Page 7 of 248 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow, Crith Ungol and Dwarven Fort (update 11/15/11)

they are all great, but you should really add some terrain to Cirith Ungol.

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow, Crith Ungol and Dwarven Fort (update 11/15/11)

It's truly beautiful what you've done here. I just ask myself, why it's not stickied...? oO

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

I love the dwarven fort as well

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Textures improved in Cirith Ungol. Also some details added.

About the heights, i will not change it.
    The engine has limitations and placing a settlement like that, wich have 2 opposite gates, in a mountain, would result in a weird thing.
    However, it is made using a very small terrain (vanilla village), then, as far as I know, when it is placed betweeen mountains on the strat map, the heighs arround it will change to a mountainous place.
    So it will feel like being on highlands at all.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; November 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

New Cirith Ungol looks even better! And i see that you managed to add some custom orcish structures in it besides vanilla ones.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

when the area will be black Cirith Ungol will look great. Shame you can't add some mountains.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome! It's getting better and better

Btw, has KK said something more about whether or not (some of) these settlements can have a place in 3.0?
    Last edited by Dwarven Berserker; November 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Enarec's Avatar Senator

Very good updates!
    Hoping these will be in 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven Berserker View Post
    Awesome! It's getting better and better

Btw, has KK said something more about whether or not (some of) these settlements can have a place in 3.0?
    KK has only saw Weathertop until now and stated he liked it. He hasn't sent me no answer about the other ones.

Talking about that settles in 3.0 is premature for now. Only KK can say something about.

The most important is that settles are totally working and textures are getting better.
    Looking at KK's Dol Guldur, and having it as a sample comparison, I think my settlements are a good deal.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Cirith Ungol looks great! I hope it gets included in 3.0 alongside Weathertop. At first I wasn't sure about these being forts, but after thinking about it, I think for Mordor it would be a gameplay improvement as it would help counter the ability of the AI to stack spam so much.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

CIrith Ungol looks a lot more interesting with the new details.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    The fort looks great! But pls fix the stretched textures in the other settlements. They are really an eye sore that break the realism of the structure.
    That frase forced me to fix te textures even knowing the amount of work and boring time it would need. Serious. LOL

eddy's Avatar Libertus

great work especialy weathertop.
    are you going to make more custom settlements?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

I don't think leo is done with us, not yet

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    That frase forced me to fix te textures even knowing the amount of work and boring time it would need. Serious. LOL
    lol, good news!

Nice improvements on Cirith Ungol man. Your skills just keep improving. I'm at the point where I feel comfortable saying that KK would be slightly off his rocker not to include your work. While it may not be technically quite up to his level of skill, I haven't seen a fan on these boards yet who doesn't want to see these in game. I think KK is avoiding this thread on purpose, since he likes everything to be a surprise. I think he's planning to surprise even Leo with his decision about his work! There's simply NO WAY that he's just too busy to have noticed this thread by now.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    KK has only saw Weathertop until now and stated he liked it. He hasn't sent me no answer about the other ones.

Talking about that settles in 3.0 is premature for now. Only KK can say something about.

The most important is that settles are totally working and textures are getting better.
    Looking at KK's Dol Guldur, and having it as a sample comparison, I think my settlements are a good deal.
    Well, regardless of whether or not they'll be in the core dowload of 3.0, I'd be the first in line to download these bad boys in a 3.0 submod

Maybe you could even throw a small submod together for 2.1 to increase the popularity of your projects and get these included in the 3.0 release...

...*hint hint*
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

...Oi...

...Finalmente encontrei um brasileiro não somente falando sobre o jogo, mas fazendo-o huahuahua...

...Well, "I" was wondering with you could somehow manage to enter in conversation with Devils_Advocate (not knowing if this is his nickname) and - as you, apparently, can craft settlements in a matter of one week - Could "re"-construct that village of his, the so called "Caras Galladhon" - Because in no way that that could sustain an army of thousand Elves - or attacking army of thousands -, and being very susceptible to be conquered being the fact that it even hasn't gates and walls for defenses at least for 2 turns of besieging -... As a matter of fact, in the "Lord of The rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" film "Aragorn" states that the region "is well guarded" not affirming nor denying that it has walls, but in the books it clearly states that it has great green walls, a ditch full of water around the walls protecting it, and only one gate (that could be adapted to two gates "in game"); The reason is that "Caras Galladhon" was a Huge city, better than that - even more than that - it was a great Citadel...

...No offense was intended, specially to D_A, "I" was just pondering the possibility of changing "that" to a real "Citadel", being that you could enter in negotiations with him...

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Can you please post normal without those "s ?

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

...Have "you" not understand that? Rather than that, "I" ask you: is that a such way written that you can not understand even this?