Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: 4.5 Alternative patch

settlements and blockset folder of alternative patch 4.5 i have the mos data folder added. now I play mos alternativ patch with settlements of alternativ patch 4.5. it runs like it should be, without graphic errors

I think my installation fails... Everything looks fine, but after the installer finished, the command prompt opens and can't find files.
    When I start Third Age, the menu says version 3.3 but if I try to begin a campaign, it returns to menu :-(
    I installed it in the directory ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3.

Greets

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    question: castles in this compilation (be it generic or custom), are those usefull or meaningless like in vanilla? Like, lessay, faster troop replenish, more recruitment slots than in cities... anything that now make them worth owning?
    Thats an interesting point. Im studing this, I really would like to see castles beeing more important than cities in therms of military, and with the features you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoffeldepp View Post
    settlements and blockset folder of alternative patch 4.5 i have the mos data folder added. now I play mos alternativ patch with settlements of alternativ patch 4.5. it runs like it should be, without graphic errors
    Your frase is so confusing that I dont even understand the purpose of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Scream666 View Post
    I think my installation fails... Everything looks fine, but after the installer finished, the command prompt opens and can't find files.
    When I start Third Age, the menu says version 3.3 but if I try to begin a campaign, it returns to menu :-(
    I installed it in the directory ...\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3.

Greets
    A good point to start is reading the download section of this thread.

I already did.
    The autodelete.bat is the file which is started after installing.

the reason is, that it is possible to play mos together with settlements and blockset folder from your alternativ patch 4.5. sorry, my english is not the best

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoffeldepp View Post
    the reason is, that it is possible to play mos together with settlements and blockset folder from your alternativ patch 4.5. sorry, my english is not the best
    no it is not. There is more things involved in implementing my settlements in another mod, the descr_strat file is totally necessary and its completly different from mod to mod. Also the pkg files.

Implementing all my settlements in another mod will take a LOT OF WORK.

Could you please tell me a solution for my problem? I did everything as mentioned.

Read this page, another guy got a similar problem and they were abe to find a solution.

Hmm, thank you.
    But I've tried everything mentioned there now. Nothing helps :-(

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Thats an interesting point. Im studing this, I really would like to see castles beeing more important than cities in therms of military, and with the features you quoted.
    I made few changes in the vanilla scripts for meself. Think about them, maybe u find something usefull.

Global changes:
    1) All castles received one extra free upkeep slot.
    2) All castles receive one extra recruitment slot, every second upg level.
    3) All castle recruitment buildings have faster replenish rate (roughly 15% faster than in cities). Terrain/racial limitation remain as they were.
    This might be weird to balance, since Elves get high penalty in mountain regions, but dwarves/orcs get troops faster than anything else.
    4) All castles have lower population upgrade demand, but increased cost and time of upgrade

Code:
    <level name="moot_and_bailey" base="300" upgrade="1200" min="250" max="1838"/>    ;village
          <level name="wooden_castle" base="1200" upgrade="3200" min="250" max="4381"/>    ;town
          <level name="castle" base="3200" upgrade="7200" min="250" max="10189"/>        ;large_town
          <level name="fortress" base="7200" upgrade="13200" min="250" max="15764"/>    ;city
          <level name="citadel" base="13200" upgrade="21200" min="250" max="30000"/>
    5) To make castle more uniqe, I removed 4-th farm upgrade and final port upg.
    6) Gave castle final armourer upgrade. (Side note, in vanilla finall upgrade of armourer was ment to be available only in the castles, but KK mixed up position of the "c_..." prefix.)
    7) Finall castle barracks upgrade gives 1 exp to militia units trained there, give even faster replenish time (additional 15%) nad gain ability to RETRAIN depleted AOR batalions, (culture requirement at 85%) even archers and riders (but still need at least level 1 stables/archery range).
    8) I have removed Royal_armoury barracks from cities, made them only buildable in Minas Tirith, Moria (they are pointless, and give only White Tree guard and Khazad Dum guards)
    9) Reworked Swordsmith guild to give melee weapon upg with exp bonus for units(gondor, dale, arnor and fpoe), and added swordmaster building to castles (12k GP cost, final armory and barracks requirement, 12 turns buildtime) give only melee upg - all nations.
    Last edited by zax; May 29, 2014 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I made few changes in the vanilla scripts for meself. Think about them, maybe u find something usefull.

Global changes:
    1) All castles received one extra free upkeep slot.
    2) All castles receive one extra recruitment slot, every second upg level.
    3) All castle recruitment buildings have faster replenish rate (roughly 15% faster than in cities). Terrain/racial limitation remain as they were.
    This might be weird to balance, since Elves get high penalty in mountain regions, but dwarves/orcs get troops faster than anything else.
    4) All castles have lower population upgrade demand, but increased cost and time of upgrade

Code:
    <level name="moot_and_bailey" base="300" upgrade="1200" min="250" max="1838"/>    ;village
          <level name="wooden_castle" base="1200" upgrade="3200" min="250" max="4381"/>    ;town
          <level name="castle" base="3200" upgrade="7200" min="250" max="10189"/>        ;large_town
          <level name="fortress" base="7200" upgrade="13200" min="250" max="15764"/>    ;city
          <level name="citadel" base="13200" upgrade="21200" min="250" max="30000"/>
    5) To make castle more uniqe, I removed 4-th farm upgrade and final port upg.
    6) Gave castle final armourer upgrade. (Side note, in vanilla finall upgrade of armourer was ment to be available only in the castles, but KK mixed up position of the "c_..." prefix.)
    7) Finall castle barracks upgrade gives 1 exp to militia units trained there, give even faster replenish time (additional 15%) nad gain ability to RETRAIN depleted AOR batalions, (culture requirement at 85%) even archers and riders (but still need at least level 1 stables/archery range).
    8) I have removed Royal_armoury barracks from cities, made them only buildable in Minas Tirith, Moria (they are pointless, and give only White Tree guard and Khazad Dum guards)
    9) Reworked Swordsmith guild to give melee weapon upg with exp bonus for units(gondor, dale, arnor and fpoe), and added swordmaster building to castles (12k GP cost, final armory and barracks requirement, 12 turns buildtime) give only melee upg - all nations.

excellent, I will take a look when get some time.

How much of This is in DaC by now, Anyway?

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

All important things like custom settlements will be in the next DaC release, in the current version we have everything till version 4.2-4.3-ish

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Since MOS uses the DaC map IIRC, could one copy the settlements and map files from the new DaC into MOS with minimal editing (mostly of descr_strat for units)?

Or is that just a dream?

nevermind.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; May 29, 2014 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    Since MOS uses the DaC map IIRC, could one copy the settlements and map files from the new DaC into MOS with minimal editing (mostly of descr_strat for units)?

Or is that just a dream?
    MOS uses the old version of DAC map. It has been completely re-worked since then. But had the maps been identical then you are right, there would have been very minimal editing necessary

Small note, changed Jox25 banner on credits section from this to this

Thats my favourite tartar friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Scream666 View Post
    Hmm, thank you.
    But I've tried everything mentioned there now. Nothing helps :-(
    Sorry I dont know. Ask the moderators.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; May 29, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

So do I just install it over my Third Age 3.2 installation? Like any patch?

Or do I go re-read the how to install a sub mod thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Templar212 View Post
    So do I just install it over my Third Age 3.2 installation? Like any patch?
    Yes.

PS: DONT FORGET TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE DOWNLOAD SECTION HERE.

Hi, Leo! When do you plan to add some vital new units (dwarves for instance) in the patch?
    Also, whats going on with the new special units you mentioned some time ago?