Page 8 of 248 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow, Crith Ungol and Dwarven Fort (update 11/15/11)

It's annoying and against the TOS
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC TOS
    Hard-to-Read Posts (1 or 2 points)
    Posts that disrupt the message boards for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited, to:
    Conducting conversations in languages other than English. The exception is in forums explicitly designated for a specific language other than English.
    Posting excessively in capital letters, leet speak, or other hard-to-read writing styles
    Using misleading topic titles
    Consecutive posting. (I.e., double posts, triple posts)

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow, Crith Ungol and Dwarven Fort (update 11/15/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Berem View Post
    ...Have "you" not understand that? Rather than that, "I" ask you: is that a such way written that you can not understand even this?
    If you wrote requests in an intelligble manner, then they might be properly responded to.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

...Oi...

...Finalmente encontrei um brasileiro não somente falando sobre o jogo, mas fazendo-o huahuahua...

...Well, "I" was wondering with you could somehow manage to enter in conversation with Devils_Advocate (not knowing if this is his nickname) and - as you, apparently, can craft settlements in a matter of one week - Could "re"-construct that village of his, the so called "Caras Galladhon" - Because in no way that that could sustain an army of thousand Elves - or attacking army of thousands -, and being very susceptible to be conquered being the fact that it even hasn't gates and walls for defenses at least for 2 turns of besieging -... As a matter of fact, in the "Lord of The rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" film "Aragorn" states that the region "is well guarded" not affirming nor denying that it has walls, but in the books it clearly states that it has great green walls, a ditch full of water around the walls protecting it, and only one gate (that could be adapted to two gates "in game"); The reason is that "Caras Galladhon" was a Huge city, better than that - even more than that - it was a great Citadel...

...No offense was intended, specially to D_A, "I" was just pondering the possibility of changing "that" to a real "Citadel", being that you could enter in negotiations with him...
    Devil's Adocate is one of the three modders in TATW who can craft a custom settlement. He knows the engine limitations and have done another settlements by far more complex than CG, like Edoras. There is nothing I can do that he can't by himself.
    I guess he had good motivations to do it this way, however, I have a feeling that KingKong will fill the city with his ELVEN buildings wich D_As do not have, the same can be said for elven walls and towers.

Moreover, colaboration don't really matter that much here, each one of us are sitted in a chair someway arround the world doing it by ourselves, we are more or less alone on this.

Tem vários brasileiros por aí cara, é só procurar, só aqui no TATW tem uns 3 que conheço. Tem o LouisLux que também é modder.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; November 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM.

Berem's Avatar Libertus
    ...Brasil, Santa Catarina, Florianópolis...

...Appreciated your good answer... It seems strange that persons really can understand unintelligible writings of "mine", such as you "leo", and other ones...

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Don't "push" it It's not fun to be haunted by killersmurf.

Forgot to Thank KingKong for the orc buildings.

Thanks!
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; November 18, 2011 at 03:07 PM.

Berem's Avatar Libertus

Ahwwwww Marvelous news... Oops "I" have spoken, sorry huahuahua

Quote Originally Posted by edse View Post
    Don't "push" it It's not fun to be haunted by killersmurf.

I hope the dwarven fort firing positions aren't too low so dwarven x-bowmen can't fire straight ahead ?

Just something to think about ..

Apart from that, looking great!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

...Oi...

...Finalmente encontrei um brasileiro não somente falando sobre o jogo, mas fazendo-o huahuahua...

...Well, "I" was wondering with you could somehow manage to enter in conversation with Devils_Advocate (not knowing if this is his nickname) and - as you, apparently, can craft settlements in a matter of one week - Could "re"-construct that village of his, the so called "Caras Galladhon" - Because in no way that that could sustain an army of thousand Elves - or attacking army of thousands -, and being very susceptible to be conquered being the fact that it even hasn't gates and walls for defenses at least for 2 turns of besieging -... As a matter of fact, in the "Lord of The rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" film "Aragorn" states that the region "is well guarded" not affirming nor denying that it has walls, but in the books it clearly states that it has great green walls, a ditch full of water around the walls protecting it, and only one gate (that could be adapted to two gates "in game"); The reason is that "Caras Galladhon" was a Huge city, better than that - even more than that - it was a great Citadel...

...No offense was intended, specially to D_A, "I" was just pondering the possibility of changing "that" to a real "Citadel", being that you could enter in negotiations with him...
    You seem not to have much clue about why I create settlements the way I do - no offense intended.
    Besides trying to stick visually close to the movies, I try to give every settlement a destincitive weakness that correlates with the faction´s culture.
    E.g. Edoras is nothing to sit in with your cavalry armies as it is tight and narrowed. In general I try with my settlements to encourage people to not fight in them - ironically. I consider these countless siege battles as unrealistic, factions should care more to secure their borders and fight intruders before being sieged!
    A horse based faction as Rohan should defend its capital before being sieged or either retreat to a stronghold (HelmsD).
    It goes similar with the elves. Elves are supposed to lay ambushes way before their settlement is attacked as they consider their realm as "holy". And so on...
    If the player ignores my conception you will either get your horseman stuck in tight passages, or being caged in a rather small settlement (CarasG).
    I have already said it one time, I count the forest around CG as part of the settlement too as the player is supposed to fight there. The settlement with its wall can easily catch a few thousand elves, it just might get a little tight then.

And no, KK won´t "fill" it with buildings. He considered it as a bit small but overall very good.
    If leo.c wants to give it a "redo" he is free to do so. Without sarcasm, well with a bit, I don´t believe it will get more thrilling to play or more aesthtical in its look.

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Should not have wasted ur time in responding to that D_A...

Berem's Avatar Libertus

...Sure, "Moneybags14", why not ignore everyone that are not that important (to you and others)?... Sure... Yes, "Devils_Advocate", that's your perspective to what is "realistic", you want to change the game-play and that is interesting, but none of what you affirm is factual neither with the lore of Tolkien nor historical medieval facts - ironically, the stories are much taken in medieval historical facts of this Earth, such as the weapons, armors, princess, kings, strongholds and so on, principally based even by 'ancient' (such as Iliad and Odyssey) and 'medieval' epic sagas and tales -... Nonetheless, a stronghold is not a city, a city is not a village, and a village is, certainly, not a Citadel: such that, henceforth, the converse is valid; and "I" shall not try to prove to you how MANY historical battles occurred in citadels, castles, strongholds sieges - because, obviously, these places were designed to resist great armies -... Yet "you" are producing this costume settlements, the effort is yours, not mine, "me", on the other hand, is just suggesting some changes, and "you" can rather ignore it or hear it... It's rather comforting that you used your time to proclaim to my suggestions that, sarcasm aside, were not even destined to "you" but to "leo.civil.uefs"... Grateful and Good Bye...

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags14 View Post
    Should not have wasted ur time in responding to that D_A...
    True, true... I am not even being interested in the facticities of any responds.
    However my ego feels better about it being said, even if it was just for the slow ones.

...Sure, "Moneybags14", why not ignore everyone that are not that important (to you and others)?... Sure... Yes, "Devils_Advocate", that's your perspective to what is "realistic", you want to change the game-play and that is interesting, but none of what you affirm is factual neither with the lore of Tolkien nor historical medieval facts - ironically, the stories are much taken in medieval historical facts of this Earth, such as the weapons, armors, princess, kings, strongholds and so on, principally based even by 'ancient' (such as Iliad and Odyssey) and 'medieval' epic sagas and tales -... Nonetheless, a stronghold is not a city, a city is not a village, and a village is, certainly, not a Citadel: such that, henceforth, the converse is valid; and "I" shall not try to prove to you how MANY historical battles occurred in citadels, castles, strongholds sieges - because, obviously, these places were designed to resist great armies -... Yet "you" are producing this costume settlements, the effort is yours, not mine, "me", on the other hand, is just suggesting some changes, and "you" can rather ignore it or hear it... It's rather comforting that you used your time to proclaim to my suggestions that, sarcasm aside, were not even destined to "you" but to "leo.civil.uefs"... Grateful and Good Bye...
    POST NORMAL, you annoy me!

sanaz117's Avatar Foederatus

Well, "I" for one love the dwarf fort. lol
    It's is pretty unique in it's design.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Berem: I believe it is not "legal" in this forum to post like that. I even believe that you can get "BANNED" for writing post no one understands
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

any chance of releasing a submod with these settlements, availiable for custom battles ???

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

I think that we will first need to wait for TATW 3.0, and then if some settlements did not make it in, Leo could release them by his own with install instructions, wich is not that hard.

One thing I would like to share with you guys.

The engine allows us to position defense points. These points determines where the AI will place his troops to defend the settlements after the first line of walls is broken.
    In vanilla settlements they are located all the same since the cities are all the same. But now when crafting a settlement, we can place these points wherever we want. This really changes the battle and makes every custom settlement unique in therms of gameplay.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    One thing I would like to share with you guys.

The engine allows us to position defense points. These points determines where the AI will place his troops to defend the settlements after the first line of walls is broken.
    In vanilla settlements they are located all the same since the cities are all the same. But now when crafting a settlement, we can place these points wherever we want. This really changes the battle and makes every custom settlement unique in therms of gameplay.
    I didn't know that, that makes the prospect of fighting in these unique settlements (both the TATW teams and yours ) even better
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.