Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: 4.8 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Sooooo everything is fine.....

Damn no way I did it right... Okay thank you everyone maybe I just though it will be map from divide and conquer. I was browsing internet until I could find mod to upgrade my vanilla version so I probably mixed up some things. Though I think I like more this version without so many factions.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

It's always good to start with an experience as close as possible to TATW Vanilla. If you ever want more than that, then mods like MOS, DAC and PCP come into play.

Oh one more thing when I'm here. I tried those Orocarni Dwarves and in far north-east corer I saw settlement I can't reach, actually two villages I can't reach but one of them was in that corner and it had Cardinal from Medieval named Sauron and army next to that settlement .

Is that normal too?
    And just one comment. Damn those Dwarves has best infantry in whole middle earth, but I'm more cavalry guy. Swift and powerful charges, hit from behind while they are fighting my infantry and things like that. For me cavalry is most important but I enjoyed so much using dwarven infantry....

I assume if I ever decide to try some other mode i can't install it over this one but instead uninstall whole game an than reinstall it to 3.2 and than add another mode or not?

But damn this guy made this mod so perfect...

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    And of course pay reverence to our Lord and Master, Leo Civil EUFS, who is as magnanimous as he is righteous in his administration of justice and punishment as sanctioned by the divine. All hail, Leo! Long may he reign! Long may his mod remain! Long may we serve him! Long may his timeless battle-map settlement models be found in submods MOS, DAC, and others to come!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudolad View Post
    I know there is no chance that this is something about Leo I know this is only perfect mod in the whole word so it must be me.

But damn this guy made this mod so perfect...

Yes. I'm delighting, sweet and wise your words sounds. That is the most admirable behavior for a vassal. You see, people? Everyone should be like these ones.

For ages you worshiped him, the Kong, the King, as you used to call him. But where is your King now? Where is the sovereign who once gave you so much gifts and promised so many things? He is gone, like the wind.

Now tell me, who came when you needed? Who took the reins and guided you all to a new frontier of satisfaction, pleasure and joy, using the most sagacious of the craft skills when it came to continuing the work for our so loved game?

Me! Now you all bend in respect, and recognize me as your only and mighty master!

Oh one more thing when I'm here. I tried those Orocarni Dwarves and in far north-east corer I saw settlement I can't reach, actually two villages I can't reach but one of them was in that corner and it had Cardinal from Medieval named Sauron and army next to that settlement .

Is that normal too?
    Yes, this is a vanilla thing, forget about it and don't make any questions.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 09, 2015 at 10:20 AM.

And I just installed Alternative patch mod 4.8 as described in your post but when I run autodelete.bat as administrator it says "the system cannot find the path specified" (in my language of course) for some reason. Here is the screenshot

Anyway I ignored this, deleted map.rwm and tried starting the game but it didn't start as expected, just hourglass then nothing.

I REALLY want to play this mod, just can't see where the problem is.

PS: I have:
    - MTW2 Steam version
    - Third Age Total War 3.2
    - Windows 8.1

^Can someone help please

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

It's only been three hours. Patience...

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Now tell me, who came when you needed?

Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishmend View Post
    ^Can someone help please
    Someone needs you, our mighty leo..
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishmend View Post
    And I just installed Alternative patch mod 4.8 as described in your post but when I run autodelete.bat as administrator it says "the system cannot find the path specified" (in my language of course) for some reason. Here is the screenshot

Anyway I ignored this, deleted map.rwm and tried starting the game but it didn't start as expected, just hourglass then nothing.

I REALLY want to play this mod, just can't see where the problem is.

PS: I have:
    - MTW2 Steam version
    - Third Age Total War 3.2
    - Windows 8.1
    I don't know, it seems you did everything I know, I don't know what could be happening. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Someone needs you, our mighty leo..
    As my first act as sovereign, I call the advicers to help this humble servant. That techincal stuff bothers me...

^I've managed to fix it somehow, the submod is great, especially the Dwarves

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Last edited by Khevsur; January 15, 2016 at 07:06 AM.

lukulusi's Avatar Laetus

it will be nice if you add Dwarven artillery, cavalry and chariots and cavalry of Mirkwood elves in Third age's new patch. Beorn also very interesting character, but I don't know in which faction you can add him.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

sorry man but leo has retreated from modding
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Stir my thread! Don't let it die, never to pass to the second page of threads...

Anything is acceptable, critics, even scolds, you can say my sub mod is crap, but say something.

leo

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    your mod is crap :p

jk love it

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Stir my thread! Don't let it die, never to pass to the second page of threads...

Anything is acceptable, critics, even scolds, you can say my sub mod is crap, but say something.
    Hi Leo, IMO your mod is just the best ever and I just can't stop playing it.

However, your retirement from modding is clearly condemning it to a slow, painful, unavoidable death.

I am no modder at all, but I guess many improvement could be made and carried out in future which will keep your patch alive and kicking.

If your decision is for good - as I unfortunately understood - my suggestion is to try and gather a team of modders who are willing to develop your mod further in the future.

....Or, you could just come back to modding: that will make all of us bless "The Return of Leo" and I think this will aso benefit all other Third Age mods as well!!!

Is there any new factions included in this mod (or any planned for future)?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Is there any new factions included in this mod (or any planned for future)?
    the orcani dwarves
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by fd7s View Post
    leo

your mod is crap :p

jk love it

This is exactly what I need now. It makes me remeber about the old days when I released the first version and there was a red devil around scolding me and saying my work was total crap. Oh the good old days...

Quote Originally Posted by gfallica View Post
    Hi Leo, IMO your mod is just the best ever and I just can't stop playing it.

However, your retirement from modding is clearly condemning it to a slow, painful, unavoidable death.

I am no modder at all, but I guess many improvement could be made and carried out in future which will keep your patch alive and kicking.

If your decision is for good - as I unfortunately understood - my suggestion is to try and gather a team of modders who are willing to develop your mod further in the future.

....Or, you could just come back to modding: that will make all of us bless "The Return of Leo" and I think this will aso benefit all other Third Age mods as well!!!

Sorry but I'm not going back to mod. That is a final decision.

But... I wrote a book and it is professionally illustrated, and it is about the orocarni dwarves! About to be released on amazon.
    That is something.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Wait a sec, you promised you would return when new units from the Hobbit movies are made.