Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: 4.8 Alternative patch (READ THE DAMN FAQ PLEASE)

Quote Originally Posted by Davek View Post
    If you had read the instructions on first page, specific the FAQ, you would have found this:

ITS NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE.
    In my defense, this is not located in the FAQ spoiler at all, not even the introduction, you have to open the download section and then the "About" spoiler to find this. So hah!

That's a shame. I'll just have to enjoy these custom settlements in my next campaign.

Hello! To use the patch 4.8 of Third Age, I need the other versions as Patch 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 ... Or can download 4.8 directly?
    Thanks for listening =D
    Last edited by ElvenKind; September 26, 2015 at 10:28 AM.

Foederatus

You only need the 4.8

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Pac :3 View Post
    Hello! To use the patch 4.8 of Third Age, I need the other versions as Patch 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 ... Or can download 4.8 directly?
    Thanks for listening =D
    BR mano BR BR BR HUEHUE.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; September 26, 2015 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    BR mano BR BR BR HUEHUE.
    Sim, mano! heuheueheuehuehuehue
    Mas aí...Aproveitando que cê é BR, me responde rapidão aí...Posso baixar o DAC encima desse patch (4.8) que ainda vai ter as coisas novas do patch 4.8?
    É nóis que voa bruxão \o/ huehue

Quote Originally Posted by Celulariq View Post
    You only need the 4.8
    Bien, ya qué ustedes eres mexicano, ¿por casualidad ustedes puede informarme si puedo usar el DAC en el patch 4.8?
    Perdon por mi español, yo no soy muy bueno

Foederatus

Alternative Patch no es compatible con DAC, de hecho ningún otro mod es compatible con Alternative Patch.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

We all delight in a fiesta (my grandmother is Bolivian so I ought to know), but no more Latin language party here, if we may?
    Quote Originally Posted by Terms of Service
    Posts that disrupt the message boards for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited, to:
    • Conducting conversations in languages other than English. The exception is in forums explicitly designated for a specific language other than English.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

This sub-mod is awesome! The settlements are sweet. I just wish that Cair Andros was the same as in vanilla TATW 3.2 though, that settlement looked cool. Perhaps it was modded in this sub-mod before the developers of vanilla 3.2 made their own custom settlement for it?

These settlements are so fantastic. What we really need is the same developers to give their love and attention to mods like Europa Barbarorum II, Invasio Barbarorum II, and De Bello Mundi, which have very lackluster settlements for their Roman-era M2TW mods.

Cair Andros may looked cool but it was broken, the game could not handle it, so most, if not all, large mods removed it

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Celulariq View Post
    Alternative Patch no es compatible con DAC, de hecho ningún otro mod es compatible con Alternative Patch.
    oh, ok..Muchas gracias =D

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Engrishu

For elf_large_town_b the wldpkg has the name elf_large_town_A in IWTE. I didn't test this mod so I don't know, I just came across it adding your settlement updates to PCP, but I assume it isn't working for the mongols faction as intended in your mod. I haven't used IWTE in awhile so I could be wrong .

Edit: Also, I didn't even see a worldpkg file for Barad Dur in your files.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 21, 2015 at 09:04 PM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    For elf_large_town_b the wldpkg has the name elf_large_town_A in IWTE. I didn't test this mod so I don't know, I just came across it adding your settlement updates to PCP, but I assume it isn't working for the mongols faction as intended in your mod. I haven't used IWTE in awhile so I could be wrong .
    best news I have heard in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Cair Andros may looked cool but it was broken, the game could not handle it, so most, if not all, large mods removed it
    You mean sub-mods, right? And what was it about Cair Andros that made the game so unstable? Are you talking about CTDs? I besieged and defended vanilla-version of Cair Andros on the battle map several times and it worked fine on my HP Pavilion Notebook 15, which has a fairly crappy graphics card relatively speaking. Sometimes the game crashes on the battle map for citadels and huge cities in Medieval II and related sub-mods like Stainless Steel (not in Europa Barbarorum II, though, since that level doesn't exist). I always solved that by kicking down the graphics texture from high to medium. However, I've yet to experience that problem at all with either vanilla TATW 3.2 or this awesome alternative sub-mod. For this mod I always play on high graphics settings. For instance, I besieged Umbar (a huge city with Middle Eastern culture) and defended it before without issue, not even lag. And that was with not only Harad but Isengard reinforcing them in a "crusade" called for by Sauron to retake the city. Then I got besieged by the duo of the Gundabad and Misty Mountain Orcs; again, no CTD despite there being a huge amount of soldiers with full-stacked armies and a huge city settlement. I've also had no issue with other huge-city and citadel-level settlements like Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    This.

The Ai cannot handle 3.2 version of cair andros. It does not work, units get stuck outside of the settleemnts doind nothing.

Edit: Also, I didn't even see a worldpkg file for Barad Dur in your files.
    The file for barad dur is not in custom settlments folder and it is like that even in 3.2. It is in another folder, I dont rememebr wich one... but it s a citadel, in some culture folder or something like this.
    The elven city thing is ok, its just that there is different files for silvana nd high eleves I dont remember exactly how it works but I tested it all and it is ok.

I didn't test this mod so I don't know, I just came across it adding your settlement updates to PCP,
    Great news.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Ya I figured you had it all sorted out, I just wanted to report it just in case. I have all my settlements sorted differently than vanilla since I have no open faction slots to use, so I have no clue about vanilla's setup.

I'll see if I can whip up a new Cair Andros settlement, I had no idea it was so bugged.
    Last edited by alreadyded; May 22, 2015 at 03:40 PM.

@ Roma_Victrix

As Veteraan more in detail described it in the MOS thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    If the custom Cair Andros was attacked from the East, all defenders were killed instantly and a large part of the attacking force also. The result is always a win for the attacker. That's why the normal castle is back. We like it when things look good, but if we have to choose, gameplay comes first.

You guys should belive in me. No onther person did so many tests in these settlements as me, not even KK, not even close to me.
    Cair Andros in 3.2 was so bugged that was viartually impossibe to play it. we all loved the settlement and the strat map icon but it does not work.