu the below tables:
    diplomatic_relations_attitudes
    diplomatic_relations_religion
    diplomacy_attitudes

have corrupted values like this: 4294967294, 4294967256 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Daniu the below tables:
    diplomatic_relations_attitudes
    diplomatic_relations_religion
    diplomacy_attitudes

have corrupted values like this: 4294967294, 4294967256 etc.
    Indeed. Those values make a lot more sense when interpreted as negative numbers...
    Will fix in next release, should be around the corner.

Reminder:
    We're still looking for more Alpha testers, so if anyone wants to join, register at Sourceforge, write me a message and I'll add you to the project. We already have bugfixes ready, but we're still waiting for someone to acknowledge they have been fixed before we can release the next version which has them integrated.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

THANGDACLAC's Avatar Civis

I'm very tired of some unknown columns, so i've used old version PFM to open patch14 file. Sorry!
    Last edited by THANGDACLAC; March 08, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by THANGDACLAC View Post
    I'm very tired of some unknown columns, so i've used old version PFM to open patch14 file. Sorry!
    If you could share what those are, we could integrate them into the newer version. I can't keep track of every single column myself.

You'll be out in the cold when FotS hits and there are new table fields, they will not be supported in the older PFM version.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

THANGDACLAC's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Pack File Manager 2.0.3

for example:
    unit_stats_land_tables > unit_stats_land
    column 12th(unknown): Armor value
    column 97th(unknown): Kisho Training (This unit can be deployed outside of the deployment zone - Hattori faction)
    ...and more.That's enough. Anyway, thanks for all your works!!!
    Last edited by THANGDACLAC; March 09, 2012 at 11:19 AM.