Page 53 of 248 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4953

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: Leo´s Settlements - Esgaroth 3.0 download

Esgaroth awesome leo .. is there a link to download all your settlements in one folder ?

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Pa1n View Post
    Esgaroth awesome leo .. is there a link to download all your settlements in one folder ?
    No, he still needs permission for some settlements and he is still working on some of them.

He says he is tired of answering that question, so I will do it for him (he deserves that much for all the work he put in)

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxăo!

LOL, you guys make me laught.

Good news, Carn Dum has now a first line of deployable walls and working arrow towers, I will make them very strong so Carn Dum will be known as a Harcore place to take, trying to give some more uniqueness to the settlement.

Trying to make it as far as possible from vanilla settlements wich were all the same.
    My wish is to make people think about how many strong towers are in Carn Dum before attacking it.

I can't even focus on one campaign, as soon as things are getting well for my faction, someone decides to release some damn amazing non save-compatible stuff...

Well, I won't complain, as your job is excellent, but still ! I really wonder when I'll finally be able to play Eriador to the end.

Hi Leo,

at first, I'm a fan of your work! Especially Carn Dum and Cirith Ungol looks great!
    But did you ever think about to place some kind of (stone) ground to this fortresses? I think that could look more authentic.

Read first post before asking.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Read first post before asking.
    Hmm, I did, but I found nothing against my question....
    Maybe my English is too bad, then sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Helmchen View Post
    Hmm, I did, but I found nothing against my question....
    Maybe my English is too bad, then sorry.
    Afaik he can't edit the terrain as King Kong will when implementing the settlement in the campaign
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Whats the poly/face count on your settlements compared to vanilla?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Whats the poly/face count on your settlements compared to vanilla?
    Some like 100000000 x less.
    My models are very simple and I recently reduced lots of unescessary faces by deleting hidden ones.
    Former problems with performance were associated with pathfinding problems. I have absolutely no more performance problems in any settlement.
    Collisions is something different, as you know buildings in osgiliath has no physics, projectiles can pass through it. Probably the same will happen with DOL AMROTH, but the other ones can have physics as the models are very simple.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Wow, that's awesome. I guess this means I'll be able to play on the laptop
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44 View Post
    Afaik he can't edit the terrain as King Kong will when implementing the settlement in the campaign
    Ok, I got it. Thanks!

looking forward for more updates

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

I can't download the Esgaroth one, they say it is an invalid file

Same here error at me.

But, of all these beautiful cities mention on page 1, only three are released right?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Esgaroth, Weathertop, Argonath are already released. The rest is still not released yet.

Well hoping for new updates soon! Started playing again as mulitple factions. Been fighting over Cair Andros a few times, new version looks great! Also got a campaign as High Elves got my ass kicked because I couldnt place units where I wanted. I had to make them run past the bridges and make them stop in the general area I wanted them

No full pack download yet as it seems?

Also it be nice to add some army limit (if possible) for the settlements. For example a limit how big army can be inside settlement, so some small ones dont look stupidly filled. Also to take an acoount the non visible settlers that take refuge in there in case of invasions.

Any bigger reinforcing army can stand right next to settlement and fight outside walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rissien View Post
    Well hoping for new updates soon! Started playing again as mulitple factions. Been fighting over Cair Andros a few times, new version looks great! Also got a campaign as High Elves got my ass kicked because I couldnt place units where I wanted. I had to make them run past the bridges and make them stop in the general area I wanted them
    If you are talking about vanilla 3.2 Cair Andros, itćs kinda bad because if limited deployment space for the attacker.

Why? Because you can defeat (if you counter attack a enemy siege) a full stack army (trolls, mumakil) with 6-7 militia archers if you only have enough arrows.

Why? Because the minute you counter attack that army they will drop their siege weapon and run to the edge of the island, forming a compact circle, ideal for you archers placed on the wall. 6x time and just see them burn

Why? Becuse 99% of the time, the enemy (even thought they have a much bigger army) they run to the edge of the map, waiting for you to attack them..

Yeah ive defeated larger Mordor armies I should have lost because the AI doesnt work well on it. Id use Scouts to pester the ladders forcing them to give up while sacrificing the Scouts over time, seige towers never get to the walls before the AI drops it and just goes for the gate itself which I then just bottleneck the battle and have my archers unload into the clustered troops.