Page 64 of 131 FirstFirst ... 143954555657585960616263646566676869707172737489114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2619

Thread: RPH Under Darker Skies

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RPH Under Darker Skies

"For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

Hmmm I might need to be subbed... If I do then just move my men into the cities and all my ships back to my ports. otherwise just build the economy up ! It is time for some financial prosperity !

EDIT:

Nvm, I cant take it later, but not before like 8 hours or so.
    Last edited by The Norseman; March 30, 2012 at 08:55 AM.

Sorry, need and extension... Brother's BD...

But you have been online for the last 4 hours :/ cant you play it now? or else I will have to play it tomorrow.

Sorry for that delay, Norway up

The Invasion Begins

Several years earlier the Teutonic Order decided to take advantage of my then ongoing war with France and England to attack my undefended lands. When the king heard what happened, the Norwegian armies quickly returned to their homelands to defend their families and homes, but when they arrived the TO had already pillaged our lands. We received information regarding the Teutonic Army`s position and attacked them, killing all of them. A couple of our bravest warriors would sadly fall in the battle to keep the Teutonic Navy away from our shores and they are not and will not be forgotten. We took back the lands which was rightfully ours and continued our attack on to the Teutonic Order`s lands, where we were met with great resistance, but we defeated all the Teutonic armies. We offered the Teutonic Order peace if they were willing to retreat their forces from the lands we then were in control of, but they refused.

At the end of the invasion when we were about to crush the Teutonic Order, another great country decided to side with the Teutonic Order by attacking one of our armies and blocking our paths to the different cities. That was Novgorod. The Teutonic Order was not capable of defeating our great armies and turned to Novgorod for help. That was when the tides of war turned and we were forced to fight two nations against ours. At the same time England was in control of Eikundarsund and Bergen, our two richest regions and we could not support any army any more, but England showed us an act of kindness by supporting us financially. This gave us time to rebuild our army and cities. We were forced to sign a NAP with the Teutonic Order and Novgorod, ending in disadvantage for us, the Norwegians.

We had to sit by and watch as our Polish allies were being attacked from every flank and they could not withstand for much longer. We could not let our allies perish. Then we would become vulnerable and lose our honor. When we sign an alliance, we keep it and promise to help our allies if they need it. This resulted in the breaking of the NAP and though breaking a NAP is beyond dishonorable, we felt that we had a more than valid reason for breaking it. Recently several nations have broken their non-aggression-pacts and it has caused several kingdoms to question its worth, thus ending in a massive European war, concerning almost all the kingdoms. To break a NAP is dishonorable, but under special circumstances you have to decide if your breaking of the pact is valid or not. In our case it was. The Teutonic Order and Novgorod has pillaged the lands of Norway and Poland, raping and killing innocent people. We had to put a stop to this and now we have taken action.

We rallied all our men and built ourselves a mighty army to prepare for the inevitable war. A massive and coordinated attack was planned to seize our lands back and at dawn the attack had begun. The first city we freed from the hands of the Teutonic Order was the city of Visby. Its inhabitants existing of only Scandinavians and some Lithuanians was not willing to fight against us when we sieged the city and instead turned on the Teutonic Order and defecting. The Teutonic army was disheartened and only one hour later the army was defeated.

A bit north of Visby was the castle city of Uppsala, which was in Norwegian control some years ago. The Norwegian armies arrived by the sea and when the Teutonic militia saw the great Norwegian army of thousands of ships arriving at their shores the Teutonic sergeant rallied all the men in the city and they prepared for the assault at the city walls. The Teutonic sergeant watched as the Norwegian army disembarked from the Viking ships, ready for battle. He was wondering why they were using such a long time to attack, were they inexperienced or perhaps waiting for something? His thought would be answered shortly after. The Norwegians brought forth wooden material in front of the castle and begun constructing something. After half an hour had passed they could see what they had built. It was trebuchets, more than forty. It was complete silence in the castle as suddenly huge rocks flew across their heads, crashing into the wall, destroying it. In the second volley the stones were lit on fire with oil and when the flames hit the houses a great fire began.

From the distance the Norwegians could see the city was on fire and as the flames was turning everything into ash, the Norwegians assaulted the castle, screaming the name of their king and country. The castle was taken quickly and they were met with little resistance.

Far south the other Norwegian army was assaulting the city of Noekoping, which had an equally sized army that of the Norwegian one. The Norwegian had brought trebuchets as well and the city walls were quickly broken. The Norwegians were eager to fight and charged into the city. Behind the walls stood hundreds of Teutonic soldiers, guarding the breach, which the trebuchets had made. The first one to charge was the general and his well-armored horsemen. The enemy spearmen could not withstand the massive charge, but put up a little fight nonetheless. The city was taken.

The Kingdom of Norway is at war and our demands are simple. Surrender the city of Zhytomyr to our hands and you shall have peace. We await your response.

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

and what about NAP?

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

now you played like a real

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onix
    it means that you accept?
    Yes, I accept.
    n00bsky said that he took upsala and nukoeping this turnhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/private.php?do=newpm&pmid=2903764
    your kingdom will soon fall.
    but we are open for discussions
    If he can take Upsala and Nukoeping this turn I will accept all of you demands. But then I would like him to send a picture as proof.
    it will be too late for you. you will lose nearly everything.

Alright I accept your offer. Thank you. So we have a 15 turn NAP from turn 76? And is the NAP only between me and TO or between you and me aswell?
    if he takes upsala and nukoeping he will take money from you or kalmar-and terms will be harder and harder turn after turn.

i will write you after n00bsky will answer me
    Too late? are you understanding how unreasonable you are? You suddenly change your terms? Wow really?
    answer from n00bsky
    1.we will let you have Kalmar
    2.Norway-TO 15 turns NAP
    3.6000 to Russia for destroying Turku
    4.military pact norway-russia, which means that all remaining russian armies and fleets in the baltic region will be dislocated in Jutland
    i'm not interested in this hs like in that forum noymore- enjoy the game

i don't want to play nomore.

so I leave this ing community

man gave me his word and broke his word and he acted like a true two-face. i don't want to play with them in one game
    Last edited by Jiub; April 01, 2012 at 04:17 AM.

Wow, so you leave because you are beginning to lose Onix? really? That is the act of a coward. A lot of people have broken their NAPs lately. I had a valid reason for doing so. You were destroying my ally and he could not withstand the attacks from all of you so I had to do something. I would never break a NAP unless you attack my ally(if he is about to be destroyed) or if it would leave me vulnerable. Would you have let me attack n00bsky and destroy him completely if we I had a NAP with you? I dont think so. You would have attacked me. I think it is more dishonorable to betray your ally and attack you ally than it is breaking a Non Agression pact.
    Last edited by The Norseman; March 31, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

ok. i will show you that i'm not a coward and i will continue losing but in my eyes you will be a bastard.
    it isdis honoured to act in such a way
    Last edited by Onix; March 31, 2012 at 01:37 PM.

PS: be nice to everybody and enjoy the game. Also, betrayal double-crossing breaking deals and so on is part of the game and as such is not a valid excuse to leave the game if that happen to you.
    It's up to you decide who do you want to trust or not, and so if you make a mistake live with the consequences of your choices.

Read the rules Onix. I am sorry I had to do this, but it was necessary.

Not when I have a valid reason. It is worse to betray an ally than breaking a NAP.
    Last edited by The Norseman; March 31, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

but it was necessary.
    Lol, necessary for what? xD
    Don't you know, you just couldn't do anything? If you will deeply stick in war with me (us), England just will eat you, lol.
    Attacking me was the fooliest option you had. So, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    ok. i will show you that i'm not a coward and i will continue losing but in my eyes you will be a bastard.
    Lol. If that is your first betrayal, i feel sorry for you. You should of felt how Desley does it. He was a true .
    Former administrator of "Heroes and Villains", "Days of Glory" and "Europa I"

Lol, necessary for what? xD
    Don't you know, you just couldn't do anything? If you will deeply stick in war with me (us), England just will eat you, lol.
    Attacking me was the fooliest option you had. So, good luck.
    It was not. If I had not done it, I would have been WAY more vulnerable. You would have lots of Polish lands and when the NAP was over you would have attacked me and I could not have done anything about it because then I would not have the money or men to repel the attacks. I would stand without an ally and without a proper army to fight.

Onix, do like Hurin and fight.

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

Uhm, any available factions, if so I would like to join. Never played hotseats before and would like to try. if admin would be kind to send me PM with instructions how to join...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    It was not. If I had not done it, I would have been WAY more vulnerable. You would have lots of Polish lands and when the NAP was over you would have attacked me and I could not have done anything about it because then I would not have the money or men to repel the attacks. I would stand without an ally and without a proper army to fight.

Onix, do like Hurin and fight.
    If you just thought deeply, you attacked Poland, not me. But time has gone.

If you just thought deeply, you attacked Poland, not me. But time has gone
    ???

I understand nothing of what you said... Are you using google translate?

It seems like you are trying to tell me that I am attacking Poland? who is my ally? and something about time?

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

@The Norseman you can call it as you wish, but idea that you betrayed me when you gave me your word really hurts. It isn't the first time i'm being betrayed, but it was all political movements. now it seems that you lied me from the start

You would have done the same. anyways good luck! It was either breaking the NAP or losing the game.