Count (05/19/13): 408 downloads of 2.0 version
Custom Settlements SUB-MOD 2.0
Custom settlement: Weathertop 2.0 - New 3d models, new textures, better PC performance. Its now set as a village.
Custom settlement: Argonath 1.1 - Fixed statues position.
Custom settlement: Barad Dûr
Custom settlement: Dunharrow (with strat map model)
Custom settlement: Carn Dûm (with strat map model)
Custom settlement: Goblintown (with strat map model)
Custom settlement: Cirith Ungol (with strat map model)
Custom settlement: Esgaroth - New plaza position (more settlement usage), and buildings now has physics, just added invisible boxes where the houses are, fitting its shape, and gave them a collision.
Disabled all ambient buildings, so no more stonehenges, palmtress, monasteries or farms in mordor or anywhere. (Link here). In my sub-mod, I've also disabled watch-towers ambient models.
Fixed weathertop issue (now it cannot be uppgraded so will not change the settlement)
Cair andros is now back to a vanilla castle. The 3.2 custom version has completly useless layouts for both gates.
Custom settlement: Azanulimbar Dûm (with strat map model)
Custom settlement: Fangorn (with strat map model)
Custom settlement: Durthang (with strat map model)
Custom settlement: Rivendell 3.0 (more deployment space, new waterfall effects, fixed clicking issues.)
Custom settlement: Minas Morgul 2.0 (units can be deployed on walls, settlement correctly rotated to fit the strat map heighs and avoid reinforcement problems, it has now a real bridge, not a terrain mount.).
Custom settlement: Esgaroth (fixed deployment issues and wall animations, it has now a real bridge, not a terrain mount. Settlement lowered to match terrain, builds were floating in 3.2)
Custom settlement: The Black Gate (fixed reinforcements beeing spawn in mountains. Fixed defending army deploying units outside the gate. Attacking armies comming from mordor will now show up behind the gate, with no obstacle between them and the plaza, like it should logically be; just added a invisible gate in the opposing side of the settlement (facing mordor), no blockage with pathfinding, the ai just abandon the siege engines and attack the plaza.)
Custom settlement: Dol Guldur (Fixed ladders on walls bug. Fixed reinforcements stuck outside batlemap. Did both by editing the terrain).
Custom settlement: Edoras (Changed plaza position to avoid AI doing nothing, it was not really working in 3.2).
Custom settlement: Minas Tirith (plaza position is now on the 7th level, there is a new inner gate on the 6th level, this way, the AI works 100% now, no more units doing nothing)
Custom settlement: Carn Dum (some layout changings for far better AI behavior, fixed wall animations).
Custom settlement: Cirith Ungol (fixed terrain issue avoiding armies attacking from east, new darker textures, added The Watchers statues)
Custom settlement: Osgiliath (all sides/versions):
- Projectiles now cannot pass through buildings (same solution from esgaroth).
- All attacking positions/reinforcements works now completly realisticaly integrated with the strat map, both cities can now be attacked with armies comming from the two sides, so if you, for exemple, attack east osgiliath comming from the west, your army will start the battle in west osgiliath, and not be magically teleported to east of east osgiliath. (ATTENTION: that changes were made by precisely editing pathfindings, disabling a gate and editing deploymet, it was exaustively tested with all different attacking amy setups. It works absolutelly perfect now for all attacking directions and circunstances. I've tested all gates, one by one).
- There is now a real brigde, no more swimming time for troops.
- Integrated the settlement with the strat map geography, showing a realistic river/heighs.
The settlements are correctly rotated to avoid issues with strat map compatibility, like reinforcements beeing spawn on mountains. They are also correctly placed to be lore acurrate, so, Cirith Ungol, for example, can be attacked from both sides, each one deployng the attacker army on the right side of the settlement.
We also choose the right settlement types to implement those (citadel, large_city etc.)
Known Issues: Sally forth does not work for Goblintown and Weathertop, black gate attacked from mordor and rivendell. (Cannot be fixed). You must autoresolve the battle or advance towards the enemy sally forth army when the battle is loaded. If you attack east osgiliath from west osgiliath, buildings in westy osgiliath will be passable by units (it was necessary for deployment reasons). Sometimes battles on osgiliaths makes the game to crash when loading, but it is sporadic, just reload your savegame and try the battle again.
This sub-mod does not change the settlements in custom battles but only on the campaign.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Use at your own risk.
Its not savegame compatible.
Not compatible with any mod that changes the strat map.
Enjoy it and post cool images on the screenshots menu!
The Argonath 1.1
THANKS, CREDITS, CLARIFICATIONS AND PERMISSIONS
Settlements models, concepts, creation and implementation by leo.civil.uefs
Barad Dûr models and textures made by Devils_Advocate
Preview Video by xHolyCrusader
Thanks to FireFreak111 and Emperor of Hell for helping with strat map models and implementation, and also for making the installer. I would not handle it without these guys.
I grant permission for all modders to include these settlements in other projects. Just remember to quote us in the credits.
A big thanks to makanyane and wildodog, the ones responsible for all custom settlement creations for Medieval 2 engine, inventors of IWTE.
Thanks to KingKong for necessary fixes on esgaroth.
Thanks makanyane for the ambient settlements disabling.
Thanks SilentHitman94 for The Watchers statues for cirith ungol.
ATTENTION: Rivendell, Minas Morgul, The Black Gate, Dol Guldur, Edoras, Minas Tirith and Osgiliath were not settlements created by me. They are from the original 3.2 release, made by King Kong and Devils_Advocate. My sub-mod only contains bug fixes and changes, for these settlements.
3.0 I've decided to post the current progress of my new version of erebor here because, as much as I belive Im the last of the IWTE masters, would be the worst thing ever if someone would be doing it in secret.
- Former Erebor from 3.2 set now as gundabad, with some changes to make it look more evil.
- Fixed weathertop not working.
- Fixed weird object floating in Rivendell plaza.
- Rohan is now not able to have stone walls, even if the settlement upgrades to city or large city, it will still be a large_town in the battle map. Lore acurrate and gives a more uniqueness to the faction, as it has now an disvantage, weak fortifications. (PS: Ladders and siege towers will be built larger then it should be, but the animations and functionality still works, weird, but works, and it only happens in large city anyway...)
- Gondor smallest battlemap castle model is now "castle". Even its wooden castle will look like a castle in battlemap. Thats for giving them a faction quality in stronger settlements. (But also for better immersion as the stone keep was too "european").
- Rohan, OOG and OOTMM settlement's building menus will not show ballista towers construction icons anymore, obviously that means they are not able to build ballista towers then.
- New icons for upgrading settlements. The wall one on vanilla actually does not matches the reality since the entire settlement is upgraded and not only the walls. So there is new icons for upgrading the settlements and descriptions will now show if there will be wall improvements or not. Works, e.g., for orcs, wich cannot have towers and stone walls.
Custom settlement: New erebor.
Custom settlement: Mountain fort.
Custom settlement: Generic gondorian castles.
Generic gondorian castles