Page 127 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2777102117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 2619

Thread: RPH Under Darker Skies

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: RPH Under Darker Skies

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    , I only now realised that it is my turn now. send me please PMs
    well then play your turn

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

here is my turn. Sicily and Aragon are AI. Is it a mistake? or what?

Yeah Sicily is AI, mind finding a new sicily-player? The spot is open. And is that not your own save you uploaded?

Drako has taken over sicily. thank you for thinking about uploading the nov-end save so that i can turn sicily human again.

edit: Onix i assume you finished your turn already and i just had to hit the end button?
    Last edited by StOuFf; February 16, 2013 at 05:51 AM.

Last turn was played very poorly. It was awfully mismanaged .
    This was one hell of a turn. Sicily has a lot of very weak early troops who even 3 vs 1 can barely get a good score. I smashed 6 armies vs. Kund and barely bled him of 300 troops. It's an uphill battle against 2 superpowers but which I'm confident I can win. I'll wear them down until they'll be overrun by others.

"Well equipped and well trained. The English armies are like the old Romans. Disciplined and deadly.
    Yet also like the Romans, the vastness of their empire will be the end of them. Surely the others cannot stand idle and watch them grow out of control.

Up north King James and his champion general Kund the Silver Tongue were crossing the Alps into northern Italy when king Giovanni the Chivalrious and his heir Rainulfo gathered armies to throw them back.

The armies met in a cold mountain pass, with barely enough room to march an army, let alone fight in it.
    What seemed at first to be in England's favor, the tight pass preventing the huge numbers of Normans to outflank their invaders, proved otherwise. It seems that the English brought no missile troops whatsoever. When the troops clashed, even if the normans were getting slaughtered by the superior troops in front, from behind, crossbowmen rained hell on the trapped English. Moreover, his excellency Kund and his troops proved completely useless. He wasn't able to participate in the battle, leaving his king at the mercy of fate, who later proved merciful and spared his life, thou left him disgraced because of his disastrous logistics.

Further south, the Mamluk scavengers jumped at the opportunity, our troops being up north, to catch us unawares, and laid siege to Syracuse and Palermo. Nevertheless, the Norman troops led by Serlo the Lazy and Antonio de Ragusa (of proud Byzantine blood), prove themselves in battle and lift the siege of Palermo. Syracuse, unfortunately, couldn't be reached yet by any meaningful reinforcements.

On the western front Corrado jumps at the opportunity to catch the English troops not yet mobilized and capture Barcelona. From there Corrado makes a bold move and sieges Miles of Monmouth in his fort a little to the north of Barcelona. Fortunately, Umbertino seeing that he's overwhelmed in Marseille, makes the right decision in going westwards to support the foray into English-Spain. There he Supports Corrado into defeating Miles and they they both capture another fort of Englishmen in Catalunia, weakening their force there tremendously.

Meanwhile, in northern Italy the forces of Sicilians withdraw from the Alpine pass. With many casualties and no room to maneuver against the enemy, king Giovanni devised a new strategy: Let them come, for we shall be waiting.

And we shall."

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Right save needs to be posted.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Syracuse captured, Sicilian armies around Palermo crushed There will be no further rescue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0039.jpg   0040.jpg  

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

Englandia

Poland up!

After King James defeat in the Alps he reassembled a new host under his command a bit further north of were he was beaten by the sicillians. In the mean time Knud the Silver Tongue took the opportunity and brought his army east, bought a mercenary catapult there, and launched a fast and fatal attack against Innsbruck. The sicillians under Bartalomeo the wrathful were not expecting an attack so early and thus were not prepared for such a decesive onslaught of superior english elite soldiers. Though teh sicilians matched every english sword with a spear, they had no chance in dealing any severe damage against the attackers. Only 300 English soldiers lost their lifes under the walls of Innsbruck but 1300 italian soldiers were killed in the battle.

In Iberia Oporto, Granada and Toulouse have fallen into english hands. the Kingdom of Aragon wont be able to withstand the might of the English Kingdom any longer. Iberia will most likely be conquered within the next season. Allthough the english soldiers are weary, most units lack their full strength and many wounded are among the remaining soldiers, King James ordered that the invasion cannot halt and we should not give the Iberians time ro reassemble. The King of Aragon died in Toulouse this season with about 1300 soldiers.

In Scandinavia English armies under the command of the Scotsman Dabid mac Cuilen conquered Skara and are advancing into the of russia occupied territories. War in every corner of our realm but the disciplinoe of our soldiers and general AND the believe of our people into our great King holds the realm together!
    Last edited by StOuFf; February 18, 2013 at 12:59 PM.

Poland subbed ...

i conquered a few forts with siege engines. noting interesting to report.

Romans up!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Novgorod up. War declared to Sicily, because of the lack of excitement in the recent years and we have not forgotten how Sicily humiliated us ten years back even though it may have been a different king.

OOC:

The hotseat is coming to an end so might as well make some excitement! Sorry Drako You sort of took over a sinking ship... Good luck!

UDS_Novgorod_T115.rar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A1.jpg   A2.jpg   A3.jpg   A4.jpg   A5.jpg  

A6.jpg  
    Last edited by The Norseman; February 25, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    Novgorod up. War declared to Sicily, because of the lack of excitement in the recent years and we have not forgotten how Sicily humiliated us ten years back even though it may have been a different king.

OOC:

The hotseat is coming to an end so might as well make some excitement! Sorry Drako You sort of took over a sinking ship... Good luck!

UDS_Novgorod_T115.rar
    Funny, I've taken up many sinking ships it seems...

Aw ar ya sleeping, Molly?
    Last edited by pesto alla genovese; March 01, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

Norseman, send me please PMs. I only now got one from Stouff

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    Norseman, send me please PMs. I only now got one from Stouff
    oh that is unfortunate.
    but maybe it was the websites fault. TWC messed around in the last days/weeks.

Onix's Avatar Ordinarius

SicilyUDS_Sicily_T115.rar
    here screens- I can't download it on the forum
    http://rghost.ru/44240943
    Last edited by Onix; March 03, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

Oh Ive always sent VMs, ill start sending pms from now on!

From Castle to Castle, our soldiers press onward, tired, lost. Toulouse, Marseille and even Salzburg, the fortress of our enemies allies falls.
    Sacking anything and everything, we struggle to fund our defenses against the masses of enemy invaders. Our armies now resemble more a ragged horde of savage men, rather than the armies of proud norman warriors that they have once been. The soldiers' morale is now lower than ever, their generals barely managing to keep order while marching or in camps. Men beckon for peace. They want to go back to their lands, to their sons and wives. They have no will to fight. Winter's cold cuts deep to the bone breaking the strongest of men. God has forsaken us.

We would admit defeat, surrender, plea for mercy, but who will hear ? Who will come to our aid ?

Lord have pity on our souls!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2013-03-03 17-25-10-98.jpg   kingdoms 2013-03-03 17-25-43-72.jpg   kingdoms 2013-03-03 17-44-18-91.jpg   kingdoms 2013-03-03 17-44-36-92.jpg   kingdoms 2013-03-03 20-55-13-07.jpg  

kingdoms 2013-03-03 23-09-17-43.jpg  
    Last edited by Drako; March 03, 2013 at 03:39 PM.

Good RP. Too bad I can't rep u up (yet).
    Last edited by pesto alla genovese; March 03, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Turks up