Page 67 of 248 FirstFirst ... 174257585960616263646566676869707172737475767792117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 4953

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Leo´s Settlements - RELEASED!

I've managed to fix A LOT OF BUGS from King Kong's 3.2 settlements, as you can see on the content of the pack 2.
    Unfortunatelly, I've found that Cair Andros is a complete mess, the AI absolutely does not work. I wonder why KK did this. And I dont know if I can fix it. Anyway I FIXED ITS PROBLEM WITH LADDERS/SIEGE TOWERS.

That's great! :thumbsup

The custom settlements should be even better to play in now.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I've managed to fix A LOT OF BUGS from King Kong's 3.2 settlements, as you can see on the content of the pack 2.
    Unfortunatelly, I've found that Cair Andros is a complete mess, the AI absolutely does not work. I wonder why KK did this. And I dont know if I can fix it. Anyway I FIXED ITS PROBLEM WITH LADDERS/SIEGE TOWERS.
    I have been telling this since I started playing this game.

Main problem is that the AI automaticly pulls back to a higher ground, to a more strategic point on the map if your own army is above 50% size then the enemy army (they always do this). On other settlements/battlemap this is okey because they can run away, on Cair Andros they get stuck at the edge of the island, forming a giant cicle which your archers easy can take down without them attacking back as they are busy making the circle. 6 militia archers can take down a fullstack elite mordor army.

You kinda have the same problems at west/east osbiliath also, the enemy get stuck outside the walls if your army is bigger then 50% of their army. If you move one unit outside the wall, the enemy attacks but one quickly back again if you move your unit inside, they just dont wanna attack you.

If only you could alter the AI so they retreat only when your army is 50 bigger (not smalller like it is now) than the enemy army.

These bugs ruins the gondor campaign IMO, dont matter how lore accurate the game is.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 11, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

The only wish i have now is a new Erebor, in the same awsome style as Azanulimbar Dûm, but ofcourse a bit bigger.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Can you tell us Leo, can you make the new custom settlements as playable in custom battles as the original, there are many guys who wanna try them playing in multiplayer - like some group of best friends playing online .I have reed your last statement about them in previous comment and there were no word about the multiplayer element of the game.

Was the Dol Guldur custom map fixed? There is a huge rock wall at the edge of part of the map in vanilla, which blocks allied and enemy reinforcements.

Yes dol guldur is now completly fixed.

Making them playable in custom battles is not difficult but takes time and patience, something that is going low on me. sorry.

Default Re: New custom settlements - RELEASED!

Keep up the good work Leo
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Yes dol guldur is now completly fixed.

Making them playable in custom battles is not difficult but takes time and patience, something that is going low on me. sorry.
    thanks for the answer ,Leo
    Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    I have been telling this since I started playing this game.

Main problem is that the AI automaticly pulls back to a higher ground, to a more strategic point on the map if your own army is above 50% size then the enemy army (they always do this). On other settlements/battlemap this is okey because they can run away, on Cair Andros they get stuck at the edge of the island, forming a giant cicle which your archers easy can take down without them attacking back as they are busy making the circle. 6 militia archers can take down a fullstack elite mordor army.

You kinda have the same problems at west/east osbiliath also, the enemy get stuck outside the walls if your army is bigger then 50% of their army. If you move one unit outside the wall, the enemy attacks but one quickly back again if you move your unit inside, they just dont wanna attack you.

If only you could alter the AI so they retreat only when your army is 50 bigger (not smalller like it is now) than the enemy army.

These bugs ruins the gondor campaign IMO, dont matter how lore accurate the game is.
    I don't think these bugs ruin the gondor campaign at all. You are playing a mod made from a completely different game produced by really one person. It is quite easy to work around bugs if you know they are there. You can fight outside of cair andros, RP that it is in rubble or something, or not a great defensive position. It lasted 1 night in the book. Working around exploits and bugs is the same phenomena as clicking VH/VH instead of medium. You are making a conscious decision to make the game harder. Keep a full stack in CA always, Mordor will only attack you at equal strength. It is still bugged at that point but only because the orcs do not rout and run, they fight to the death which actually makes the game harder. You are complaining about an exploit, just don't exploit it. I only post because this is the best lord of the rings game available anywhere despite a few bugs, and one should not call bugs game breaking when they are merely exploits.

King Kong once gave me permission to use his buildings on Dol Amroth.

Does anyone knows if I need his permission o release these new bug fix versions of his settlements as a submod? I dont understand much about this, and he seem to be gone forever so...

Does anyone knows if I need his permission o release these new bug fix versions of his settlements as a submod? I dont understand much about this, and he seem to be gone forever so...

For how long he is gone - an year? year and a half? If he is out of the modding community for so long then w8 a little bit and choose when to do it.If he comeback after your release then it's his problem - not yours. I'm lawyer and work in the real world on such problems daily.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    For how long he is gone - an year? year and a half? If he is out of the modding community for so long then w8 a little bit and choose when to do it.If he comeback after your release then it's his problem - not yours. I'm lawyer and work in the real world on such problems daily.
    Hmm, well if he did care about his mod I would guess he would visit it every now and then and answer people that asked him question in a proffesonal way but I guess he also gets loads of question on PM on why the game dont work after they have installed it and when the next release is comming and loads of question that they could find just be looking at the forum....probably pretty annying? Anyway, as long as he havent given permission to modify his entire work, I dont think anyone can do anything? But when he dont maintain his mod, it would be strange if he came back in 2 years and complained about many modifying his mod to improve it.

Its sad to see that he might have turned his back on this mod as there still are MANY playing it and are looking forward to new release and improvments and many are working on it with different submods. I know he can do whatever he wants as he did build it this mod on his own spare time, but I think that he still have some responsebility around it. Why dont he just pass the responsibility to someone els while he is away? there are many serious moders on here, bt maybe they are not good enought for him?

anyway, that is just my thoughts...
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; April 18, 2013 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Hmm, well if he did care about his mod I would guess he would visit it every now and then and answer people that asked him question in a proffesonal way but I guess he also gets loads of question on PM on why the game dont work after they have installed it and when the next release is comming and loads of question that they could find just be looking at the forum....probably pretty annying? Anyway, as long as he havent given permission to modify his entire work, I dont think anyone can do anything? But when he dont maintain his mod, it would be strange if he came back in 2 years and complained about many modifying his mod to improve it.

Its sad to see that he might have turned his back on this mod as there still are MANY playing it and are looking forward to new release and improvments and many are working on it with different submods. I know he can do whatever he wants as he did build it this mod on his own spare time, but I think that he still have some responsebility around it. Why dont he just pass the responsibility to someone els while he is away? there are many serious moders on here, bt maybe they are not good enought for him?

anyway, that is just my thoughts...

All modders (including KK) have a life outside of this mod, and over the course of this mod I've seen some of the modders leave and then return after a leave of absence. That's totally their decision.
    If KK hasn't passed the mod on to someone else, then it's because he probably wants some time out, but also doesn't want to leave it in someone else's hands, as this mod has been governed by him from the ground up, from the very start.

If he comes back: great. If he doesn't; then the submods will live on.

That's great news about the buildings Leo!
    I'm sure that as long as the necessary credit is given to KK's settlements, then he'd be fine with the few "tweaks" required to make them work correctly in a submod!

After all, like you said - you're fixing a few bugs - you're not dramatically changing the settlement design and claiming them to be your own, and people can still use the originals by playing vanilla!
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Quote Originally Posted by HandKing View Post
    All modders (including KK) have a life outside of this mod, and over the course of this mod I've seen some of the modders leave and then return after a leave of absence. That's totally their decision.
    If KK hasn't passed the mod on to someone else, then it's because he probably wants some time out, but also doesn't want to leave it in someone else's hands, as this mod has been governed by him from the ground up, from the very start.

If he comes back: great. If he doesn't; then the submods will live on.
    Ifcourse, we are all grateful for his great work which have entertained so many people over the years. Just sad to see that so many improvements are hold back due to missing permissions.

I hope no one will get me wrong with this.
    Im a King Kong fan since the beggining. His work inspired mine.

Im just saying it would be cool from his part to come here and say: "Hi people, the mod is dead, no one can touch it, no permissions" or "I will be back some day" or "You can mod it".
    It would take 5 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by orclover5 View Post
    I don't think these bugs ruin the gondor campaign at all. You are playing a mod made from a completely different game produced by really one person. It is quite easy to work around bugs if you know they are there. You can fight outside of cair andros, RP that it is in rubble or something, or not a great defensive position. It lasted 1 night in the book. Working around exploits and bugs is the same phenomena as clicking VH/VH instead of medium. You are making a conscious decision to make the game harder. Keep a full stack in CA always, Mordor will only attack you at equal strength. It is still bugged at that point but only because the orcs do not rout and run, they fight to the death which actually makes the game harder. You are complaining about an exploit, just don't exploit it. I only post because this is the best lord of the rings game available anywhere despite a few bugs, and one should not call bugs game breaking when they are merely exploits.
    Okey, I agree that these bugs dont ruin the game. Mainly it is the the poor AI which ruins the hole game. In my view for the Gondor campaign, Mordor and Gondor should be fighting over Osgiliath where sometimes Mordor pushing through and onto Pelennor Field and you need to fight over Minas Tirith but honestly, how many times have that happened?

And people saying that you can just take Minas Morgul and hold Mordor there.....

Minas tirith plaza can be placed again in the 7th level. But that would make the AI to not work properly, I would say that with the plaza on the 7th level, its performance is about 70%.
    While when defending, they can do it 100%.

Should I place it in the 7th level?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If you added gates to each level, would it work?