Page 33 of 248 FirstFirst ... 82324252627282930313233343536373839404142435883133 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 04/02/12) Dol Amroth & Rivendell 3.0 (in progress) & Carn Dûm 2.0

For Devils_Advocate stopping criticizing, I really miss it. His critics on my first attempts were responsible for making me doing better and better and keep improving my settlements.
    Of course sharing this with people is fun, actually, videogames are about fun.
    But you know, when you are engaged in a project that requires quality, its better to hear honest critics, like "this is , do it again" than keep thinking your work is already ok.
    As the other modders know more than me about this stuff (making UV maps) I really welcome critics from them.
    I think the point is that now my settlements are ok since Im using KK's buildings/textures so there is not much to complain about.

Anyway you guys are funny, sometimes I really laught in these forums.

I still need a savefile having your rivendell city beeing attacked by the AI, I need to test how the AI work now with some changes I did. Anyone have it?
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; April 02, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 04/02/12) Dol Amroth & Rivendell 3.0 (in progress) & Carn Dûm 2.0

I can play DA for a while

Ahum

IT SUCKS, DO IT AGAIN!

Better now?
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Why not using the custom battle version?

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

maybe it would be really nice later to made all settlments custom . just to make the game even better in some way

If you mean generic settlements, I agree with you

If you mean really unique, no, it will disable the whole upgrade settlement system and there are certain game limits.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post

Ahum

IT SUCKS, DO IT AGAIN!

(But I do like the waterfall effects, though)

Better now?
    Now it's better
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarven berseker and Mhaedros

Ahum

IT SUCKS, DO IT AGAIN!

(But I do like the waterfall effects, though)

(Although the original was better)
    Better now?
    A tiny improvement

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

yeah mean generic settlements... . because some of them are..

Louis XVI's Avatar Campidoctor

Leo really is a great guy, working so hard and sharing it with the people =)

I am thinking about not playing TATW and then download it again after 2 years when it's even more awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Louis XVI View Post
    Leo really is a great guy, working so hard and sharing it with the people =)

I am thinking about not playing TATW and then download it again after 2 years when it's even more awesome!
    Oh thanks.

And yes, this is what i do.
    I started creating custom settlements in november 2010, or better saying, learning how to do it. and so far I never playied Third age total war, except for some Rohan campaigns a few months ago, but then I stopped playing again.

And the reason for this is simple, I dont want to find a Vanilla castle in cirith ungol or Barad dur, it would ruin my gaming life... So Im working the way I can and then when the entire middle earth is full of settlements I will really start playing.

However, as soon as I manage to add dunharrow, the Rohan/isengard campaign will be pretty attractive, so I will keep playing them and wait new settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Why not using the custom battle version?
    Its different. I ned a savefile from the campaign.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; April 02, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The update looks interesting. Cant wait to try it in game.
    Also
    Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Ill tell you guys a secret, when I started making changes in dain's halls, I did something worng and fu...ed up all, had to make the entire settlement again, except the terrain that I kept.

so I was like...

I must get rid of that idiot habit of using shift + del... But dont worry all they are all safe now in a backup folder. Actually, 2 backup folders.
    Sorry man but that somehow was funny. I tried to imagine the whole scene and I LFMAO.

Perhaps could you also resend PM to KK, leo. He answers mine a few days ago.

For the job it continue to be incredible. Good luck for the others settlements. i really starts to love you're job (since Weathertop in fact.).

Cirith Ungol 2.0 project cancelled. Sorry guys but I dont know how to do proper models in 3d to be mapped. Its imposible for me now.

However, the settlement is quite simple, maybe D_A or KK could take and finish it. The only models are actually the tower, gatehouse and some small details, the rest is all composed by vanilla walls. So it would be quite simple to finish it.

So now, there is only Dol Amroth to be finished, waiting for KK's answer...
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; April 03, 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Default Re: Preview: Extra custom settlements (update 04/05/12) The Argonath

UPDATE.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

OMG.... Leo.

Simply amazing. KK should have you on the development team for Third Age. I really hope to see your work in a future patch.

In therms of immersion, my argonath is the best thing I tried until now, when playing on it made me feel like in another world, a fantasy world like middle earth.

And thanks for guys who made the "better water mod", just awesome.

That Argonath is flat out a work of art.
    Although, if I am seeing the map right, wouldn't it have the same reinforcing-army-spawns-in-the-mountainside problem that Edoras has?

On the subject of the Argonath, has KK given a reason why it is facing the wrong way on the world map or was it a mistake?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Skorr View Post
    On the subject of the Argonath, has KK given a reason why it is facing the wrong way on the world map or was it a mistake?
    Yeah, it's been discussed before. If it was facing the other way, you'd only see the backside and would really by nothing to look at.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

That's incredible! Very nice work leo
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Truely beautiful!

I don't think I personally fight there very often, but maybe in future versions I will just to see them...