Quote Originally Posted by AveiMil View Post
Adding the file cdir_events_mission_option_junctions file to my .pack means I have to first add an empty directory (the add directory function does not appear to work), copy paste the name cdir_events_mission_option_junctions_tables, and then add the file cdir_events_mission_option_junctions to that directory. I much prefer the way 1.7.10 handled it. What's the benefit of doing it this (the new) way?
Very simple: you can now add a file from anywhere on the file system and don't have to maintain the folder structure in the DB files on your harddrive as well. That means you can keep all your files in the same folder instead of switching into the corresponding directory every time you want to edit another one.
i think it's only more work the one time you actually add a file, afterwards you should have an easier time managing your stuff.
And yes, the import directory seems broken, I'll fix it although it shouldn't be used too often anymore, especially once the drag&drop works fully.

I'll keep editing this post when I find bugs/problems for 2.0.2:
if you want, you can create a sourceforge account and add you to the project list so you can enter bugs there directly; otherwise I'll be copy/pasting them there.

I was also thinking of uploading alpha builds so we could have someone check out all the features still worked; we don't have time to do that every time and may use a feature differently than others. That would delay the individual releases (because we would wait for the OK), but minimze the bugs in each one.