Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

Default Re: 4.8 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Hello gentlemen,I just need a little help,I want to Fix for myself settlement of Kelepar to be able for upgrade,before start my campaign,but I don't know how to do it,and I didn't find a tutorial for that.I really need a helping hand,thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ego123; March 07, 2016 at 05:01 AM.
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553

Quote Originally Posted by Ego123 View Post
    Hello gentlemen,I just need a little help,I want to Fix for myself settlement of Kelepar to be able for upgrade,before start my campaign,but I don't know how to do it,and I didn't find a tutorial for that.I really need a helping hand,thanks in advance.
    I'm trying to figure this out too. I'll let you know if I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ego123 View Post
    Page 189 of this thread has the fix. super easy

Hello everyone, sorry for bothering but I have a problem with this submod. Everything is working smooth and fine except the fact, that there are only a few maps showing up in the custom battle setup, while old ones (Like the Black Gate) are completely missing. As I want to play a custom Risk campaign with my friends using an interactive map and these amazingly well made custom maps you created it would be great if you would help me fixing my problem

I allready reinstalled everything several times and followed your instructions on the "autodelete.bat" and the removal of the maps file (which allready got deleted by the bat). I don't know if it's a usefull information but by starting the "autodelete.bat" it always says "Path not found. Path not found. Path not found. Path not foun. Game ready..."

Thanks for any help regarding this issue!!!
    Also I have 0 modding knowledge so please don't send me to IWTE editor >_>

Some of the cities are showing up though and in the campaign the maps are working (tested it on Minas Morgul)

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

antb15 thank you very much,God bless you.
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553

Quote Originally Posted by Desotar View Post
    Hello everyone, sorry for bothering but I have a problem with this submod. Everything is working smooth and fine except the fact, that there are only a few maps showing up in the custom battle setup, while old ones (Like the Black Gate) are completely missing. As I want to play a custom Risk campaign with my friends using an interactive map and these amazingly well made custom maps you created it would be great if you would help me fixing my problem

I allready reinstalled everything several times and followed your instructions on the "autodelete.bat" and the removal of the maps file (which allready got deleted by the bat). I don't know if it's a usefull information but by starting the "autodelete.bat" it always says "Path not found. Path not found. Path not found. Path not foun. Game ready..."

Thanks for any help regarding this issue!!!
    Also I have 0 modding knowledge so please don't send me to IWTE editor >_>
    That isn't a bug. The settlements were never mapped to custom settlements. You will need to learn some heavy lifting to get them to work. Sorry.

Hey Arachier Galudirithon, thanks for the help even when it's giving me more the downside . As you made the videos of the Divide and Conquer mod and I simply fell in love with this mod: Is there a way to play siege battles with it? My friends and I hate the hotseat campaign as it is no true multiplayer in our eyes and we play a custom risk variant using cosketch (for interaktive map - unit deployment etc.) and the Third age mod to fight the battles in real time without using dice. As the normal version of the mod offers pretty low amount of maps it would be very nice of you to show me a way for us to use the divide and conquer mod + custom (siege) battles or how I can use the maps provided in this mod here in custom battles. I would be very happy for any help as I do not intend to use the maps for my own joy of bashing AI in it over and over, more of achieving a great game for me and my friends. Thank you in advance!

I am sorry you did not only make the videos your are the head of the whole project. My apologies in this matter and great job you have done there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desotar View Post
    Hey Arachier Galudirithon, thanks for the help even when it's giving me more the downside . As you made the videos of the Divide and Conquer mod and I simply fell in love with this mod: Is there a way to play siege battles with it? My friends and I hate the hotseat campaign as it is no true multiplayer in our eyes and we play a custom risk variant using cosketch (for interaktive map - unit deployment etc.) and the Third age mod to fight the battles in real time without using dice. As the normal version of the mod offers pretty low amount of maps it would be very nice of you to show me a way for us to use the divide and conquer mod + custom (siege) battles or how I can use the maps provided in this mod here in custom battles. I would be very happy for any help as I do not intend to use the maps for my own joy of bashing AI in it over and over, more of achieving a great game for me and my friends. Thank you in advance!
    I can't help you with this I am afraid. I only know the theory of adding a new faction and assigning settlements at each level. You will need to read up on the tutorials Leo has created about adding settlements and then read up on how to add a new faction. All the help you will need is in the tutorial section. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...I-Mod-Workshop

Good luck.

hi-i try for 2 days to make a lan battles-but i fail-i did not find any good site for install or how to do a lan connecting.there was no pages for possible reason why it dont work or how to fix problems.
    sometimes there are pages for hamatshi or trundl service to use-but that are programs that cost money or have commercial that u have to accept to play lan battles.
    i have 2 computer-both work fine-both with working tatw4.8 version

i simple cannot find the other player in the lobby-and yes the firewall ask for connecting permission and get the permission-and the medieval II lan battles lobby did also not find the other player

it will be nice for sites how to make lan battles-without paying for it-or any info on what a the reason maybe is

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow and Crith Ungol

Thx a lot for this mod! Keep up the good work ^^

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by +Marius+ View Post
    Have you ever considered doing at least one historical city for the historical mods?

For instance, if you craft Constantinople, nearly every single medieval-themed mod could use it.

I am personally hoping to use some of your creations in my Stainless Steel build

Esgaroth for Venice, Dale for Frankfurt...
    ...Barad Dur for Papal Rome
    I somehow missed this post months ago. Lol. Rome = Barad Dur. Unfortunately I can't rep you or anyone else for the next 24 hours.

Hey, LEO! I asked you about importing Gondor and Arnor settlements into other mods back in June, which you then replied to by saying I should read tutorials. Well, since then I've figured out how to simply copy-and-paste the Gondor settlements into other mods. That's because they are conveniently located all in one tidy folder called "Gondor" in the pathway "mods/Third_Age_3/data/settlements/gondor" with separate folders for "settlements" (i.e. village, town, large_town, city, and large_city) and "castles" (i.e. wooden_fort, stone_keep, castle, and large_castle). I've now been able to do the same with settlement types of totally different mods. It's cool how simple it is!

However, your Arnor settlements (wooden castle/castle, fortress, large town/city and large city) are NOWHERE TO BE FOUND in the settlements folder! It's such a peculiarity. Under your "settlements/Unique_Settlements" folder you have a folder called "annuminas_fornost", but this is clearly for containing the files relating to the ruins of those two settlements that you start out with on the campaign map, not the large city and fortress models for Arnor that they can be upgraded to. I've looked in every other folder, and it appears that "Southern European" = the Dwarves, "Northern European" = Dale and castles for Orc factions, "Eastern European" = Orc towns and cities, "Middle Eastern" = basically Rhun and Harad, and I'm not sure what "Aztec" is used for if anything.

Surely you can remember where you put these files for Arnor; it wasn't that long ago for you, was it?

A while ago someone in the MOS thread (I think it was Greymane) basically explained that he was able to import your Gondor style settlements, but was unable to find your Arnor ones. Now I can see why! It's because you've built this deliberately difficult and intentionally evil labyrinthian maze in your settlements folder, to trick us all and lead us off the hidden path to where you hide all your treasure. Just admit it, Leo. This is what this is all about. You're just trying to hide your riches deep within your settlements folder that you've hoarded and kept from the view and knowledge of the Brazilian tax authorities. You could have hid your money in Panama, but you were smart, at least you thought you were smart. Well guess what? The Sheriff of Nottingham has arrived and he's come to collect.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Surely you can remember where you put these files for Arnor; it wasn't that long ago for you, was it?

Dude... No way, I don't remember any crap.

Now, many files are not arranged in where they should be, I mean, not to be found easily by searching for folder names. I don't remember where they are! But you can simply go trying the files in IWTE till you can visualize the settlement you want in the software 3d view. Given that you can already discard many folders where you know the settlement you are looking for are not located, there will be not much left folders for you to check. It just takes some time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    A while ago someone in the MOS thread (I think it was Greymane) basically explained that he was able to import your Gondor style settlements, but was unable to find your Arnor ones. Now I can see why! It's because you've built this deliberately difficult and intentionally evil labyrinthian maze in your settlements folder, to trick us all and lead us off the hidden path to where you hide all your treasure. Just admit it, Leo. This is what this is all about. You're just trying to hide your riches deep within your settlements folder that you've hoarded and kept from the view and knowledge of the Brazilian tax authorities. You could have hid your money in Panama, but you were smart, at least you thought you were smart. Well guess what? The Sheriff of Nottingham has arrived and he's come to collect.
    If I had any riches I would already had moved to Jamaica.

"There will be then 3 barrack events. They will occur in a certain time of the campaign, unlocking the building capacities."

Is this the event called "military report" or something else? I don't get such an additional event. When does it usually occurs?

Quote Originally Posted by koetty View Post
    "There will be then 3 barrack events. They will occur in a certain time of the campaign, unlocking the building capacities."

Is this the event called "military report" or something else? I don't get such an additional event. When does it usually occurs?

Yes they are there. First around turn 30, then around turn 60, then around turn 90.
    I'm saying AROUND, which means it can be 30, 31, 29...

Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; May 01, 2016 at 11:08 PM.

Updated 4.9 changelog, uploading the mod file right now.

Yes, I'm alive.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Updated 4.9 changelog, uploading the mod file right now.

Yes, I'm alive.
    In so many ways, Leo! In so many ways. Your submod lives on through other submods. It touches the lives of...thousands? Millions is a bit of a stretch. But your stunning graphic art and work on battle-map settlements has already been incorporated into several other TATW submods, ensuring a lasting, living legacy for what you have done. Like Michaelangelo, Donatello, Rafael, or Leonardo before you, you may sit back, relax, and breathe a sigh of satisfied relief.

Can someone please tell me what is the original KINGS PURSE value for ISENGARD in vanilla 3.2 TATW descr_strat?