Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181106121122123124125126127128129130131
Results 2,601 to 2,619 of 2619

Thread: RPH Under Darker Skies

ebs's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: RPH Under Darker Skies

Byzans up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rus1.jpg   rus2.jpg   rus3.jpg   rus4.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

does anyone volunteer sto sub the romans?

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by StOuFf View Post
    does anyone volunteer sto sub the romans?
    Sorry, that's my fault. i'll do it tonight.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Finally, Russia's up. I'll add the screen shots in the morning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

is Onix still active?

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

Nope.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

onix appears to have disappeared without saying anything, again. So I would like everyone to express his opinion.

1. We find someone else to play Russia and continue. It's not dead but odds are getting worse for Russia.
    2. We call it a game. England is in position economically and militarily to control what ever happens the rest of this game

If we choose the second we can always start a new game.

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

My opinion hasn't change - England is an obvious victor here, no point to go on.

I still say its fun to play but I wouldnt be offended if I was named the winner ;-)

Yeah, England definitely kicked some ass this campaign...
    I'm gonna vote to close this one up.

ebs's Avatar Centenarius

So close this one and start new one!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Let's start discussion of a new game, then.

well i thought of starting a new one as well. with the same rules of SIaB but i would like to limit the territory so that there is instant action among the players.
    any suggestions?

I have plenty of ideas, and would put them myself to the test, but I simply don't have the time to go ahead and do them.

I had planned to use the surrender_regions command to defeat all other factions except Sicily, Venice and Genoa and of course the Papal States.
    Make the "play area"bound only to and around Italy and make the factions equal in strength.

And there you go! a great arena for an interesting 3 player fight.

Also, same thing could be done with other factions. 1v1 in the British isles, Scotland vs England and Iberia is a natural arena between to 4 factions there.

that is so far not a bad idea. I did a similiar thing in Blood Honor and Treachery when there were only the ialian and iberian facitons playable. that was quite fun. however somehow a bug occured and many generals lost all their movement points so we were not able to finish it.

unfortunately i am not the right man to balance the faciton in italy as i simply do not know enough about the game mechanics.
    I would prefer a 8 player Hotseat or something if anyone has some good ideas.

Here's something else then. I wanted to do this, don't know why i held it back. I guess I didn't feel ready to admin a hotseat.

A Storm of Swords - Early Era

The Factions:
    1. England or Scotland – The British Isles
    2. Portugal or Spain or Aragon – Iberia
    3. France or HRE – Western/Central Europe
    4. Poland or Hungary – Eastern/Central Europe
    5. Lithuania or Novgorod or Kiev – Estern Europe
    6. Byzantium or Turks – Asia Minor
    7. Venice or Sicily or Genoa – Italian Peninsula
    8. Egypt or Jerusalem – The Holy Land
    9. Kwarezmians or Cumans – Far East

Rules:
    I. Basic Rules
    1. Reloading is allowed.
    2. Turns must be played in maximum 24h after they were posted. Additional 6 hours will be given so for a sub, if not, they will be skipped.
    3. Notifying players is obligatory. If people fail to notify, their next turn will become 6h shorter (18 hours – 24 with the subs additional time, before being skipped)
    4. If a player gets skipped more then twice for 20 turns he will be replaced.
    5. You can only destroy a maximum of two buildings from a settlement after it changed ownership. (it may not be used as an exploit between to friendly factions wanting to raze the settlement bit by bit)
    6. You may not destroy buildings when under siege.
    7. A faction MAY exterminate a total of 5 settlements in the entirety of this hotseat.

II. Battle Rules
    1. Heroic Victories are banned.
    2. Defeated armies cannot move for one turn.
    3. Players must always show their army’s composition in a battle against humans as well as the odds and results.
    4. Surrounding armies is not allowed but cutting off retreat is.
    5. Ships inside ports cannot be attacked, nor can ships leave a blockaded port without first defeating the navy blockading them.
    6. Players aren’t allowed to keep armies on ships inside ports, with the exception of defeated armies.
    7. You cannot sally out of settlements to prevent sacking, i.e. you must reload if you loose a sally out. (NOTE – you can sally out of forts regardless of the end result since there is no sacking to prevent there)

III. Holy Wars
    1. The faction to which the Pope belongs has total power regarding when crusades are called and it’s targets. Similarly, the faction with the highest piety Imam decides when and where the Jihad is called.
    2. In case the Pope belongs to an AI faction, the humans having Cardinal Preferati’s decide (3 humans/1 human). If two humans have CardPref and the other CardPref is AI, then the human with the highest number of Cardinals in the Cardinal Colegue decides. If there’s still a deadlock then they either have to agree on a target or veto eachother until one or the other, or someone else, gets the upper hand. The same is true about deadlocks between three CardPrefs.
    3. Similarly, if the highest piety imams are tied for two muslim factions, the one with the second highest piety imam decides, and if the deadlock persists, they either agree or veto eachother until someone gets the upper hand.
    4. Faction can join Crusades only if they have at least 5 Papal Rating. Only factions with 9 or 10 Papal rating can join 2 Crusade armies, the rest can only join 1. (this is calculated only at the start of the crusade, any change thereafter does not count only until the call of the next crusade)
    5. Similarly only Muslim factions with a Imam of 9 or 10 piety can join 3 armies, the rest can only join 1, and any changes to any imam’s piety after the Jihad’s initiation, doesn’t count.
    6. Crusade/Jihad armies cannot attack anything except for the target or things blocking it’s access (like armies or forts – not settlements). Armies cannot go out of their way to purposly attack other armies that would otherwise not interfere with a crusading army’s safe passage to it’s target.
    7. Orthodox and Pagan armies are exempt from having crusades or jihads against them.

IV. Agent Rules
    1. Agents aren’t allowed to spread plague.
    2. Spies are allowed to open gate only if they have a 60% change of infiltrating the settlement.
    3. Assassins need 80% chance to kill family members, 60% chance to kill generals and other agents and 60% chance to sabotage. Assassins need only 20% to kill eachother! A faction can have only one assassin! If their assassin dies, they are allowed to get another of course.
    4. Princesses need 60% to marry other faction’s generals/family members.
    5. Merchant stacks aren’t allowed and they need 40% chance to take other merchants.
    6. These restrictions don’t count when using them against the AI (you’re still banned from using more than 1 assassin and cannot have merchant stacks of course)

V. Diplomacy Rules
    1. You may not ally the Pope.
    2. You may gift regions only to humans and are forced to disband all except one unit. (Pope displacement doesn’t count but may not be abused/used against an enemy).
    3. New players are forced to keep the status quo for 3 turns. (does not apply if another player changes within 6 turns of a previous change)
    4. AI vassals are illegal.
    5. Faction suicide is illegal.
    Last edited by Drako; May 22, 2013 at 04:39 AM.

hm a early era campaign reminds me of the time when i joined the community ;-)
    thing is those campaigns take even longer than late era campaigns due to the not existent developement of cities and roads.

i find the idea good but maybe not with early era and maybe by combining some facitons putting them into the right turn order. e.g. scotland and england for one palyer. italy for one player and iberia for one player. the huger factions remain a singel nation. would be fast paced and with a lot of action i assume.

anyway is this no closed for sure?
    seems everyone wants to end it ;-)

Hi there.

Anyone need a player to take control of a country?

I'm not looking to sub but to join fully into this hotseat, so looking forward to a timely response.

Cheers,
    Auran
    DarthMod Moderator
    "For what is a man, if he cannot change the world for better." - 11th Century Quote

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Auran, please quit waking the dead.